Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: New to MNO? Please introduce yourself  (Read 363986 times)

Offline mrbuck

• Minnow
live in minneapolis love deerhunting going bowhunting tomorrow to end the season-been a tough year without any snow but always great just 2 get out in our great state with all our wildlife management areas 4 those of us with out any land 2 hunt, great site guys glad to be aboard.

Offline titus

if you get one of those You will have no time for fishin
Catfisher wannabe

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
welcome mrbuck and titus.
glad to have you around.
let us know if there is anyway we can help you.
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline michigander1953

Thank you outdoor_junkie for the good coment on my buck. It was over in a matter of 3 minnutes but one of the best 3 minn of my life. I got him right behind the house about 300 yards. I would say he was about a 4 1/2 to 5 year old deer. He weighed in at 200 pounds. So thanks again for the coment and nice meeting you. Hope we can hook up sometime to drown a worm or bust a cap or snap a string. lol

Â                                     Michigander1953

Offline redneck rambo

• Outdoorsman
Great site guys!

I am 45 , live in Chaska, grew up in Baudette where my parents owned a resort on LOW, where I guided for years . I probably caught more walleyes  growing up than most guys dream about catching their entire life. I still love to fish for anything that swims.   I will hunt most anything that breathes with gun or bow.  I absolutely love the outdoors and any excuse to be in pursuit of something outdoors works for me.   I own my own business now, so I don't get away as much but, get out a lot with my bow near home.   I am married to a beautiful and completely (most days) understanding wife.  I have two sons, 13 & 16 they both hunt and fish, they older one seems a bit more interested in the" two legged" does these days, who can blame him? He's 16! My 13 year old is my outdoor bud and we spend lot's of time pursuing fish and game.  I love to play cribbage, even while fishing!  My friends all think I'm a bit "twisted" and I say thanks for the compliment! Anyone can be normal, It takes an extra effort to be "weird or twisted!" Life it short so enjoy and spend as much time as you can Outdoors, and Indoors only if it's an icehouse, bow or gun range or Cabala's!   When I am stuck indoors I usually read about the outdoors, usually with a Capt- n- Coke.
 Don't get me wrong I love beer but it fills me up and is hard on my figure! :)  Best of luck to all of you in your pursuits, both indoors and out!   Monday morning, If you stuck at work and want to be outdoors, just think "Faw' Kinn' Ae' it's only 5 more days to the weekend!
That's gonna leave a mark!

Offline bambambiggero

• Outdoorsman
Greetings everyone...
Name is Terry Ohlgren (biggero) and teach at a small school west of Alexandria, MN.  Have a lovely wife Shelley (#2) and 2 wonderful daughters 16 and 12. 
Grew up in rural MN and love the outdoors hunting, fishing, and golf.
This is a great site and a bunch of good fellows on it.
Met Dan Brown the other day and what a fantastic individual, if you ever want to take up flyfishing, he would be the gent to spend the afternoon learning that darn fly pole with.

I have and cherish 2 hunting dogs; Mo (Black Lab) and Zin (Wirehair Pointer) who are great buds to spend outdoors in hot pursiut of ringnecks.
My gravestone will not say " I wish I would have worked more..."

Offline laker

• Outdoorsman
Hi everyone. I'm a new member here. It was enjoyable reading all the intro's. I'm 51 and enjoy fishing and hunting. It consumes much of my time. I have my roots in southern MN farm country, but reside on a lake near Walker most of the year.

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
welcome laker!
I live north of grand rapids and I make it to walker, well, not as often as I used to, but I still go there a few times a winter.
I will be going there tuesday to pick up my son so I will be looking for a spot to snag some walleyes on walker bay. maybe I can get out from shingobee island.

I look forward to some fresh reports from time to time.
dont forget to send us some pictures too! we love pictures :)

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline KSW

• Outdoorsman
Thought I'd say Hi. 

I'm Kory.  I live in the southwest metro.  Grew up here, went to college in Winona, then joined the Army.  After 7 years in the Army, I moved back to this area, with my wife and son.  My 4 year old son is my fishing buddy, we have a small, but nice boat, that lets us catch all the pan fish we need.  I muzzleloader hunt for deer, and rifle hunt whenever possible. 

I'm a gun fanatic, but that's not a bad thing! ;)

ETA:  Forgot to mention, I also enjoy Pheasant hunting and Squirel hunting every chance I get.  And just last year started ice fishing (I'll stick with it, but I'm still a total newbie).
« Last Edit: January 01/01/07, 05:25:40 PM by KSW »

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Welcome to the MNO Kory!  We are glad to have you.  I lived in Winona until 1998 (finished college).  I have a couple of young Fishing/hunting buddies myself.  We have had a lot of new members lately.  How did you find the site?
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Bruno24

• Outdoorsman
Hello all - Steve (26) & live in Shakopee with my wife, Kelly.  She is in training, but it is going well.  We are going ice fishing on Leech for our 1 year anniversary!

I pheasant hunt every weekend of the season with my German Shorthair (Duke) & deer camp up around Mille Lacs is my favorite time of year.  I also love to turkey hunt and go duck hunting a couple times per year.  Love to shoot HP rifles.  My old man used to fish some pro walleye tournaments and I got the outdoors itch from him. 

Love the site.

Bruno24

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome to MNO Steve and Kory

I think you will like what you find here.

P.S. Kory it's nice to see more that are avid hunters persuing game, where allot of us got our start. I love to hunt squirrels myself.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline KSW

• Outdoorsman
I lived in Winona until 1998 (finished college).

Cool, I graduated from WSU in 1997. 

I have a couple of young Fishing/hunting buddies myself.
They're great to take fishing.  It's cool to see my son get all excited wether it's a tiny perch, or a big sunfish.  He just likes fishing with his dad, and that warms my heart.  He made me promise to take him ice fishing this year.

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
now that is a promise that I'm sure will not be hard to keep ;)

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline IAhawkinMN

I am 24 and new to MN and this site.  I love to hunt deer and pheasant in Iowa but have recently moved to the Rochester area and am looking forward to doing some hunting here in MN.  I have always loved fishing up here and go annually with my dad and brother up by Otter tail.  I got married just this summer and will be moving into our new home in a few weeks and then will be getting a new hunting buddy, will be looking for a yellow lab!

Great to be here!!

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Welcome to MNO, IAhawkinMN.

Congrats to you and your wife on the new marriage too. When your looking for a new pup, I would highly recommend Ball Bluff kennels, near Grand Rapids Mn. Here is the link to there website www.ballbluff.com ask for Vickie or Chuck. Ball Bluff kennels is one of our sponsors on this site.

Good luck

« Last Edit: January 01/02/07, 08:59:21 PM by Spinach »
MNO Fishing Reports
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Welcome to MNO IAhawkinMN!  Glad you could join us here!
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
IAhawkinMN, welcome to MNoutdoorsman! :)

I am so happy for you you made the jump from Iowa to Minnesota. around here we call it the twelve step plan. you have taken the first step.

there is so much to offer here in minnesota as you know.
the fishing is outstanding, the hunting is great and I know you will be a happy guy. our pheasant hunting has it's good years and not so good. right now we are as good as we have ever been with the mild winters and favorable spring nesting periods.

feel free to cruise through the site and get to know your way around.
join in topics of interest to you and fell free to start your own.
you are in good company!
glad you could join us ;)

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline Gus

• Minnow
I am 44 yrs old and just joined the site today. Nice chat forum!

I fish a bit, but spend more time in the summer competing in barefoot waterskiing tournaments around the country. I'm sure you avid fishermen love guys like that!

My biggest passion in life is bow hunting whitetail deer. I partake in that as often as possible, which is never often enough!

I live in Scandia MN and work in downtown Minneapolis for a government defense contractor.

Offline Bufflehead

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome to MNO Gus, glad to have you join up lots of good people and things to learn and do.

Great place, I think you will like it

Tell a friend or two...more the merrier
There's plenty of room for all gods creatures...right next to my mashed potatoes

Offline Big_D

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hey, I'm Big D......Love ICE FISHING, like to fish, hunt, camp....sporting events.....

If it's outdoors, I'm involved I guess.....

Need to win the powerball so I can retire and move up north...anybody got good numbers for me?

hee hee

D
"If it ain't freezin', it ain't fishin'"

Offline old guy

Hi my name is John, I'll be 66 next month, I live in NE. MPLS. now but am an old Wisconsinite. I have hunted and shot all my life, I used to shoot 12000 to 15000 shotgun shells a year at trap & skeet plus thousands of .357, 45 auto and 44 mag. and .22 rimfire. I have owned all of the u.s. military rifles from the trapdoor 45-70 to the ar 15 except the .30-40 krag plus dozens of other rifles pistols and shotguns. I believe in large calibers and heavy bullets. Along the way I have become quite opinionated. Hi everybody

John

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
Hi my name is John, I'll be 66 next month, I live in NE. MPLS. now but am an old Wisconsinite. I have hunted and shot all my life, I used to shoot 12000 to 15000 shotgun shells a year at trap & skeet plus thousands of .357, 45 auto and 44 mag. and .22 rimfire. I have owned all of the u.s. military rifles from the trapdoor 45-70 to the ar 15 except the .30-40 krag plus dozens of other rifles pistols and shotguns. I believe in large calibers and heavy bullets. Along the way I have become quite opinionated. Hi everybody

John
Hi John! welcome to mnoutdoorsman!
"Along the way I have become quite opinionated. Hi everybody"
I like you already ;)

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline DaveO

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Welcome aboard John,
Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.

Nice to see another shooter here.

a skeeter eh?,,,,,,,ummm well  aaa,,,   j/k

hope you like our site enough to tell your Buddy's
Shut up and Shoot

Offline sunk1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • member #536
hi , i,m  Kyle . I,m 39, live in mpls . If  it wasn't for fishing i would go nuts. Love the outdoors. Want to learn to bow hunt.  I have to say this is the most friendly site I've been on .

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Welcome aboard skunk1!

You are right, this IS the most friendly site you will find.  We are all about having fun and sharing info.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Welcome to Sesame Street skunk1.
Dr Bob is right it's all about having fun and sharing.

By the way Doc, think you could spot me a couple a "C" notes till pay day :-*

I love the sharing part 8).
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I got somethin for ya ELL-LEE - but it aint "C" notes..............

;D

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
hi , i,m  Kyle . I,m 39, live in mpls . If  it wasn't for fishing i would go nuts. Love the outdoors. Want to learn to bow hunt.  I have to say this is the most friendly site I've been on .
Welcome sunk1 !!
and then these guys come right at you by calling you a skunk :laugh:
I see you only have one post. well how about making one more and putting it in the contest so you can win that Pattrick Gibbs print. signed, framed and ready to hang on your wall!!

it was our goal when we started to be the most friendly website around.
we dont have the most information (yet), but we have the best bunch of guys and gals on the web and that is what people like. that is why they come to us again and again.

bow hunting eh?
we have a few on here doing that as well.
I myself got a hell of a deal from one of my IBOT brothers on a new reflex(new to me) bow this fall. damn that thing shoots nice.
I didnt get to spend as much time in the woods as I wanted, but I got out. the closest I came to hooking up was an eight pointer at about fifty five yards.
nice broad side shot. to bad it wasnt 25 yards closer.

well dont just sit here reading this, get your but into the contest post and get your name in the hat!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Dr Bob is right it's all about having fun. :-[
Thanks anyway Doc. One of my nicknames is EEL-LEE even if Dr Bob spells it ELL-LEE.

So many new members I can't keep count anymore, but welcome to all of you.

Welcome to the neighborhood.
 The landlord is awesome.
 The tenants are friendly.
 And......The rent is cheap.

SMG/EEL-LEE
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again