Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: New to MNO? Please introduce yourself  (Read 377533 times)

Offline Pegg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Lots of help on here. From many great gals and guys. :toast:
If today was perfect. There would be no need for tomorrow.

Offline Gman

• Minnow
Hi,
My name is Harry Marsh and I have been a hunter and a fisherman all my life.  Turned 70 this year and am slowing down due to age and a really bad auto accident 21 years ago.  I am mobility impaired but am still doing as much as I can.  I reside in Pensacola, Florida and will celebrate 50 years of marriage next march the 8th with my beautiful wife.  Hope you all can put up with this good ole boy from down south! :taz:

Harry
Harry

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
Welcome Harry.

I am sure you will enjoy the site, and also you will probably enjoy the stories we will all tell from our fishing and hunting experiences in the midwest and abroad!

Heck of a nice buck you got there in your avatar! Are you sure that's a FL deer?   ;)
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
 :bump:

Welcome to all the new members!  ::welcome::

Introduce yourselves & share a little about yourself and your outdoors interests.   :happy1:
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Big Buck Buster

• Outdoorsman
Hi everyone,

Robert here, age 34 from central Minnesota.  Live for the outdoors:  Hunt, fish(both seasons),camp, scuba dive: recreational and search/recovery.  About anything that would keep me out of the house and off this computer :whistling:, I will be doing.   Enjoy building and selling crank up fish houses.

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome to MNOutdoorsman.com!  ::welcome::
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Glad you found us!

::welcome:: ::welcome:: ::welcome::

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline kayakgal

• Outdoorsman
Hi Everyone, I'm Janelle and I'm a newbie. Found my way through Outdoorsman388 and have decided to get involved in this website.

Few things about me. I love the outdoors in the spring, summer, and fall however I'm not much for freezing in the winter. (although a heated fish house works) I love to fish, boat, hike, camp, BBQ, 4 wheel, attend bon fires and of course, kayak too. I've never tried white water rafting but would like to give it if the opportunity ever comes up. I guess you could say anything related to water, sun, and fun is in my book.

I plan on checking the fishing reports quite a bit and hopefully I'll find some good tips, good locations, and possibly some friends along the way.

Good luck on opener:fishing2:,
Janelle

To fish is human, to throw back is divine.

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Glad you found us! Hope you enjoy the site!
 ::welcome:: ::welcome:: ::welcome:: ::welcome::

randy
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline Retired on Osakis

• Master Outdoorsman
Hello everyone! Real name is Tim. Recognize some of the names on here from other sites. I'm an old guy, 62. Been retired for a few years. As you may have figured out my location is Lake Osakis. Been on 8 or 9 other sites over the last several years, some good, some not so good. This one looks like a definite keeper. I am using the same name so some of you may have read some of my posts. I think I will enjoy it here. If anyone is interested, the ice hasn't started forming on the lake yet, shouldn't be long now. I'll keep you posted.  ;D

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
 ::welcome:: ::welcome::

Osakis is a very beautiful lake, been there a few times - also been to downtown for the shopping!  Great to see you on the site, and welcome to MNO :happy1: We look forward to hearing from you!!!!  As always, if you ever need anything, never hesitate to ask   :dancinred:

:toast:

Offline lhprop1

• Outdoorsman
This is a nice forum you got here.  I found it while looking for info about this year's Eelpout Festival. 

My name's Ben.  I live in the cities and hate it.  I love fishing for big stuff like muskies, sturgeon, flatheads, etc, but I don't mind if occasional walleye jumps on my hook either.  I also love ice fishing.  In fact, I probably love ice fishing more than any other outdoor activity.  As of now, it's only 65 days and about 21 hours until the ice first feels my weight. 

I also like waterfowl hunting, coon hunting, deer hunting, rugby, and lifting very heavy stuff. 
Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous.  So are cowardice and intelligence.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Welcome, and what part of the cities?  I'm in the west metro.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline lhprop1

• Outdoorsman
Welcome, and what part of the cities?  I'm in the west metro.

Eagan
Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous.  So are cowardice and intelligence.

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
 ::welcome:: ::welcome::

Welcome to MNO, good to see you here - cant wait for some hard water fishing!
« Last Edit: November 11/19/10, 09:00:36 PM by MTCOMMER »

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
 ::welcome:: to all the new members.  Looking forward to hearing from you all. :happy1:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline AJDodgerf

• Outdoorsman
Hello,  

Name is Adam, I live in Western Wisconsin, so I will try to type slow for all the Minnesotans out there.  :sorry:  After 8 years in the Army, I decided to get a degree in Criminal Justice.  Now I supervise a small security team for the same company that Tim "works" for.  I try to hunt/fish for just about anything that has a season here in Wisconsin.  I am 34 years old and have been  married for over 12 years now, I have two boys Adam Junior (5)and Hunter (4)....MNO made me come to this site a couple of years ago and I enjoy reading all the great information that is shared here.
« Last Edit: December 12/05/10, 09:06:25 AM by AJDodgerf »
In God we trust
2012 Deer Hunting Team Champion

Offline crappie castle

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Little Whitefish Resort
    • Little Whitefish Resort
My name is Greg Tabor I am 53 years old and own Little Whitefish Resort, Ive been married for 23 years to my wife Deb, and Have a 22 year old son(jim) and a 21 Yar old daughter(katie). I love hunting and fishing, and soon to have a future daughter in law4-09-11.(holly).I love talking to all are customers summer and winter. I go by crappie castle..I am from baudette mn. and moved when I got out of school. But always missed the resort life so we bought 7 years ago,starting our 8th march 26th.
Little Whitefish Resort
18987 460th Street
Garrison, MN 56450
1-888-692-4531
e-mail: stay@littlewhitefish.com
www.littlewhitefish.com

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Hello, 

Name is Adam, I live in Western Wisconsin, so I will try to type slow for all the Minnesotans out there.  :sorry:  After 8 years in the Army, I decided to get a degree in Criminal Justice.  Now I supervise a small security team for the same company that Tim "works" for.  I try to hunt/fish for just about anything that has a season here in Wisconsin.  I am 34 years old and have been  married for over 12 years now....Tim made me come to this site a couple of years ago and I thouroughly enjoy reading all the great information that is shared here.

You are right... I made you!  ;)  Glad you're here.

Offline slystuff

• Outdoorsman
 :newhere:

Hello all i'm new here looks like 6h 20 m old lol.
 Well my name is Steve i go by slystuff on here because ii just finished reading an article on fox trapping on another site and that's what popped into my head at that moment.
 I used to be on fire for hunting and fishing then I got married but that didn't change much as she was into it too; then we lost about 5 babies (long story 4 another time) and decided to try foster care/ addopt.We did foster care for a sibling group of 5 from 6-13 yrs. and after 2 years we were able to addopt them and a few months before that we had baby # 1 which yeah that made 6then a yr and a half later # 7 came along and amazingly 12 monthes later my beautiful litle boy Micah john James came along  :cry: sorry emotional anyway he came 3 weeks early on oct 13th 2010 but is healthy thank GOD! Work has been off and on  mostly off so money is very tight in my house, and unfortunatly hunting and fishing don't come first anymore; If i want to buy things and believe me I do i have to pinch and save and hide money no more just going window shopping seeing something I like and taking it home with me(paid for of course) so yes I stay at home a whole bunch and I'd only be kidding myself if I said that I'd trade it for anything.
  The big problem that I have is that  grew up hunting and fishing and love it but the way I was taught I think has something to do with how I teach my kids a total lack of patience on my part so i will no doubt  be looking to you guys and gals for insight in the future as my girls and guys want to hunt and 3 of them are of age and one will be soon;and i for whatever reason haven't made it work for them yet and I feel so horrible for it....ok my story here is blipping back and forth and i can't see the bottem of it any more so it must be too long;and my two fingers are getting tired anyway so -so long for now
IN CHRIST ALONE!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Welcome to the site.  Maybe talking with the folks here will get you back into fishing and hunting.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline slystuff

• Outdoorsman
I apoligize;I still fish and hunt just on a smaller scale still love both just have a young beautiful wife and a young family I go to work for a break lol And I get away with going most of the time when it dosn't cost too much..lol yep whipped I am.
IN CHRIST ALONE!!!

Offline cnelson824

• Outdoorsman
Hi, My name is Chris and live in Wahpeton, ND. I fish mostly the hard water (not much for the motion of the ocean) so that is where most of my winter time is spent. Hoping to learn alot form this site and meeting a bunch of fellow hard water lovers.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
 ::welcome:: ::welcome::  You came to the right place.
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline kcarder

• Outdoorsman
Well I have resisted because I hate doing the introduction stuff but I suppose it is only fair that I participate.

My name is Kent.  I moved to St. Paul from Oklahoma after a divorce (Oklahoma wasn't big enough for the both of us)  :whistling:  almost 6 years ago.  I met a great girl here is St. Paul and got remarried last September.  I have been a hunter and fisherman since I can remember.  Since my introduction to ice fishing, 5 years ago, I now think that I would rather ice fish than open water fish.  As far as hunting goes I prefer upland birds to anything but I also deer hunt some.  I have three Gordon Setters that I hunt with so that pretty much occupies my hunting time until rifle season comes.  I grew up hunting quail in Oklahoma and it is still a one of my favorite past-times when it comes to hunting.  Anytime I am not fishing or hunting you will likely find me either tinkering/building something or flying. 

I joined here because I thought that it would be a good place to gather some info on fishing in Minnesota that I haven't learned yet and to meet and have good conversations with like minded folks.
"The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad."
                                 A.K. Best

Offline greatwhitehunter3

• Outdoorsman
My name is Travis and I live in Southwest Minnesota. I am currently going to school at Southwest Minnesota State University for my bachelors degree in Ag Business. I LOVE to hunt. Been doing it since I was 4. I went through a dozen bb guns by the time I could start shooting shotguns and rifles! I hunt everything but I am an avid bow hunter as well as goose hunter. Also love to ice fish. I am in a lot of different forums and thought I would join this one and share will fellow Minnesotans!

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Welcome to MNO!  Glad you are here!   :happy1:
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline UplandObsession

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Just noticed this thread after about a week of being on here.
 My name is Isaiah, 23yrs old, currently reside in Becker/ Clearwater MN. normally live in a fish house in the winter and my truck in the summer. I have been called a gypsy plenty of times because I move around so much.  Now engaged and she put a stop to that. "I have better things to worry about." or atleast she says. Im in the Army national guard as a Cavalry Scout.
I have done alot of different things having to do with the outdoors thanks to my father, grandfather, and great grandfather from flyfishing in revelstoke BC to Dove hunting on some family land in clearwater. But never trapped anything other than pocket gophers. A random fact is I love Gary Paulsen books and hopefully be a 4th generation lumberyard owner. lol

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Glad you found us!
 ::welcome:: ::welcome:: ::welcome:: ::welcome::

randy
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
My name is Travis and I live in Southwest Minnesota. I am currently going to school at Southwest Minnesota State University for my bachelors degree in Ag Business. I LOVE to hunt. Been doing it since I was 4. I went through a dozen bb guns by the time I could start shooting shotguns and rifles! I hunt everything but I am an avid bow hunter as well as goose hunter. Also love to ice fish. I am in a lot of different forums and thought I would join this one and share will fellow Minnesotans!

::welcome::    :toast:
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.