Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: New to MNO? Please introduce yourself  (Read 377412 times)

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome Ken enjoy the site and have a good time.

Offline mrcoffeenerves

Hi MNO readers! I'm 28 and live in the Northfield area. I recently became a dad to beautiful little baby girl, and I'm married to a lovely lady who is soon to become a chiropractor. That works in my favor since by day I'm a carpenter, and my back needs lots of fixing :) My wife bought me my first gun for my birthday this year and I've enjoyed every time I've had a chance to be in the great outdoors with it! Thanks for the website guys!

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Welcome.  Glad you're here.  So what kind of gun did you get? 

Oh and congrats on the baby.
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
welcome to MNO! congrats on the baby! and
the gun. great bunch of people here.

randy aka bh
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline mnfisherguy

• Outdoorsman
  • Im into hunting, fishing, cooking, and my horse ..
Hey all IM 36 live in St. Paul and new to this site and thought Id give a howdy out there. I hunt fish camp and love to cook up a storm.. IM also on Anglersinsider.com .. So see ing how this site works as well. ALways looking to get good info and give what I know..
If you say or react to something when frustrated or angry it will inevitably end in distaster !!

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Welcome to MNO mnfisherguy!   ::welcome::  Glad you could join us here!  Any luck hunting this fall?  What kinds of things do you like to cook?
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
 ::dito  mnfisherguy! check out the bbq shack
forum and share some recipes! i live in st paul
also. have fun here!

randy aka bh
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline mnfisherguy

• Outdoorsman
Thanks guys. Yeah I got  a small 6 point with inside spread only 8" or so. But I got a buck in my head Im happy as it is only my second deer since Ive been hunting only 8 season or so and have had to change public land a few times to find my spot that wasnt an issue with other BIg hunting parties out there running the woods.LOL
We hunt the St. Croix forest now for the past 3 yrs. and the last 2 have been great in my location of my stand. But last year the biggest blunder ever ,,, I had a doe in 15 yrs or so broadside and sniffing the ground and got my glass right in her perfect and click ,,, my safety was on , she looked at me and me her and she boogalood right on out.. I was about to puke as I had her.. I still feel the pain!! LOL..
Cooking I cook about anything and like to use cast iron . I love mexican and cuban food to cook..
I notice some other guys from anglerinsider here too. Great to see others on anohter good site..
Does anyone know where to go near the cities for slugs ? not sure if slugs in over around here yet as I tried finding the info without success. 
If you say or react to something when frustrated or angry it will inevitably end in distaster !!

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
Welcome MNfisherguy!!!  Sounds like your going to fit right in here at MNO just fine!!  I really hope you enjoy our site!!  gg

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure does sound like you'll fit in here very well mnfisherguy.Wecome and enjoy.

Offline mnfisherguy

• Outdoorsman
Thanks all. Im still working on getting around here and learning when there is a new post or reply kinda thing. Im so used to my other outdoor forum they are all so different.. So by the end of the week I should have it all figured out!! ;) WE hope!! OR there are gonna be a lot of questions LOL!!
I do like the fact that there are men and woman here.. Its refreshing to see the gals come out and get into the outdoors like us hairy hunters!! LOL

Offline btoa

• Outdoorsman
I am 28 years old live in Monticello, Mn. I have been married for 3 years and have a baby on the way. I spend most of my weekends sitting in a tree in Waumandee WI (Buffalo County) bow hunting, come to think of it I have only missed two this year and one was for duck opener and one was to go pheasant hunting. I leave for Missouri in a week to go duck hunting, a thanksgiving tradition my cousin and I have been doing now for 11 years. There is nothing better than Cambells Chucky soup in a duck blind for Thanksgiving dinner. When I return it will be right back into the woods looking for the big one.

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
welcome to MNO btoa! hope you enjoy your
stay here. lots of good reading and good
people here. congrats on the baby on the
way!

randy aka bh
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline tazmn01

• Outdoorsman
Hi
I am 50 years old. I have 5 kids, 3 who summer and winter camp,hunt and fish. As I write this my wife is slug hunting deer, I have committed to bow hunting, mostly on public land this year,first time out in 8 years. We all hunt and fish all four seasons. Will be predator hunting the first time this year. Our 8 year old has been sitting in the stand with me sort of if you know what I mean. Have made all the usual flubs bow hunting so will be hunting hard here on out. Look forward to joining in when I can.
Camp, fish, hunt hard as a family. And pray God finds you as a keeper when it is all over.

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Welcome to MNO tazmn01!  Sounds like you have a real outdoors family.  Glad you could join us here at MNO.  Where are you from?
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
ditto on the welcome tazmn01!
have fun here at MNO! lot of good people and
info.

randy aka bh
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline rosiesdad

• Minnow
Hi, Richard from Michigan. 58yrs old retired from phone co. I am about a one trick pony. Bird hunting is bout all I do outdoors these days.
I do some woodworking and really avoid cold weather outdoors. Have two grown children, two grand children.

Octobers are too far apart

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
welcome to MNO richard! lots of good reading here.
i only bow hunt,maybe have to take up fishing again!

randy aka bh
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline Julie

• Minnow
 :popcorn:

Hi, my name is Julie, I'm 43 and I live in Southern California.  I like to eat popcorn and watch movies.  I'm divorced and I have two children, ages 14 and 10. 

I'm looking for a rich man aged 45 to 60 to take care of me.   ;D

Just kidding!

I'm here because of bonehead aka randy.  I've known him quite a while from the old TSR board.  Good fella.

I'm here to learn about the outdoors - oh and I love to cook.   :chef:  Thanks for reading.  bye!   :oscar:
--My house is run, essentially, by an adopted, fully clawed cat with a mean nature.

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
welcome to MNO julie!  been a while, you gonna
start hunting? ;D some good recipes down in the
bbq shack forum, or share some!  maybe catch you
in chat sometime.
randy aka bh
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
Thought I had just posted a Big welcome to all those I have missed but don't see it so heres another  WELCOME sit rite down take off your shoes and enjoy the site.

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
you slipping there trip! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

randy aka bh
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot

Offline repomanjr

• Outdoorsman
hello my name is nathan im 13 1/2 and i hunt and fish with my dad(repoman) every chance i get i go to battle creek middle school with hopes of starting highschool at cretin durham hall next year , i play football during the summer /fall, and wrestle in the winter and baseball in the spring , (yeah , my dad keeps me busy) but other then that you will usually find me on the lake or in the feild with my pops :fudd: :fishing:
life isen't fair
sometimes your pigeon
sometimes your the statue

Offline Faceman

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Welcome to the board repomanjr. Glad to see young guys like you into the sport of hunting and fishing.
Vegetarian: Old indian word for bad hunter.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
My name is Jerry, live in watertown MN, married 15 years, 4 kids, (10,7,@ two 6 year olds) Love to hunt and fish with the kids. Only wish there was more time in the day.  I am a realtor and work part time for UPS for the health insurance.
Peace
DaKids
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
welcome to MNO dakids! plenty to read here.
share some of you storys too!

randy aka bh
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline Nute

namw is Loren  I am 55 feelin 45 and hunt and fish for everything. Lookin forward to ice - havea small piece of dirt 1 mile east of Mille Lacs. a little ice along the shore this last weekend. Married for 35 years 2 boys 31 and 32 dog a springer thats 6 named TAZ .

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
welcome to the MNO family nute! hope you
enjoy our site.

randy aka bh
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline IsItFriday

• Outdoorsman
 ;) Hi, i'm Scott(28) I live in Moorhead but on weekends and holidays I spend my time at the cabin by the smoky hills. I'm divorced and have two great kids. When I'm not working at the cabinet shop, you can find me in the woods. I'm new to this site but not to hunting and fishing. Have a great day!! :fudd:  :fishing:
Fishing and hunting besides God and my kids, nothing is better.