Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: July 13 & 14 Oahe Fishing Report  (Read 1469 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
Fishing is as good as it gets now from the Dam on Oahe to the area I know, about the 212 bridge. Walleye' s are being caught from 8 feet out to 30 feet and some are being caught even suspended 20 down over 30 ft. or more. A variety of plugs working trolling and bttmbouncer/spinner or bttmbouncer/plain hook with crawlers all good. Leech's good also. Just a few tips. I have noticed over the years that when you catch walleyes pulling plugs/ crankbaits or fishing with spinners you have less fish that swallow the hook. For this reason I favor these methods of fishing when we have all of these small fish in the same water column as the big one's. I think you can have a better release rate than fishing with slower moving presentation's. If you use a lindy type method of fishing remember to always cut the hook on fish that swallow it. I leave around six inches of line attached as it gives the ones you don't want to keep a better chance of survival. Flies are starting to be bad some day's. I buy a good horse stable spray and spray the interior of boat periodically. Follow directions on the bottle as you don't want this on you or food but it is the best way along with wearing pants that I have found to keep these little darling's away. The Governor's Cup Tournament is this week-end and I think it will take at least a 3lb avg. to place and I think everyone should catch plenty of fish Good luck to every one fishing it. It is the oldest walleye tournament that I know of and there are a lot of really good fisherman entered so competition will be keen. Salmon fishing may be getting just a little better as I have heard of a few better catch's but it is still best described as spotty.

hutch
Good fishing Hutch