Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: MNO 2011 Ice fishing challenge Smackdown Thread.  (Read 114547 times)

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
     :sorry:  Lee Borgersen**.   Only fish caught through the ice qualify.  You can use your boat to get on an off the ice but the fish must come through the hole.  So if you choose to get on an ice flow as in the generals pic and float down the river that would qualify.

For next year we will end the walleye and pike entries at the close of the Minnesota season.  Panfish however can be posted up until April 1st.  This year fish caught legally in season can be posted up until April 1st as long as a description of where it is caught is included with the entry.

What this all means is it ain't over yet boys and girls.  The monster pike on LOW are still available.  :happy1:

** indicates two times open water challenge winner. ;)
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
     :sorry:  Lee Borgersen**.   Only fish caught through the ice qualify.  You can use your boat to get on an off the ice but the fish must come through the hole.  So if you choose to get on an ice flow as in the generals pic and float down the river that would qualify.

:scratch: Must be a set of rules out there that have not been posted because I don't see any mention that you have to be on ice, fishing...
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
    :sorry:  Lee Borgersen**.   Only fish caught through the ice qualify.  You can use your boat to get on an off the ice but the fish must come through the hole.  So if you choose to get on an ice flow as in the generals pic and float down the river that would qualify.

:scratch: Must be a set of rules out there that have not been posted because I don't see any mention that you have to be on ice, fishing...

:oops1: and I'm not even in the contest :bonk:

:sorry: Folks! Now I have opened a............................
« Last Edit: March 03/07/12, 10:40:44 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
The let Lee participate campaign has begun.   :campfire:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   Bobby I am sending you back to Rockiwannabunderthere.  Take Lee with you.  :doah:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
   Bobby I am sending you back to Rockiwannabunderthere.  Take Lee with you.  :doah:
Well we know that it is the first season of the ice fishing contest and it is a growing thing. There is a disclaimer in the rules stating that you can change the rules but you need to change the rule before you start quoting it. Somewhat unfair to participants to change rules at the end of the contest when you found out something was not going to work out. I am willing to guess there are people on here who can fish open water before the end of the contest.

Coming from some one who has ran contests before I would like to offer a few suggestions. The ice fishing contest is to long, It should end when walleye and Northern season ends. Declare a winner then and let people have a few months off before you start up the fishing Challenge. Not a big deal this year as you have no entrance fee and you have no prizes so no one can really complain. But if you did you are opening a can of beans up by letting fish be entered after the deadline and requesting that they state where and when they caught their fish. Just a few suggestions.

And Lee you are always welcome under my rock ::welcome::  I have cable TV
Bobby Bass

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
man i get the feeling that i'm the one that opened the flood gates here. :cry: :cry: :cry: training-087 :banghead: :bonk: :bonk:. when i posted my nord. i truely apologize, but you see i caught that fish back in dec, the 11th to be exact and i am somewhat puter hanicapped. especially when it comes to photobucket and all the hi tech stuff so i finally gotz ma to sit down and do it.

so with that being said.....................carry on da smack!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :taz: :taz: :taz: as i will soon be a force to be watched!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
The let Lee participate campaign has begun.   :campfire:

I was going to tell you not to stand to close to the fire General :campfire:. That was until I realized who I was talking about. For some reason I don't think you'll ever get burnt :whistling:

Quote:
"You are the gasoline on my fire!" (book of satin chapter 2 paragraph 7)

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Retired on Osakis

• Master Outdoorsman

This was covered earlier when several questions were asked about the contest. It is in the very last thread of the Ice Fishing Challenge forum on page two. Subject is "?", started by wildlifeminnesota.
Posted by DDSBYDAY: "Fish must be in season where it is caught.  Fish also must be caught through the ice.  No open water fish are to be registered.  (river fish)."

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
I do agree with Bobby. The contest runs too long. What I would suggest for next year is end the walleye and pike at the end of the MN inland season, and then maybe go another 2 weeks for panfish.
I don't see any way that it would work to prove where a fish was caught (thus proving it was a legal fish). Actually I do have one idea how to solve the location part. Contestants would be required to bring me along and I would confirm the fish was caught where ever it was caught. Sort of a roving judge/referee/honest observer.  ;D

Just trying to be helpful.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
         Bobby Bass invites DDS and General to Lake Iwanttobethere
                                   to smooth things over.

General: It was nice of Bobby to invite us here to view Lake Iwanttobethere.

DDS: Sure was alright of him fur sure.

General: Yep, I may have misjudged him after all. You know how I give him a hard time and all.

DDS: Well, it seems not to bother him to much I guess.

General: Say! DDS.

DDS: What?

General: Did you see todays forecast at all?

DDS: No but, Bobby Bass was watching it on TV when we walked into the lodge.

General: Where is Bobby anyhow? He left to get us some Hamm's a long time ago.

DDS: We better get out of here. The weather is looking real bad.

General: Ya let's split before we drowned.

DDS: I can't move...My feet are strapped to da bench.

General: Mine to!

So Endith The Lesson.   Bobby Bass don't get mad.......He Just Gets Even.

Many BWCA Reports

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
man i get the feeling that i'm the one that opened the flood gates here. :cry: :cry: :cry: training-087 :banghead: :bonk: :bonk:. when i posted my nord. i truely apologize, but you see i caught that fish back in dec, the 11th to be exact and i am somewhat puter hanicapped. especially when it comes to photobucket and all the hi tech stuff so i finally gotz ma to sit down and do it.

so with that being said.....................carry on da smack!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :taz: :taz: :taz: as i will soon be a force to be watched!

Don't worry about it Glenn.  The rules, that have not changed other than we ask you to state where your fish was caught after the MN season close, have not changed.  It has not come up yet but it will.  Some of the best ice fishing is yet to come.  I for one like the April 1st finish.  Since there is no such thing as an Ice fishing contest where you don't have to be on  the ice I see no reason to stipulate it in the rules.  This is our first one and I think it has been a huge success even with one of the mildest winters in recent history.  We will be having a poll for suggestions and comments after the contest so that we can make it better next year.  As with any contest there is a certain amount of trust.  If Bobby wants to post a fish his daughter caught in our contest we can't stop that.  All fish posted must be in season.  That is the rule.  Until April 1st any walleye, Northern, or panfish taken legally in season is eligible.  That is the way it has been from the start.  Next year we may change that.  This year we go by this years rules.   The game is still on. :happy1::happy1::happy1:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
                                   to smooth things over.

General: Yep, I may have misjudged him after all. You know how I give him a hard time and all.

So he thought  :whistling:

DDS:  General, what do you say we pop these chains and go get us an Old Milwaukee.  I have some on ice in the truck.

General:  I'm in.  What about Bobby?

DDS:  Let him rest.  The bunions have been acting up lately.  My buddy Doug Patterson and a few of the boys will be joining us.  Don't tell Bobby.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKcW0ljTg4I[/youtube]

It ain't over until the fat lady quits singing.!!   :rotflmao:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman

This was covered earlier when several questions were asked about the contest. It is in the very last thread of the Ice Fishing Challenge forum on page two. Subject is "?", started by wildlifeminnesota.
Posted by DDSBYDAY: "Fish must be in season where it is caught.  Fish also must be caught through the ice.  No open water fish are to be registered.  (river fish)."

Thanks for finding that.  I knew it was covered.  http://mnoutdoorsman.com/forums/index.php?topic=25083.0

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
[  As with any contest there is a certain amount of trust.  If Bobby wants to post a fish his daughter caught in our contest we can't stop that.  All fish posted must be in season.  That is the rule. 
[/quote]

EXCUSE ME, I DO TAKE OFFENSE IN BEING USED AS AN EXAMPLE FOR POSTING FISH.  EVEN MAKING THE COMMENT THAT I WOULD POST SOMEONE ELSE'S FISH AS MY OWN IS B AS IN B AND S AS IN S  :bs:
Bobby Bass

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I don't think DDS meant anything by that BB.  No need to get all riled up this is the smack thread remember.   :whistling:

No one here thinks anyone posts other peoples fish except GG  ;) ;) ;).  Where is that little philly been anyway?

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Sort of a roving beer beeeeaaaach, bait beeeaaaach, hole cleaner beeeeaaaach, unload the truck beeeeeaaaaach.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Fixed that for ya Fawk ;D

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   I don't think anyone would post a fish they didn't catch.  I also don't think anyone would post an out of season fish.  That is precisely why we did not and do not have to change the rules of this contest for this year.  An ice fishing contest is through the ice.  This is the ice fishing smack down thread.  I promise to come and get you when the Swedish bikini team shows up next time.   :toast:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
                                   to smooth things over.

Bobby's fiction skills must be wearing off on Lee.  Tight quarters under that rock i guess.  The arrival of me and DDS would be the biggest thing to ever hit that joint.   

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sort of a roving beer beeeeaaaach, bait beeeaaaach, hole cleaner beeeeaaaach, unload the truck beeeeeaaaaach.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Fixed that for ya Fawk ;D

Very nice. Hey you could be my little post fixin' beeeeeeaaaach, Herr General.   ;D
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
What is all this squacking about the contest ending too late...None from the WalleyeMasters... :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:  When we show a bigger Walleye upgrade in 2 weeks it will be a pale green color and those only come from one Lake. :king:   MARCH is the best time to icefish hands down!!!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:  Must be some  :cry: babys that havent done well in the Challenge...

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Rumor has it that Fawk was born on da beeeeaaaach in Italy and that's why day call him "Son a da beeeeaaaach". :doah:

Now, you take greatoutdoors. He was born in Ely but, they still call him "Son a da beeeeaaaach" :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/07/12, 09:27:43 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
What is all this squacking about the contest ending too late...None from the WalleyeMasters... :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:  When we show a bigger Walleye upgrade in 2 weeks it will be a pale green color and those only come from one Lake. :king:   MARCH is the best time to icefish hands down!!!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:  Must be some  :cry: babys that havent done well in the Challenge...

Contest ends April 1st Corny.  Good luck on that greenback. We will be hoisting a LOW pike to first place soon.  80" or bust for team Ice Toad Pluckers.

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
So...DDS, when we leave'n ? i wss planing a trip up to orr the end of the month but i'd do lotw's instead !
On a quite nite up north you can almost here the deer laughing

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

:reporter;   Do you want to win The Ice Challenge or not?

Forget about the season being closed on those pike and eyes. Forget about feeling the pressure of the challenge ending soon. I can guarantee victory for your team. Up until now I haven't shared some of the unknown secrets that hold the key to victory for you and your team mates.

At this particular time I am willing to reveal one of the many untapped fishing recourses I've discovered over the years. This body of water that I am willing to divulge to you lies right here in MN. The quality of the perch fishing here is beyond your wildest imagination. One perch will put your team over the top!

Sure, I know right about now your saying to yourself "this guys full of  :bs:  "  Well, hold on to your :censored:  because I can back up everything I've said with photographic proof. I am willing to share the information with a limited few MNO members.
 I'm about to make you an offer that you can't refuse. :blues brothers:

For the nominal fee of $29.95. Yes! that's right Only $29.95. I will send you a copy of the map of my secret lake. But wait, :doah: that's no all. For the first ten folks to order I will also include the actual location of said lake. I'm still not done yet! If for any reason your not satisfied I will refund half your money with no questions asked.

You can place order right here on this thread or if your to embarrassed just send me a PM. Oh no, I didn't forget the proof in regard to the quality of those perch. As you can see below here I've posted a photo taken yesterday by a few of my family members on my secret lake.

Click on photo for full impact
« Last Edit: March 03/08/12, 10:05:27 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
So...DDS, when we leave'n ? i wss planing a trip up to orr the end of the month but i'd do lotw's instead !

My last and only chance to go  is March 15-17th.  I think the mouth of the Warroad river will be the destination.  I may be camping out in the flip over.

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dear DDS. My check is in the mail!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
Dear DDS. My check is in the mail!

It's a cheap trip.  You just have to sleep in the bivouak and live off of baby seal meat.   Nothing better. :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
how often does the leader board get updated?????? :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  Team fins and scales makes a late season jump. :Clap:    Leader board updated.