Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 711162 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Kind of buggy out in the boat yday but I had sweats on so they didn't really bother me. It was a different story though in shorts & a t-shirt when I was trying to mow yday afternoon. Bitin flies!! :angry2: :taz:
« Last Edit: August 08/18/24, 12:51:59 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Kind of buggy out in the boat yday but I had sweats on so they didn't really bother me. It was a different story though in shorts & a t-shirt when I was trying to mow yday afternoon though. Bitin flies!! :angry2: :taz:
yea them frigign bitin flies.......that skeeter beater granules seem to deter them some. good to know!!!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Went to the new to me lake yesterday. Almost in Gunners back yard.  :sleazy: :shocked: nice lake. Nice places on it too. Ended up 2 pike 12 sunfish 1 crappie.

Had my camera with, damn petty pike kept chasing them sunfish around.  :confused:

Fun to watch though.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Lots of floating weeds here this year & many around our dock lately. So, I put our weed rake back together & gave it 10-12 throws on the south side of the dock. I've done another 6-8 on the other side too but that's where the lift is. After letting the weeds dry a day or 2, I've now hauled 6 big totes of weeds up the steps. Found out the weeds don't dry or burn easy too. :rolleyes:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: If that lake is the 1 you were talking about before you went up, they have a pretty decent PA back there. Brother rides the Grizzly back there quite a bit, but I haven't been back there myself this season.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Gunner, I noticed that too yesterday. 

When we clean the shoreline of weeds, we just haul them off into the woods.

So far I'm pretty darn impressed with the lack of any type of annoying,  biting bugs. :happy1: A few but not bad at all.

I did see my first juvenile loon yesterday,  so some made it.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: If that lake is the 1 you were talking about before you went up, they have a pretty decent PA back there. Brother rides the Grizzly back there quite a bit, but I haven't been back there myself this season.
yea it is the lake and your right its a nice acess. No dock or cement pads but easy as can be for loading up the boat.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Watching 4 otters in the lake by the dock.  :rotflmao: there funny as all het out to waych.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yes they are fun to watch!!   :happy1:
« Last Edit: August 08/21/24, 09:58:16 AM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
This spring my brother had 2 pike tied to the dock and left them overnight.  Next morning he had 1 pike and a head to a pike on the stringer!! :rotflmao: :surrender:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Yeah, that's what the neighbor does with his weeds too. Probably end up that way here as well..
« Last Edit: August 08/22/24, 09:52:06 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
For my pal Leech. :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
picklers!!!
well one is in my belly already. Smokers the rest

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The lake association provides the food for our annual meetings & today's menu is pulled pork sandwichs. There will be a Itasca County AIS speaker along with a lot of door prizes. We usually have 85-100 people. :cool:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow.   :confused:
Did I every say you couldn't catch, one eatable fish?  Nice crappy!  :happy1:  :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The lake association provides the food for our annual meetings & today's menu is pulled pork sandwichs. There will be a Itasca County AIS speaker along with a lot of door prizes. We usually have 85-100 people. :cool:
yea we had maybe 14 people............ :scratch: :doah: :crazy:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow.   :confused:
Did I every say you couldn't catch, one eatable fish?  Nice crappy!  :happy1:  :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning: :mooning:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
one day i took an extended drive...........NO NOT TO INGER...... :tut: :tut: :tut: to check  if anyone was bear baiting.........i seen no activity at all.

i also noticed the acorns are starting to drop..............

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard 0 & 90 both called for door prizes, so we had at least that many. We were 2 board members short though as the president has Covid & the other guy must've had a wedding or a funeral he had to be at. The neighbor's acorns have been dropping for at least a couple weeks, glenn. We had a few leaves dropping out along the driveway 1 day this week too.  :confused:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard 0 & 90 both called for door prizes, so we had at least that many. We were 2 board members short though as the president has Covid & the other guy must've had a wedding or a funeral he had to be at. The neighbor's acorns have been dropping for at least a couple weeks, glenn. We had a few leaves dropping out along the driveway 1 day this week too.  :confused:
you have any leaves starting to change colors????? i noticed a couple trees and the other side the lake turning red already. yea we have leaves falling too!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
The underbrush is starting here, I'm sure turning up yonder also.

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Drove some county roads west of Aitkin today, and saw a few trees showing yellow and orange. They were maybe 5% turned. A lot if ferns in that area were bright yellow.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just a couple of birches out behind the garage by the septic lift station that are starting to turn a little yellow here, so far.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see our boxelders are turning some. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Since the weather changed on Tuesday, the bugs haven't been near as bad either. :happy1: :cool:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
About 15-20 minutes before sunrise the action picked up. :happy1: Did managed 4 crappies & 3 are pretty nice ones. :cool: Did have 1 smaller bluegill in the livewell too, but the only other 1 I got was a touch over 9" so they both got released.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I've got 60-65' of SS cable leftover from the old lift & I put it on the rollout dock yday. Fastened it to the 2-2.5" post that the axle is on & the other end will be clipped to the bottom of the frame up by shore where it can stay. We've been using a long heavy rope to take it out & put it in forever, but that water is kind of chilly Spring & Fall. This way there should be no more of that. In need of a couple fasteners yet, so I'll be looking to see what L & M has for me today. S'posed to warm back up next week, so it can wait 'til then.
« Last Edit: September 09/04/24, 07:35:17 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I've got 60-65' of SS cable leftover from the old lift & I put it on the rollout dock yday. Fastened it to the 2-2.5" post that the axle is on & the other end will be clipped to the bottom of the frame up by shore where it can stay. We've been using a long heavy rope to take it out & put it in forever, but that water is kind of chilly Spring & Fall. This way there should be no more of that. In need of a couple fasteners yet, so I'll be looking to see what L & M has for me today. S'posed to warm back up next week, so it can wait 'til then.
yea i reckon them girlyfriends from Inger dont like that when your seeds shrivel up in that cold water!!!!!  :sleazy: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: You been lookin at my seeds? :confused: :rolleyes:          :tut: :mooning:      ;) :laugh: :laugh: