Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Coon opener with the dog!  (Read 2433 times)

Offline jkcmj

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
My brother and I took our kids and my coon hound out tonight for the opener and we took 2 boars, 1 sow, and 3 kits.  Off to a good start! :dancinred: :dancinred:

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice, how does the fur look on the smaller ones?
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline jkcmj

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
They all were looking good.  Unfortunetly a lot of burdocks around the corn fields they were in, so we lost a little fur getting them out, but good sized kits for this time of year, and hides were pretty good already, even the tails were thick the full length.  I am sure by brother will appreciate them getting out of his corn in any event!

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

Offline nic53

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
This is always something I wanted to try! My parents met thru coon hunting years ago but time i was born they didnt do it anymore so never had the chance to try it. It seems like it would be a lot of fun! So if anyone with hounds is looking for someone to come with them let me know! Tempted to check out the net for an outfitter just to do it.

Offline lentz

• Master Outdoorsman
i did it once with my grandpa and got to shoot a coon. dont remember alot about it just how to take the hide off