Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: GLENWOOD  (Read 1628 times)

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
 Fish On Bait & Sport, Kyle, 201 S Franklin St, 2 blocks south of stoplights in Glenwood, www.habitatnow.com (320-634-3667)
  Weather again was perfect and there were a lot of people on the lake.  Minnewaska still have a good 9 to 10 inches of ice and the ice is in great condition.  There seems to be a lot of hype and concern of the ice around the state and that may be true on other lakes...but Minnewaska is a shallow prairie lake and the ice is thick and hard.  There are several "big" houses on the ice (up to 3,000 lbs.) and we moved another 8x16 out yesterday.  Even seen one brave soul out with his S10 truck...but we all agreed that he was nuts.  Walleyes are still being caught in the 14 to 16 foot depth.  Our best luck has been on a #6 Glow Rock and Roll with a big fathead...however last night the big fish, a 21 inch walleye, was caught on a shiner with a Moon Glo.  Just gotta try everything I guess.  The crappie bite is definitely on...there must have been 50 or 60 people out from the DNR wall on Saturday.  Nice Sunfish can be caught early with Crappies starting later in the day.  A lot of fun!  A favorite is our really small crappie minnows.  Wigglers and waxworms are always good as well.  Fish On will have a good inventory of crappie minnows, fatheads, shiners, suckers, spearing decoys, waxies, wigglers and much more.  Stop in to see the newly remodeled store and latest fishing updates.  We are located two blocks south of the stop lights.  Pope County also has a lot of public land for anyone to come out and chase some roosters...pheasants everywhere!  Stop by and say Hi!
Ice is great...come out for the weekend...bring the family!
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
I was on waska friday night after some eyes. Right out in front of the beach. No keepers were caught but there was about 12" of ice where we were at. A guy in a 2 wheel drive ranger was driving out there. Fact he drove right by my house going about 50 MPH. Poor fool slowed down when he got to shore ended up getting stuck in the beach sand. ;D I thought of helping get him out but instead was wishing he wouldda got stuck in a spearhole.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson