Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: MNO 2011 Ice fishing challenge Smackdown Thread.  (Read 114661 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Hey DDS now you got me thinking.  Lee isn't in the challenge I'll hook his  :moon: up to the sled and have him pul me around the lake.  i hear he has nothing better to do this winter.   :king:

Don't count on that General.  Remember what happened when Lee's motor crapped out in Ely two summers ago.  Borgie came through like a champ.  Lee didn't even get a sunburn. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:     :doah:

Better cool it on :queen:. Did you forget about Borgies bat? "Vengence is mine say's the Borgie"
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline walkingstick3

• Outdoorsman
Keeping the correct words on my lid might be harder than catching the fish this year  :rotflmao:

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Walkingstick, I will see if I can find a good lidsmith in your area on the internet.  ;D
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
   Join with me in enjoying this historic moment.  It has been since july 20th that Wildlifeminnesota has been large and in charge of our fishing contests.  Right now he is taking a beating like the rest of us.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Great job Walkingstick3. ;D ;D

Now really, do you think I am worried about that 8 inch fish, heck sometimes I use that for bait,
Now how would this challenge be any fun or interesting if I was always in first?  And it’s no fun taking first place and not be able to bump somebody off of first place,

Keep this in mind I am known to hold fish back for the right moment, I had no intentions of starting in first but have full intentions of being in first at the end of this challenge,
Ice walkers

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
   Join with me in enjoying this historic moment.  It has been since july 20th that Wildlifeminnesota has been large and in charge of our fishing contests.  Right now he is taking a beating like the rest of us.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Great job Walkingstick3. ;D ;D

Now really, do you think I am worried about that 8 inch fish, heck sometimes I use that for bait,
Now how would this challenge be any fun or interesting if I was always in first?  And it’s no fun taking first place and not be able to bump somebody off of first place,

Keep this in mind I am known to hold fish back for the right moment, I had no intentions of starting in first but have full intentions of being in first at the end of this challenge,
Ice walkers

willy, hows that stradegy working in the huntin thread??????? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rocker; :rocker; :dancinred:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
  Join with me in enjoying this historic moment.  It has been since july 20th that Wildlifeminnesota has been large and in charge of our fishing contests.  Right now he is taking a beating like the rest of us.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Great job Walkingstick3. ;D ;D

Now how would this challenge be any fun or interesting if I was always in first?  And it’s no fun taking first place and not be able to bump somebody off of first place,

Ice walkers

Willy don't try and fool us.  We all know the only intention you have every day is waking up in the morning and trying not to give yourself pink eye.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

« Last Edit: December 12/06/11, 08:31:17 AM by The General »
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

Ice walkers

Hold on there wildlife. How would you explain yourself using that 8" crappie for bait when the warden  :police: comes up and tells you that is illegal in Minnesota? :popcorn:

You'll be back behind bars before you know it :banghead:

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

Ice walkers

Hold on there wildlife. How would you explain yourself using that 8" crappie for bait when the warden  :police: comes up and tells you that is illegal in Minnesota? :popcorn:

You'll be back behind bars before you know it :banghead:

How really do you think I would use a crappie,  :sorry: I use sucker like The General They have 8 inch of empty space in there brain,  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

Ice walkers

willy, hows that stradegy working in the huntin thread??????? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rocker; :rocker; :dancinred:

I think that going good as we are in 4 place and we have one more to post that we put us in 3 place, and 10 point form 2 place And I am one of the 4 that has a 10 point buck,  :happy1: ;D But at this point there nothing more I can do be tag out, It not like a fishing  challenge  ;) Wear I can upgrade as often,

So if you think hunting to the fishing challenge are even close to the same,, Boy you have a another thing coming,,, But then you do not have a team name and now is the only team that dose not,,, in less DDS give you this one

Maybe we should assign them one.   :whistling: :whistling:

My vote would be   "Slippery Sludge Slackers".    Team 10 I am sure you won't want us naming your team for you .

SMACK   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
 :dancinred:
"ICE WALKERS"
  :dancinred:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
havent talked with my teammates lately. must be busy. so i made an exucutive decision!!! happy now wild!!!!!!! best pull a rabbit out of one your cool hats now big guy!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :woot: :woot: :woot:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
havent talked with my teammates lately. must be busy. so i made an exucutive decision!!! happy now wild!!!!!!! best pull a rabbit out of one your cool hats now big guy!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Rabbit why would I want to pull a rabbit out of one my hat’s its going to be more like walleyes, northern and some sort of little fish called panfish,

Now I wouldn’t be too worried about the ice walkers and be more worried about your own team, as to the last team to name their team must have some lack of communication, which could cause you and your team to come in 10th place last,  :oops1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: naw i wouldnt worry to much about our lack of communication, i'd be worried more about that team #10!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :toast: :coffee: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Well I just when by Big pine and see two fish house out there, I think Sunday I will be out there!!
So god  :help: who in 1st place because Ice Walkers will be coming for you!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: December 12/07/11, 12:14:40 PM by wildlifeminnesota »

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Well I just when by Big pine and see two fish house out there, I think Sunday I will be out there!!
So god  :help: who in 1st place because Ice Walker will be coming for you!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

You guys haven't even started fishing yet and Willy is already calling it a one man team.  At least he waited until after he caught a bunch of fish in the summer challenge before giving himself all the credit. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
 :sorry: that was a typo me fixed  :oops1: "{Ice Walkers"

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
So god  :help: who in 1st place because Ice Walker will be coming for you!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

You guys haven't even started fishing yet and Willy is already calling it a one man team.  At least he waited until after he caught a bunch of fish in the summer challenge before giving himself all the credit. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Now I know General That you would go to no ends to have me and Bobby at each other throat, I sure you been looking for a missing s off walkers on all my posting,  :doah:

As now me and Bobby are on the same team means you will have Twice your work cut out for you!!!  :oops1: Has we make a whooping boy out of you!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  
« Last Edit: December 12/07/11, 08:37:14 PM by wildlifeminnesota »

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, what he said !  :rotflmao:

:dancinred: Ice Walkers  :dancinred:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
  :rotflmao:

:dancinred: Ice Walkers  :dancinred:

You best bring more fire power then that small gun, You throw your change at winning this DDS I see your trying that smiley trick I show you!! 

:dancinred: "Ice Walkers""  :dancinred:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    I knew that using a simple white lid written on with a permanent marker would paralize and confuse you and your teamates.  I was concerned about corny13 and his team but I saw that the lid may also be too much for them to handle.  :doah: Keep your eyes open because the "Ice Toad Pluckers"  may come plucking toads on a frozen lake near you.   :taz: :taz:  
« Last Edit: December 12/07/11, 04:01:46 PM by DDSBYDAY »
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
   I knew that using a simple white lid written on with a permanent marker would paralize and confuse you and your teamates.  I was concerned about corny13 and his team but I saw that the lid may also be too much for them to handle.  :doah: Keep your eyes open because the "Ice Toad Pluckers"  may come plucking toads on a frozen lake near you.   :taz: :taz:  

Well DDS you was all wrong It dose not confuse me at all!! You just have to remember who your talking too,  :Photography: But I did know some of the other teams would be confuse!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

You guys haven't even started fishing yet and Willy is already calling it a one man team.  At least he waited until after he caught a bunch of fish in the summer challenge before giving himself all the credit. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Now I know General That you would go to no ends to have me and Bobby at each other throat, I sure you been looking for a missing s off walkers on all my posting,  :doah:

As now me and Bobby are on the same team means you will have twits your work cut out for you!!!  :oops1: Has we make a whooping boy out of you!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  

this is just to easy to smack around a couple of "twits  Team Ice "Twits" :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:dancinred: "Ice Twits""  :dancinred:
« Last Edit: December 12/07/11, 07:45:33 PM by The General »

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman

Well DDS you was all wrong It dose not confuse me at all!! You just have to remember who your talking too,  :Photography: But I did know some of the other teams would be confuse!!

Just remember if you go up against the "Ice Toad Pluckers" you will need 4 things.

1. A tremendous amount of luck     (it happens)

2. Land the fish   (need some skills)

3. A proper lid     (hardest part of the challenge for some  :scratch:)

4. The oh crap I left it in the computer item.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
So god  :help: who in 1st place because Ice Walker will be coming for you!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

You guys haven't even started fishing yet and Willy is already calling it a one man team.  At least he waited until after he caught a bunch of fish in the summer challenge before giving himself all the credit. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Now I know General That you would go to no ends to have me and Bobby at each other throat, I sure you been looking for a missing s off walkers on all my posting,  :doah:

As now me and Bobby are on the same team means you will have twits your work cut out for you!!!  :oops1: Has we make a whooping boy out of you!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   

this is just to easy to smack around a couple of "twits  Team Ice "Twits" :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:dancinred: "Ice Twits""  :dancinred:
Did you hear.  Willy and Bobby are wishering sweet nothings in each others ear to try and persuade the other who can come up with a better name.  But I'll just rename it because i've done that ohhhhh so often.   :scratch:

Once again general I see your backup to your name calling, now everybody else can see your poster are  lies, you’re just jealous you’d in come up with the cool name like “Ice walkers”  :dancinred: :dancinred:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I also didn't come up with "Twits" you did.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

You're the one who said i'm dealing with twits hence the quotes.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

Just remember if you go up against the "Ice Toad Pluckers" you will need 4 things.

1. A tremendous amount of luck     (it happens)

2. Land the fish   (need some skills)

3. A proper lid     (hardest part of the challenge for some  :scratch:)

4. The oh crap I left it in the computer item.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

DDS I see you used my lid photo and one of my walleyes,
You don’t have any skills of your own both in photographing and catching fish,

As to the lid and the permanent marker I wrote on 12 lids 11 of them after one week inside was able to rub them off with no water just by my finger,
It seems that the plastic on some of the lids we’ll not hold a permanent marker, but then again you’ll figure that out a little late,

If my memory serves me correct that only happens when you’re around DDS for some reason you can bring that bad luck, but on the bright side I did not need it you did, lucky for you brought your ours, because it would have not hurt my team just yours,

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    I bought some sour cream.  It came with a free lid.  Permanent marker won't rub off.  This trip into the MNO Hall of fame will be easier than I thought. :blues brothers:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Will this controversy never end??? Even though I'm not entered in the challenge I can't believe that this lid issue has become so insurmountable for so many of the combatants. How's about using some small peel off stick on letters/numbers. They can be purchased at any office supply store and are inexpensive.

I always use them on my MNO identification items each year and they stick on well and are very legible.
« Last Edit: December 12/08/11, 09:17:35 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  Or you can take them down to the local grade school and hire a 1st grader to put one together for you.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  Or you can take them down to the local grade school and hire a 1st grader to put one together for you.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Many BWCA Reports