Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: MNO 2011 Ice fishing challenge Smackdown Thread.  (Read 114568 times)

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
  Alright Corny13,  thanks for spoiling my spot in the limelight.  Posting up and coming after you. training-087 training-087:doah: :censored: :doah:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
No suprises here with WalleyeMasters!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:  Please note wearing a Fawkinnea sweatshirt Helps in Icefishing.... :toast:

Darn.  I went for the Take My Guns  long sleeve T shirt.  
« Last Edit: February 02/06/12, 07:43:07 PM by DDSBYDAY »
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Nice eyes Corny 13 and DDS  :happy1: It look like will have 3 big walleye it this challenge!  :dancinred:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   It will take 3 trophies to win.  I am very impressed by the quality of fish being posted.  I hope we can put up a pike so that it comes down to the panny.  **80 inches or bust** :popcorn: :popcorn:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
 Is it just me or have others noticed a lack of little red guys dancing ( :dancinred:)?  I see members of the second place team have already moved on to the summer season.  Team Ice Toad Pluckers has another long weekend coming up before the MN. season is over.  All (34"+) pike should be shaking in their slime.  Sorry Walleyemasters, you better keep working because it's going to take 80".   :popcorn: :popcorn:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
There you want some  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: guys

But yes I have been buzzes But then I have no worry on who will be in the 80s before the end!!  ;D

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Just a regular weekend for the Walleyemasters.... :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
We dont need the extra day....... :surrender:
Looking for the Pike size Walleye that WILL GO ON MY WALL!! I dont want anymore SLIME on my hands... ;D

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   Well, well.  It seems to have gotten quite in here.  Wildlife and BobbyB it seems will not be returning to the MNO Hall of Fame anytime soon.  No team has reached the mystical 80 inches yet.  One team, The Ice Toad Pluckers will be focusing on a pike this weekend.  During the evening we will of course be Pout Plucking.  Wildlife will be too busy making and selling furs from here on in.   Corny13 will be busy crusing for chicks in the Snow Bear.  It looks like we should have this thing wrapped up soon.  :toast: :toast:

Any General sightings?  I have not heard a thing from him since it came out that Eastwood was confirmed to be cross dresser. :rotflmao:

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Guess I didn't even notice this till now but the Ice Challenge runs till April 1st? Why,  :scratch:  all seasons are closed except for pan fish as of February 26th except for maybe pools on the Mississippi.   :fishing2: Don't think a few inches gained by posting a pan fish is going to make much of a difference.   :Fish: Lets shoot this horse in the head   :fudd: and call it done when the game fish season ends. By the time this thing ends and awards are decided it will be May, be just like the NBA basketball season! About two months to long..  :coffee:
« Last Edit: February 02/13/12, 02:13:10 PM by Bobby Bass »
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
 I have to disagree.  :sorry: Less than 2 inches separates the  first and second place teams.  The other thing is seasons are open in other states and Canada past the end of Feb.  Ice fishing in March is a blast and if someone happens to pluck a toad they should be able to enter it.  The  training-087 goes to April 1.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
I have to disagree.  :sorry: Less than 2 inches separates the  first and second place teams.  The other thing is seasons are open in other states and Canada past the end of Feb.  Ice fishing in March is a blast and if someone happens to pluck a toad they should be able to enter it.  The  training-087 goes to April 1.

You'll have to excuse Bobby since he's beginning to deal with the aging process these days. Take it from a veteran who can relate to the same experences. :whistling:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline lentz

• Master Outdoorsman
if i get ungrounded a week early watch out going to have to hit the northern spot and hopefully make it up to milacs

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
if i get ungrounded a week early watch out going to have to hit the northern spot and hopefully make it up to milacs

I have a feeling BB is grounded too.  I heard a rumor that the wife wants him out of the house everyday in June.   ;D

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

You are so so right DDS, So you have to Excuse my team matte HE DOSE NOT KNOW WHAT THE HELL HE IS TALKING ABOUT!!!  :banghead: :banghead:

BOBBY Go back to your nap!!  :bow: We will wake you in MAY!!!  :doah: That May of 2020

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Ok  might have to get some slime on my hands.. only my buddies caught 30.5" walleyes this weekend  :cry: :cry:  I had to settle for a bunch of 8-9lbers..but i DID Outfish them in numbers :happy1:   Gee Bobby.... Lake of the Woods is Awesome in March the biggest pike Ive seen caught have been up there!  Plus the season is open all year for Pike.... Plus the Minnesota walleye season is open until April 15,2012 on Lake of the Woods.  So get out and get  up there!! :banghead:

But if Bobby and Others want to Crown  :king: the WalleyeMasters early thats OK.... :whistling:
 :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

But if Bobby and Others want to Crown  :king: the WalleyeMasters early thats OK.... :whistling:
 :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

Not on your life  :moon:

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
When will the winner be determined? As far as when is the last day you guys can send pics?
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Well that was sure easy to wake up this thread . :coffee:    :rotflmao:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
When will the winner be determined? As far as when is the last day you guys can send pics?

3. Contest runs from Dec 1, 2011, till April 1, 2011, at midnight.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    Congratulations to the December and January 50$ off coupons for custom furs from Wildlifeminnesota.  The winners were    Dec. Wildlifeminnesota
                                                     Jan.  Dakids

I did post an alternate December winner should Wildlife chose to redonate his prize.

http://mnoutdoorsman.com/forums/index.php?topic=26011.0
« Last Edit: February 02/14/12, 02:54:20 PM by DDSBYDAY »

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
   Congratulations to the December and January 50$ off coupons for custom furs from Wildlifeminnesota.  The winners were    Dec. Wildlifeminnesota
                                                     Jan.  Dakids

I did post an alternate December winner should Wildlife chose to redonate his prize.

http://mnoutdoorsman.com/forums/index.php?topic=26011.0

wow I won my own Prize,  :doah: DDS It will go to the alternate!! Deadeye  ;D
« Last Edit: February 02/14/12, 03:38:45 PM by wildlifeminnesota »

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
       Congratulations  Deadeye and Dakids
PM me your info I will send then out after the fest this weekend!!!  :happy1: If you are going to the fest Pm me I will just bring it with me,,  :happy1:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  Very nice of you to re donate your prize Wildlife.  You did in fact win so I think as far as the Mojo rules, the ying/yang rules, and the how can anyone be that lucky so many times rules, you are spent.  Time for you to watch the Ice Toad Pluckers speed by your team with only a little less bad luck. :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:  :rotflmao:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
  Very nice of you to re donate your prize Wildlife.  You did in fact win so I think as far as the Mojo rules, the ying/yang rules, and the how can anyone be that lucky so many times rules, you are spent.  Time for you to watch the Ice Toad Pluckers speed by your team with only a little less bad luck. :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:  :rotflmao:

Do what you will do, But It's not over in tell I say it's over!!!  :moon:

O-Ya "ICE WALKER"  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    The good news is we have had 15 competitors post legal fish.  The bad news is the rest have not.  To be elligble for prizes you need to get that fish posted.  It does not have to be an upgrade for your team.  There is approximately 6 weeks to go.  Get them in now if you have them so you can be in the February drawing at the end of the month. :happy1:  Good luck everyone.  :popcorn: :popcorn:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
  You did in fact win so I think as far as the Mojo rules, the ying/yang rules, and the how can anyone be that lucky so many times rules, you are spent. 

You know I herded that before, My Wife has told me that for 27 years now but I still have the luck,  :sorry: DDS

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok boys and girls, it's crunch time.  The majority of the Minnesota game fish season ends this coming weekend.  If you don't tag a big one or have one saved on your memory card you will have to travel if you want to win this challenge.  Good luck to all.   :happy1: :happy1:  Team Ice Toad Pluckers need to go pike toad plucking.  See ya at the top. training-087 training-087
« Last Edit: February 02/20/12, 09:42:55 PM by DDSBYDAY »

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
Now then..I got the kids ice fishing clincs outa the way
i'll be back on the ice with full force the rest of the
season...you all better get a fish'n or get outa my way !
On a quite nite up north you can almost here the deer laughing

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
Now then..I got the kids ice fishing clincs outa the way
i'll be back on the ice with full force the rest of the
season...you all better get a fish'n or get outa my way !

:happy1:  Thats what I like to hear.   :rocker; :rocker;

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    The ATI-47 takes another species. :doah: