Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Nascar  (Read 2974 times)

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
Anybody follow racing?  I would watch the races from time to time, but I never really followed it. I got into a nascar fantasy league this year and it's been interesting. It's a great way to learn about the divers, tracks, cars, etc.
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club
Joe,

I am an Avid NASCAR fan. We have been to Michigan a couple years ago and Chicagoland the past 2 years. Nothing like seeing a NASCAR race in person. TV does a good job, but there is so much more to the experience when you are actually there.

Outdoors_Realtree
The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Who's your favorite Driver(s)?
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
i don't have a favorite driver, but i can tell you i was tickled silly to see the number twenty four car spun out. then to watch him throw a tough guy hissy fit with his helmet on ::)
i seen him do the same thing several times. he finaly took the number 1 car out for good.
not the same when it happens to him though.
i know it's a sport for swapping paint, but if you can dish it out, be prepared to take it.
i like the wrecks, just not when someone gets seriously hurt.
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
This might not really apply to the racing of the sport.

A friend of mine while out on vacation once went to this race track while they were not racing. For a fee (i forget how much) he got strapped into a passenger seat and got taken for a 5 lap spin around the track.

The first corner he could feel the g-froce but could tell the driver was taking it easy. After the first corner the driver looked at him, my buddy gave him the double thumbs up. The driver then put the hammer down. I guess it was quite the rush and imagine it would be. Someday I might have to try that myself.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
I really don't have a favorite. I'm just rooting for the drivers I picked in my fantasy league. If I had to pick one it would be Carl Edwards.
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline Brandon_Collins

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Jiggle he is no different then Tony Stewart they are both little babies who can spin out other people and think nothin is wrong but once it happens to them they cry about it. I am not going to lie they are both excellent drivers though

Brandon
MNO Preffered Sponsors
http://jrstackle.com
http://marcumtech.com Fishing electronics