Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Cats are hittin good  (Read 2805 times)

Offline katfishkeith

• Outdoorsman
  • Here kitty kitty
Me and the 2 boys went out sunday from shore on the horseshoe chain. While everyone else

was fightin the wind in boats, we landed 12 channel cats in an hour and a half. most were nice

eater size in the three to five pound range. we had 2 that were arouond 10 pounds. The cats

were running up into the shallower water, about 5 foot, so we didn't have to cast very far.

We always use chicken guts for bait, when that smell gets in the water, we can't keep 3 poles in

the water at the same time.

Anybody in the St Cloud / Sauk Center area want to go cattin, let me know.
I am the luckiest husband, my wife, Mrs Katfish brings home fishin lures instead of shoes n clothes......

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
LOOKS AWESOME!!!!  Beautiful fish!

:fishing2:  :fishing2:  Looks like it was a pretty good 'opener' for and the boys!

Offline katfishkeith

• Outdoorsman
  • Here kitty kitty
Yep, we had a blast.  If you're in the Richmond area I will show anyone who wants to how and

where to get a nice stringer full of cats. Most people think they don't taste good to eat. If you

clean them right, they are delicious !
I am the luckiest husband, my wife, Mrs Katfish brings home fishin lures instead of shoes n clothes......

Offline nic53

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Im from the area. Where are you pulling these bad boys in at? Looks like it would be a good time!

Offline katfishkeith

• Outdoorsman
  • Here kitty kitty
Hey nic, we fish mud lake, right on the side of the road. Take Hwy 22 South from Caseys and its

the last lake on the west side. Any of the open spots between the trees are good or around on

the curve where the slough is on the other side of the road. If you want to meet up some time, I

would be glad to give you some chicken guts and show you how we catch em.  Its construction

season, so it would have to be a weekend day. The time of day doesn't seem to matter, we

went from 10:00 til about 11:30 am.
« Last Edit: May 05/22/11, 01:16:03 AM by katfishkeith »