Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: June 29th, 30th and July 1st Fishing Report  (Read 1352 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
Fished Max Noordeen, Jerry Evans and friend Margret to possession limits of walleye with all their over's and at least a 18 inch avg on the rest of their take home fish. Caught maybe 30 walleye a day or more. .Also had a variety of other fish so they took home a nice batch of fish. We caught all of the big fish in around 8 ft. of water on bouncer/crawler rigs. Understand some fellow's think you can't catch fish shallow but I tell it like it is on these reports. It brings me to add something I said last year and maybe haven't mentioned this year. I am always looking for either mud lines or stained water when I am fishing shallow. If water is blue you have to cast jigs/plugs or troll as fish will spook in clear water. Guides that are pulling plugs in shallow water of 10 feet or less are doing very well also. You can catch walleyes in 14 to 20 ft. but I think you catch a better ratio of big fish to little fish fishing under 10 foot. Lake is full of bait hatches shallow right now. Hope everyone is cutting hooks and leaving around 6 inches of line on these little guys that swallow the hooks. It is the right thing to do. Bite is mainly from Cheyenne to Akaska. In other words just about all up and down the river. Hearing of some Salmon being caught 45 to 60 down but still maybe 2 nice fish a boat is avg.

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch