Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: MNO 2011 Ice fishing challenge Smackdown Thread.  (Read 114614 times)

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
   We are just drafting. :whistling:  The 2nd place team however seem to have their heart set on taking the #1 spot from you now.   :taz: :taz:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
   We are just drafting. :whistling:  The 2nd place team however seem to have their heart set on taking the #1 spot from you now.   :taz: :taz:

I do see that,, But them it not a  challenge if we sit at the top the hole time now is it,, But It will be short live for the team that take the top from the ICE WALKERS and That look how you all will be fishing ICE WALKING that is!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline FireRanger

• Master Outdoorsman
Lets just hope this ice holds up until she cools down or this challenge will be a short lived one. I've been out 3 times with nothing close to being big enough to score. Hoping to get out this weekend a few times without the kids to do some SERIOUS hook setting! It's kinda unerving though when your my size walking across clear ice that has been freeze :cold: :titanic: thawing for a week. Good Luck boys and girls and stay safe! :toast:
Going South......in a manner of speaking!

Offline lentz

• Master Outdoorsman
i got out my my seceret nord spot :)

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Ding Ding ding...a certain team that used to be called IceWalkers....has a new name...." The Team formerly in First Place".   Kinda like that famous Minnesotan formerly known as ??Prince?? now known as ???? :whistling:    Guess we wont be seeing to many  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: from Wild for a while....just  :oops1: :oops1: :oops1: :oops1:

:sorry:

Congrats  :happy1: to the New Leaders  The Frozen Iceholes   :toast:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  It's good to see that some people are getting out and catching some nice fish.  It is a crazy winter for sure.  Two more days in the 40's predicted.  Tues will be close to 50.  I think we can say goodbye to the ice walkers.  Team Ice Toad Pluckers will be getting in the game soon.  Good luck everybody.  Stay safe.  I wonder if these mild temps disrupt Bobby's winter slumber.
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
What a slugfest training-087 in the top 3 places. Who will take top honors in this cliffhanger? :scratch:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Ice Walkers are just fine,
  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: ICE WALKERS   :dancinred::dancinred: :dancinred:But I see some people here can do no better then predict Doom... I would like to offer that DDS should be acknowledged as the #1 fishermen on this board for excuses. From the weather is to warm to the ice to thin DDS always has a post to explain why he has no fish and his team is always on the bottom looking up.  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: Ice Walkers :dancinred:  :dancinred: :dancinred: have merely been waiting around for others to catch up. If we were to stay on top the entire season it would be pretty quiet around here. Been looking for my buddy the General   :Photography: but after a few shots he has gone quiet, guess he found his place., picking up lost lids on the ice.

I will give a thumbs up for some nice pike caught here lately  :happy1:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline FireRanger

• Master Outdoorsman
All I gotta say is that I'm glad I'm on the team that I'm on....I thought I'd be able to score a fish whenI got up this morning but my partner already upped the anty on the Northern score :Clap:...dang it!! But very happy with the scoring!! Hopefully by the end of the competition I'll be able to score a fish...gotta do my part ya know.. ;D Keep it up Frozen Iceholes!!! We're gonna burn up this competition!!
Going South......in a manner of speaking!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   No excuses from me.  We are in it to win it.  We have a long way to go.  We even may get some ice soon.  Either way we are shooting for the top spot.  I don't think mnrealtree has the strenght to carry Wildlife and BB back to the Hall of Fame. ;D

Offline KNCantu

• Outdoorsman

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: ICE WALKERS   :dancinred::dancinred: :dancinred:But I see some people here can do no better then predict Doom... I would like to offer that DDS should be acknowledged as the #1 fishermen on this board for excuses. From the weather is to warm to the ice to thin DDS always has a post to explain why he has no fish and his team is always on the bottom looking up.  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: Ice Walkers :dancinred:  :dancinred: :dancinred: have merely been waiting around for others to catch up. If we were to stay on top the entire season it would be pretty quiet around here. Been looking for my buddy the General   :Photography: but after a few shots he has gone quiet, guess he found his place., picking up lost lids on the ice.

Bobby,

Don't antagonize The General. You may be sorry once you awake the sleeping smackdown giant. He must still be basking in the glow of his last great conquest.

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch:   My guess is 83-85 inches to win.  If I am correct you will need to upgrade at least 2 of your fish.  Anyone else want to take a guess on the winning total?

Can any one team put it all together.  We have a 34 inch pike, a 13.5 Crappie and a nice walleye with very little ice to work with.  I have to say I am impressed.  Very nice fish posted given the current conditions.  Bars are getting raised.  I can't wait to see what comes next. :Photography: :popcorn: :popcorn:  (I still think it will take 80+)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :reporter; Bold move by the frozen minnow buckets. :Clap:
« Last Edit: January 01/10/12, 10:08:16 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline bonecollecter82

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Yep in all honesty it pretty hard to ice fish when theres a boat in the way
What makes a BoneCollector?
They are the hunters that have the passion to go to the ends of the earth, in pursuit of the basic hunter instincy that was instilled in us at birth and is so often taken away in society.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
If my math is correct all we need is a little 30 inch pike to take over the lead.  If you piss off the general he might post his pics of his pike.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  I think it has been about 2 years since the General posted a fish.  He won't even remember how. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Again Do not Think I am done or for that matter ICE Walker are done We are down 3" and I have that in my camera right now, Remember I like to toy with my completer,  :moon:

corny13  Nice pike But it not going to be the biggest pike in this challenge,  ;D

I was out Sunday and Monday to the same place I got the 39" and 40" pike this summer It a small lake, so it easy to fine the big pike.  ;D

One more thing  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  Wildlife you better make sure you have that memory card in the camera.   :whistling: :whistling:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
  Wildlife you better make sure you have that memory card in the camera.   :whistling: :whistling:

It was, That only happen when your around.  :moon:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman

It was, That only happen when your around.  :moon:

My team will be throwing up a couple of fishzilla's in the next couple of weeks.  They are not on the memory card yet but coming soon.   :dancinred: :dancinred:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Again Do not Think I am done or for that matter ICE Walker are done We are down 3" and I have that in my camera right now, Remember I like to toy with my completer,  :moon:

corny13  Nice pike But it not going to be the biggest pike in this challenge,  ;D

I was out Sunday and Monday to the same place I got the 39" and 40" pike this summer It a small lake, so it easy to fine the big pike.  ;D

One more thing  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

I heard that the guy that sold you those 2 big pike last summer has flown to Florida for the winter. So, now what are ye going to do?

Many BWCA Reports

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
You know what I fine  :rotflmao: with a hole 3" lead you guy talk a lot of smack,  i have at this point post two small pikes, And my team mates post all the rest, So with that said you should know I will be posting a big walleye and and bigger pike,  :scratch: as to that little pan fish who give a  :censored: about then small fish,

Please keep up the smack talk as I will make you eat all of it later  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

DDS you and I are going be be right on the bar will be in the 80s that for sure!!! I will see to that,

Lee You have no room to talk smack to me you are to chicken to enter in this challenge, So close your mouth or put your big foot in it!!!   :moon: :moon:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
You know what I fine  :rotflmao: with a hole 3" lead you guy talk a lot of smack,  i have at this point post two small pikes, And my team mates post all the rest, So with that said you should know I will be posting a big walleye and and bigger pike,  :scratch: as to that little pan fish who give a  :censored: about then small fish,

Please keep up the smack talk as I will make you eat all of it later  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

DDS you and I are going be be right on the bar will be in the 80s that for sure!!! I will see to that,

Lee You have no room to talk smack to me you are to chicken to enter in this challenge, So close your mouth or put your big foot in it!!!   :moon: :moon:

Don't get your panties :moon: in a bunch Fearless Leader. I'm just trying to stir the pot a little. We (The Barbarians) sure had fun beating those seals up last year. :happy1:
« Last Edit: January 01/11/12, 02:03:58 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman

Bobby,

Don't antagonize The General. You may be sorry once you awake the sleeping smackdown giant. He must still be basking in the glow of his last great conquest.
Yup, just all talk.. :coffee:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: It sure has been quiet in here lately  :whistling:

We may need to wake up The General?

"Come out out come out wherever you are." :popcorn:
« Last Edit: January 01/16/12, 08:48:02 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   We need  :cold: to get this challenge jump started.   :banghead:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Hey Lee, I'm around just been busy.  Smacking Bobby's fiction around is too easy.  Plus being he doesn't have the skills to help his team in the fishing department it would seem down right cruel. I was one of those guys who helped little Bobby at school pick his books off the ground.  ;D
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Let the Ice Walkers beware. As of today The General and his Frozen Minnow Buckets are calling you out as they begin to move up the ladder in the standings.
« Last Edit: January 01/16/12, 06:04:13 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Lee it's more like Dakids and his frozen minnow buckets.  he is the leader of these troops and I just try and follow orders.  Who is team Ice Walkers? If I remember correctly Willy changed it to Ice Twits.   :scratch:  
« Last Edit: January 01/16/12, 06:45:16 PM by The General »
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood