Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: another bear bait question  (Read 2118 times)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Talking with a customer today about baiting bear and he said that they used to mix cracked corn, oats, and mollasses and let let them sit in a sealed bucket for a week to ferment.  He thought they put something elso to help make grain wisky bear bait but didn't remember what else was added to the mash.  

Has anybody else done or heard of this?
Is there anything that would speed up the fermenting like, say a can of, MNO and world famous,  :whistling:  HAMM's
« Last Edit: July 07/29/11, 09:21:41 PM by dakids »
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Muthagoose

Yep I add sugar sometimes brown sugar if i want it to alcohol up a packet of yeast. :drinking:

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
How long do you let it stew?
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline NDGUY

• Outdoorsman
Works ok... bears seem to over eat it and then get sick alot  :puke:and shut down for awhile, but used in small amounts might be better, I did a little self study one year with this stuff and added red,green orange, etc food coloring to it, and beleive me that I found bear poop of one color at a bait that was a diff. color like 8 miles away, they do travel even leaveing a good bait to a another bait??? mix with lots of water/sugar and turn it and shake it often 1 week in hot sun is plenty good, and tends to mold after to ripe

Offline Muthagoose

Keep covered with enough water and skim off mold if.
  Im starting a batch this weekend so its good and strong.