Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: MNO 2011 Ice fishing challenge Smackdown Thread.  (Read 114563 times)

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
    There is not much time on the clock folks.  The walleye, pike season in Minnesota ends this weekend. Let's see if anyone can shake up the leader board.  :toast:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
WalleyeMasters are giving all the teams a chance!  No icefishing for me this weekend.. :sorry:  Still trying to recover from last weekends Eelpout extravaganza.. :drinking:  But I know where this perch was caught last weekend....Lake X central ND....22' of water.. That would add a couple more inches to Walleyemasters... :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: Plus a trip to the Taxidermist!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   Good thing for Wildlife we go by length and not weight.  That perch Corny would out weigh wild's 38 inch skin and bones pike. :rotflmao:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Is there a nuclear power plant nearby?
I've never seen anything like that. How old would that fish be?
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline Retired on Osakis

• Master Outdoorsman
That is one honking big  :moon: perch!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
That is very nice C  :happy1:.

My buddy caught and mounted one like that he caught out of, I believe the name of the lake was Reets, just south of Webster SD. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
Hate to break it to ya DDS but walleye and pike are open
at lake of the woods after this weekend.
On a quite nite up north you can almost here the deer laughing

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
DDS looks rode hard and put away wet.   :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: February 02/26/12, 09:28:00 PM by The General »

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
He was rode hard, but he performed admirably!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
Hate to break it to ya DDS but walleye and pike are open
at lake of the woods after this weekend.

I am aware of that but was not planning on having to go into March.  Unfortunatly I was unable to score a big pike this weekend so I will have to go to plan B.  :banghead:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
DDS looks rode hard and put away wet.   :rotflmao:

That was day one of 3 days living in a box.  Two guys and a doz. wayward dancing girls makes for some cramped quarters.  Our door in the morning looked like an arizona traffic stop. The only difference is it was all women leaving. ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxLSqHXlTY8[/youtube]

Offline lentz

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline lentz

• Master Outdoorsman
ya theres 14 of them learn to count dds

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
When the ladies have to come out the fish house door sideways to get out I wouldn't count them as ladies any more.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
 :sorry: :offtopic:  At this time last year the sign up for the open water challenge was opened up.  We still have a month to go in the first annual MNO Ice Fishing Challenge.   Big snows are predicted starting tomorrow for northern Minnesota making conditions difficult for the end of the season.  Good luck to all.  We are all going to need it.   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Wow what a perch!!! Just a good think I will not have to try to bet that one!!  :bow:

I see a little move at the Bottom of lead board, And nothing at the top!!  :scratch:

Well what a long two weeks Eel pout fest was a big hit, I did sale some fur hats,  ;D
but Right after I got back to Ice Walking  :fishing2: :fishing2: :fishing2:

So the team in first place look out ICE WALKER will be taking you out!! 
 :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
 Wildlife, if you can't break 80" you will not be  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: and your reign of terror will have ended.   training-087 training-087

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Wildlife, if you can't break 80" you will not be  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: and your reign of terror will have ended.   training-087 training-087

DDS My terror has just begun!!  training-087 training-087 training-087 You will see my grasshopper,   :dancinred: You words mean nothing to me expect  ( Unfortunatly I was unable to score a big pike this weekend so I will have to go to plan Down on the lead board!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: 

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   I see a big change in the top of the leader board soon. :whistling:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
   I see a big change in the top of the leader board soon. :whistling:

That you do!!  :bs:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   That big change I see still leave the Ice Walkers in 2nd place.   :sorry:   :rotflmao:

Offline bonecollecter82

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Oh dds it there should of been a change but me forgeting to bring a lid the 1 time I made it out on the ice this year couldnt use this poor little guy thats ok I got a LOTWS trip coming up though when does this contest end???

What makes a BoneCollector?
They are the hunters that have the passion to go to the ends of the earth, in pursuit of the basic hunter instincy that was instilled in us at birth and is so often taken away in society.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  Contest ends April 1st at midnight.  Nice fish.  That would have really helped us out. 
Glad you are getting another chance.  If you need a lid contact Bobby Bass.  He had a couple surgically removed from his forehead this afternoon.  It appears his partner, Wildlife left a couple laying on the ice and the big storm carried them to Duluth and picked Bobby right off the hammock.   :rotflmao:  They were worried about brain damage.  The lids cut in pretty deep. After the scan it appears Bobby will suffer no ill effects. ;D

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
  Contest ends April 1st at midnight.  Nice fish.  That would have really helped us out. 
Glad you are getting another chance.  If you need a lid contact Bobby Bass.  He had a couple surgically removed from his forehead this afternoon.  It appears his partner, Wildlife left a couple laying on the ice and the big storm carried them to Duluth and picked Bobby right off the hammock.   :rotflmao:  They were worried about brain damage.  The lids cut in pretty deep. After the scan it appears Bobby will suffer no ill effects. ;D

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Bobby got hit by lid, Boy what a story teller you have become DDS  :spam:

bonecollecter82  I bet your was saying a few  :censored: :censored: But then we will not feel  :sorry: :sorry: for you....  :moon:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   This is very important.   All the pictures of Minnesota caught walleye and pike will need to be posted up now.  The big game season is over and to insure that fish are in season when caught we need them posted.  You will have 2 days.  After that all walleye and pike pics will need a date and  location along with the pic.  Example -pike upgrade team #1 3/16/2012  Lake of the Woods- season open year round.
« Last Edit: March 03/05/12, 09:52:30 AM by DDSBYDAY »

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Word on the street is bobby is upset and decided he's actually going to post an Ice Fishing fish or die doing it.

Hey Bobby you have a flag up  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/05/12, 09:12:44 PM by The General »

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Willy and Bobby make a movie, however i don't understand why they interviewed DDS's mom at the end.  Now i see where he gets all his B.S. and wishful dreams.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAPMmwZUNrM[/youtube]
« Last Edit: March 03/05/12, 09:33:37 PM by The General »

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
     Not much time left in the 1st annual MNO ice fishing challenge.  Team "Ice Toad Pluckers is going for broke.  We will be having some rule changes for next year.  Right now the contest is still on and if you are willing to put in the effort the challenge is still up for grabs.   :happy1:  (mom says go get em!!)  ;) ;D training-087

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
So, I have a question here. Not to be the devils advocate here BUTT! If your fishing the river systems and the ice begins to dissipate can you slide you boat in amongst the ice flow remnants and fish? Also can you fish the open waters of the river systems during the allotted time period of the of the contest?

Another question would be if you live near a lake that hasn't froze over completely this winter, is that open water fair game to fish in the contest? What brings these questions to mind is that my area falls under that category this winter. I didn't notice any stipulation on this in the rules.

:sorry:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again