Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: A hunting / fishing license increase : whats your thought?  (Read 2743 times)

Offline MN RACK ATTACK

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
There is talk of license price increases. What is your thought on how much to increase them? How often should they increase them? Should non-residents pay more? My opinion is that we are probably due for one. I think if they set in place something like a $1 increase every 4-5 years. Whats your thought?
2020 Big Buck Slayer

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I know many say don't raise the cost of a license however, I think it's a small price to pay for a years enjoyment.  Heck, it costs $30 for a one day kids entry to the rides at the Mall of America.  Compare that to a full year of outdoor fishing, hunting etc.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Story I read today was the DNR are talking about an increase from 17.00 to 24.00 for a license. That might be a little steep of an increase at one time. I do agree, the license is a good value. Also a 90 day license which I am willing to bet will attract a lot of the warm water fishermen.
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline proangler16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I don't mind an increase but as long as all the funds stay with the DNR and not some arts in the park deal.  Also, they should adjust and increase all of our non-resident fee similar to other states non-resident's which are pretty high along with lotteries too for our resources.   :whistling:
"Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend." ~Zenna Schaffer

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
i guess it depends on their reason for raising the fees and where they plan to apply the extra funds. if they're just going to give each other a raise and then wimper about how hard their work is.. i'm against it. personally i would like to see more conservation officers out there and less money into sustaining fish populations in lakes that cannot sustain the specific stocked species.
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I agree with beeker, more and more visible CO's and less trying to make silk purses from sows ears.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
We just had a c o  at a meeting a week ago and he was saying by 2013  the state fund for co. will be broke and he also said that they havent had a cost of living increase or raise in a bunch of years. And they are short something like 20 c.o.  in the state.  Now last week reading in a paper  they are having check points for boats this summer and if they feel your boat is contminated  you have to report to a wash bay and have it washed.  It also stated  it was going to create jobs and I think it went on to say they went and bought a bunch of new power washers?????????????????   Well  where did that money come from for these jobs and washers,  I understand that you will be fined when you have a infested boat and they wash it,but how long does that take for the money to turn around by the time you get the ticket, pay for it , anddthey put it in a fund.  And how much are they paying for there office in st .paul.  I have no problem with license increase as long as it stays with the game and fish funds.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
like everyone's said, i dont have an issue with a small increase as long as it stays with the DNR. AND  they should raise the non resident licenses accordingly!!!

and as long as i'm at it, they should also reinstate shelter licenses to any and all fishhouses that set up on a lake!
« Last Edit: January 01/16/12, 11:35:56 AM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 Oh oh  opening a can worms on a monday huh glenn ;)

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Hey..what is this non-res.  Stuff.. :cry:  Just because ND and SD &#$@$s. MN residents..doesnt mean u have to get back at us, by changing Your cheap non res licenses.  BTW in the 50 some years I have hunted and fished in Mn, I have never been stopped by a CO.  U do need more!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh oh  opening a can worms on a monday huh glenn ;)
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: nope! its just the DNR is whining about no money, so why not require shelter licenses?? i buy 2 every year regardless if i leave them overnite or not!.....................and ME start trouble.....not a chance!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :woot: :woot: :woot: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :drinking:

Offline mncowboy

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Sen. Denny McNamara of Hastings is part of the committee looking to raise the lic. Fees for hunting and fishing in MN. I do understand that there has to be a fee hike now and then to keep up the times. I also would like to keep the price hikes to a minimum. I proposed this to the Senator to try to kill two birds with one stone. I call it “The Right” stamp. And what it is is a way for the state to make some money for the Dnr and also end the debate about using scopes during muzzle loader season and crossbows during archery season for people with no handicaps that would allow them to use otherwise. And how it works is you buy your archery tag for the season and if you wanted to hunt with a crossbow during the archery season you would buy  “The Right” stamp endorsement to use a crossbow during that calendar year. Same goes with the muzzle loader season. You want to use a scope buy the endorsement to use the scope. The fee would be small, I suggested a $3.00 to $5.00 fee. If you didn’t want to use a crossbow and or a muzzle loader scope during your seasons you would have nothing more than you ordinary lic to buy. But it gives people who would like to a chance. We all ready have similar stamps in place here in Minnesota. Examples are the Pheasant stamp, Trout stamp and the state duck stamp. Also the state would collect sales tax off of sales of hunting related items.  If you would like to see something like this put in place please contact the Senator and have them put it on a bill for this year.
Also if you would like to see the letter I sent to Senator McNamara please p.m. me  with your email address and I will forward the letter I sent him.
Senator Denny McNamara’s info is
Email  rep.denny.mcnamara@house.mn
Phone 651-296-3135

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Don't mind an increase in license fees. Don't mind keeping our non-resident fees reasonable (I'm always upset with how Wisconsin gouges non-residents). And agree that more CO's would be a good thing.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline lentz

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't mind an increase in license fees. Don't mind keeping our non-resident fees reasonable (I'm always upset with how Wisconsin gouges non-residents). And agree that more CO's would be a good thing.

They don't gouge me yet but they will when I turn 18

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I say take your fee increases ...........and something about the sun shine.  There is so much waste it isn't funny.  Just a few years ago most of you were drinking the legacy kool-aid and then there was the lottery.  When will people learn that giving the government more money never works.  Just my 2 cents
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
I say take your fee increases ...........and something about the sun shine.  There is so much waste it isn't funny.  Just a few years ago most of you were drinking the legacy kool-aid and then there was the lottery.  When will people learn that giving the government more money never works.  Just my 2 cents

Not only do we agree, I could not have said it better.   :doah:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
slow down a second.. don't dump me in that legacy crowd.. I aint fer it then, and I aint fer it now..

If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
ya know general, ya gotta point there....................about giving the govenment more cash!!!! i may have to rebutt my previos post!!! :moon: :moon: :whistling: :coffee: :coffee:

but without starting a war of words here, i still in favor of the legacy thing!