Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: August 10th - 15th Fishing Report  (Read 1401 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
The walleye fishing has remained steady along with smallmouth bass on the lower end of Oahe however I am hearing that upriver the bite has tapered off a bit above the 212 bridge. It is also getting a little harder to come by 18 to 19 inch slot fish but fish over 20 inches along with lots of 13 to 14 inch fish still making up limits for most anglers.For the most part walleye are being caught in 20 to 30 fow but I have caught some bigger fish both shallow and deep .Bttm bouncer/crawlers,pulling plugs, and Jigging spoons are all producing fish. Lake Sharpe has been putting out limits of walleye and lots of white bass below the Pierre area down to West Bend .I fished the Silverstone Group from Council Bluffs/ Omaha along with guides Dave Spaid and Tom Bruno helping me to possession limits of walleye along with some bass and northern. Super Bunch of guys and everyone caught fish and ate plenty of fish. Then I helped Dave Spaid guide the Ford Capitol Motors bunch from Pierre, Rapid, and Gillette, WY to possession limits of walleye and some bass and Northern Pike. This group are repeat customers that all of us guides look forward to fishing and everyone has a great time. We caught fish for both groups with crawler/bouncers and pulling plugs. My choice for lure's was both Manns go to's and Berkley flicker shads depending on what dept the fish were in. Many walleye are suspending in open water off the ends of points etc. making trolling productive but I still prefer to hover fish with live bait as that has always been a little more my style. There was a lot of boat traffic over the week end but it is still easy to find fish away from all the boats. Salmon reports still below average. Weather has been very good for August with temp's staying in the 80's.

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch

Offline Outdoorsman -SD

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thanks for another great report Hutch!
Come visit the Black Hills of SD!