Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: July 21st 22nd 23rd Oahe Fishing Report  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
The bite all around Oahe is very good with numbers of small walleye, plenty of big walleye, smallmouth bass, and northern pike all coming in. I am still catching plenty of fish in 10 fow or less and think this might have something to do with the high water and great mud lines all over the lake. There are still a lot of hatches of bait shallow. This seems a little unusual for mid July but the fish are there shallow especially in the wind. There are also plenty of fish being caught in 14 ft. to 17 ft or more so look around. It depends a lot on the area that you are fishing in. The main bite is really just about everywhere but I favor fishing from the dam to the Cheyenne river now as this is the area that I live in but bite is good at Bush's, Sutton Bay and I think Whitlock is still going. Salmon fishing is a little better but still not were it should be but not as many Salmon boats out so really hard to tell about fishery. I finished fishing Roger and Gary Loske from Ne. and they had a great bunch of fish with all there over's plus plenty of bass, catfish and northern to take home to eat so they had a great trip. I then fished the Dewayne Wallace group with Tom Bruno to possession limits of walleye (64) and some smallmouth Bass. Caught good numbers of fish and they ended up with most of there over's with a 26 inch walleye being the best. All fish were caught on crawler/plain hook rigs from 6 ft. to 17ft. Had a lot of fish in the 18 to 19 inch range also. Pulling plugs , fishing leeches, fishing spinners are all working. Weather has been great and so is the fishing. There are more boats around due to the flooding downriver so expect to see plenty of trailers at the ramps.

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch