Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: This yrs fur prices  (Read 1507 times)

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Unlike in yrs past I wonm't be putting specific $ prices down just general info for our region on the major species.

Prices on most goods have advanced nicely the last couple yrs and I think on many species any price advance would be the decline of the american dollar. Muskrats being #1 on that list.

Rats- I don't see how they can go up unless the dollar goes down but there is still strong demand so I wouldn't think too much of a decrease will happen, if any.

Mink- The price is decent on prime goods but wouldn't expect much of an increase but Certainly not a decrease.

Coon- Expect good prices again this yr. The good prices are for good color, off color will be off about half. I would think that this item will remain at current market levels, maybe the off colors will come up a tad as the fur can easiley/economically be dyed. (edit this market is closely tied to how cold it gets in russia and the price for a barrel of oil there also.)

Fox- This one took a big jump last yr and wouldn't be surprised to see it advance some more but not much.

Yote- Much as the fox but are still selective on the color. NW part of the state has a good yote where as the ones around my area are not so good. They should still sell pretty well.
« Last Edit: September 09/03/11, 06:38:46 PM by GRIZ »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Due to computer am going to finish previous post with another.

Beaver- Unfortunately I don't see any increase but the item has no place to go but up. It has to do more with the overseas manufactures dressing process than anything. I think when they get the process figured out they will be willing to pay more.

Otter- I expect will go up more so percent wise than anything with the exception of poor colored coon.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson