Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Webcams await bear's birth  (Read 2802 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline CampYJewel

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for posting!  Now I have something fun to do at work today!!

Offline jkcmj

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Yup...2 new cubs...another season of human habituated and fed bears.  :scratch: Another rallying point for the anti-hunting crowds... :banghead:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Yup...2 new cubs...another season of human habituated and fed bears.  :scratch: Another rallying point for the anti-hunting crowds... :banghead:
got that right!!!!!! :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :taz: :taz:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: January 01/27/12, 05:15:37 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline jkcmj

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I posted a link on the Lily page, not controversial in the least, simply a story about the chinese media talking about bears crying over their dead leader...They pulled my post off the site, and sent me an explanation...thought I'd share it with you so you could see another side of what these people are promoting. Now for perspective, she is talking about a nicely posed photo of me sitting behind my deer harvested this last season. It is the very small profile pic that accompanies any post you make on FB. They occasionaly post photos of dead animals in their updates, such as one of them sitting on top a half eaten bloody deer carcass, another of a vole killed by a mink and left on a branch, etc. so their claim of not allowing "dead animals" on the site are rediculous. They also display at least a dozen "dead" taxidery subjects in the bear center.

January 12
Lily Mod-Anna

We appreciate your interest in Lily the Black Bear. We read with interest your link about the Chinese Bears and agree that it is not likely true. Since this is a family friendly page, we have been asked to not have photos of dead animals on the page, even in profile pics so your post was removed. We are happy for you to be posting on the page, just not with that photo.
Thank you for understanding.

Anna

January 12
James

Anna, I am greatly upset with the fact that WRI has set guidlines on the FB site with such incredible anti-hunting bias.
My post was entertaining and certainly not inflamitory in any way. I know Lynn and Sue well, and have had their assurance that they support hunting. Of course, nothing is more "family Friendly" than a family based activity like hunting.
If this is truly where they stand, then it most certainly gives me pause on the support I have given them in the past. I stood up for Lynn when he was charged with hunter harrassment in the Kevin Nathan case, I have insisted that none of my hunting party shoots the collared bears while we hunt the area, and have spoken with many other hunters in the area, to encourage their cooperation as well. I can't even begin to tell you how upset this little slight has made me.
 Again, I do not blame you personally, as I am sure this is in line with the rules set forth by Lynn and Sue. I assure you my dissapointment is with WRI, not with you personally. Thank you for letting me know where, I, and hunters in general stand with the site.

James

January 13
Lily Mod-Anna

Dear James,

I’ve given a lot of thought to the message I sent you yesterday. Profile photos are personal. They represent a person and are often chosen carefully. You are rightfully sensitive about being told how you can represent yourself.
First let me assure you that an overriding piece of guidance we (the mods) have been given by Dr. Rogers and Sue is that this page is NOT anti-hunting. We are to allow opinions from all groups so long as they are expressed respectfully.
In general, we have found hunters to be sensitive to the feelings of others and no longer display dead animals in public. Displaying one on your personal Facebook page is not an issue, but displaying one on a public Facebook page isn’t much different than displaying it on the hood of your car.It's 'in your face' and many find it offensive. We have even found that some people who support hunting are offended.
Lily's page is not a hunting page or an anti-hunting page. Many fans do not understand or like hunting—but WRI has never been shy about their support of hunting and the need for hunting to manage wildlife populations.
We can support hunting without promoting it. Hunting is not what we're about. We are about education and research.
We hope there is a photo you would be happy to use as your profile picture that does not include a dead animal. We would welcome your posts.

Anna

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
         Updated Video - Jewel the Black Bear - Little Cubby  :popcorn:

« Last Edit: February 02/22/12, 09:32:50 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports