Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: New to MNO? Please introduce yourself  (Read 377417 times)

Offline huntingmaxima

• Outdoorsman
My name is Dave. I will be retiring in 16 days. I am 55. Just got back from a moose hunt this fall a got a 51" bull. Did well fishing last weekend but  not so well today. I live west of St cloud :blablabla:

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
welcome to MNO Dave! congrats on your upcoming
retirement. conrats on being our 2000th member!
sorry no prize for that :cry: hope you enjoy it here
and post your moose hunting story! :party3: :party3: :party3:

randy aka bh
« Last Edit: December 12/15/07, 08:52:15 PM by bonehead »
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline WestWindResort

• Outdoorsman
  • West Wind Resort on Upper Red Lake
    • West Wind Resort
Hi my name is Scott from West Wind Resort on Upper Red Lake. I am one of the lake crew that manage all of our rental houses and plow the roads. I'm on the lake just about everyday and fish whenever I can. I will be posting a weekly report of ice conditions and fishing on the Upper Red Lake forum. Hope to see some of you up here this winter!!
West Wind Resort
54719 Hwy 72 NE
Waskish, MN 56685
218-647-8998
www.westwindwaskish.com

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
welcome to MNO scott! look forward to your
reports!

randy aka bh
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club
Hi my name is Scott from West Wind Resort on Upper Red Lake. I am one of the lake crew that manage all of our rental houses and plow the roads. I'm on the lake just about everyday and fish whenever I can. I will be posting a weekly report of ice conditions and fishing on the Upper Red Lake forum. Hope to see some of you up here this winter!!

Welcome to MNO Scott !! I was just up at URL last month with Outdoors_Junkie and the Jim Moline Gang for deer camp. You guys have a great place there at West Wind Resort. I hope to make it up there again possibly in January to do some scouting and get out on the ice with OJ and Big D !! I am looking forward to reading your URL reports.  :happy1:  :fishing:
The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline OUTDOOR AUTHORITY

• Outdoorsman
OUTDOOR AUTHORITY   my name is Dave Burkholder I'm 30 years old and i run outdoor authority sleeper fish house rentals on red lake.  this is my 5th year renting houses on red lake. I'm on the lake 45 to 90 days in the winter.  65 days last year. I'm out of rogers camp ground on the south shore.
i also run youth hunts for deer and ducks for kids that don't have hunting parents.
fell free to check out our website at redlakewalleye.com n  have a great day,  Dave

p.s. if you need me you can get a hold of me call me at 763 443 5014 or Dave@redlakewalleye.com
o lord may i see the day that i catch all the one that got away

Offline Northern Grrl

• Hang on, I'll dig up a pic from somewhere....
Alright, I'll play along here...

I'm a 29 year old Minnesota gal living in the sticks about an hour north of Duluth.  I travel a lot, and don't plan to stop anytime soon.  I hunt and fish, although have had a pretty miserable year so far.  No kids here, unless you count dogs.  Got three of those trailin' me around. I'm a wildlife biologist hoping to go back to school someday soon.  I'm planning on consulting all you fellas (and ladies!) and your incredible collective knowledge to explain to me why the only deer I've gutted weren't arrowed by yours truly and the only fish I've filleted lately were given to me in a bucket.  Sigh......

REALLY need to work less I guess...anyway, nice to meet ya!

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design
What town do you live in?  I grew up in the sticks an hour north of Duluth.

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
welcome outdoor authority and grrl to the MNO family!
hope you enjoy your time here!

randy aka bh
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline tkamun

Hello, Myname is Terry. i am soon to be 42 years old in feb of 08. I have been married for 15 years, and have a son kody who is 14, and a daughter Chanel,that is 8. I love the outdoors not only fishing and hunting but snowmobiling,downhill skiing,camping,cutting firewood,4wheeling and anything else you can do outside! My little girl is my all around fishing partner and snowmobiling buddy!!!except for every spring,when my son and i go into bwcaw for a week with other fathers and sons!!! in which my daughter is very jealous of !!!!!!! I dont have a picture to post right now but soon as my new fish house arrives and i display our catch , i will post it  YOUR NEW FRIEND,Terry from EVELETH MN

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
welcome to MNO terry! plenty of good people
and good info here! look forward to seeing your
pics!

randy aka bh
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline johnturner9

24 male just moved to Rochester,mn from TN about 4 months ago. joined to get some information on hunting in southern mn and read up on some dog training as I am looking to train my first hunting dog next spring. really hope to get involved in hunting here in MN as much as I was in TN as that was my life while I was a student in Cleveland, TN.

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
welcome to the MNO family john turner, nice
country in TN. we used to go there every spring
for a few years. have fun here!

randy aka bh
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline MnMike

• Outdoorsman
here goes, just joined. I have been a part of other chat forums and glad for a switch. I'm 32 and live in Fargo, i grew up in Bigfork Mn and tried to either fish or hunt 365 days a year. I spent the last year living in Parker Co. for work and loved the outdoors there, but nothing beats northern mn. Glad to be back in the general area, looking forward to a great ice fishing season, so far so good :) If anyone is looking for some spots around Bemidji i'd gladly swap you for some spots in the DL/Fargo area. I spent 5 years in Fargo for  :drinking:college so i know a lot of the well known spots but i tend to like to find the undiscovered hot spot. If anyone is looking for a fishing partner for a day let em know, i work from home and i am always looking for a reason to hit the ice.

Offline Barnacles Resort

• Outdoorsman
  • Come and have fun with us at Barnacles!
    • Barnacles Resort
Hi my name is Sheila.  My husband and I purchased Barnacles Resort (on Mille Lacs) 2 years ago. We have 2 sons and a daughter who help run the business. My husband quit 3M (after 34 years) to pursue his dream of having a resort on Mille Lacs. He loves nothing better than fishing and the outdoors. I still work at 3M as a chemist and live in White Bear. I commute up north on the weekends to help out but more often than not to just have a good time. There's nothing like getting out of the city on the weekends!
Barnacles Resort
36569 State Highway 18
Aitkin, MN 56431
218-678-3122
www.barnaclesresort.com
E-mail: info@barnaclesresort.com
Ice Fishing/Camping/RV Park/Bar & Grill/Live Entertainment

www.barnaclesresort.com

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome to you and family Sheila. You will have the oppertunity to meet a lot of good people here that will wish you the best of fortune in the new resort busness.

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Welcome to all our new members.  I noticed about 3 in a row that i have something in common with besides hunting and fishing.

Johnturner9 - I used to live in Nashville, TN for a short time (grew up in KY.)

MnMike - I hunt up in Marcell which is just south of Big Fork.  Ive gone up to the IGA for deer processing.

And Barnacles Resort, we're neighbors as I also live in White Bear.  I admire you're husband for pursuing his dream job like that.  Hopefully one day I'll also have that in common.

Welcome and thanks for joining.
Grute  :dancinred:

If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline LooseB

• Outdoorsman
How come I did not find this sooner? Thanks to Camp Jigglestick for the link!
I live in Grand Rapids and live for hunting and fishing (work is for the money to do these things)

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
welcome to MNO looseB! glad you found us!

randy aka bh
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
How come I did not find this sooner? Thanks to Camp Jigglestick for the link!
I live in Grand Rapids and live for hunting and fishing (work is for the money to do these things)

You close to Marcell?  That's where I go every fire arms season.

Welcome to MNO.  Glad you found us. 
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline LooseB

• Outdoorsman
I drive through Marcell quite often for work and recreation. I know the area pretty well.
 :happy1:

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
welcome to mno looseb , your at home here :happy1: :party3:

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
Alright, I'll play along here...

I'm a 29 year old Minnesota gal living in the sticks about an hour north of Duluth.  I travel a lot, and don't plan to stop anytime soon.  I hunt and fish, although have had a pretty miserable year so far.  No kids here, unless you count dogs.  Got three of those trailin' me around. I'm a wildlife biologist hoping to go back to school someday soon.  I'm planning on consulting all you fellas (and ladies!) and your incredible collective knowledge to explain to me why the only deer I've gutted weren't arrowed by yours truly and the only fish I've filleted lately were given to me in a bucket.  Sigh......

REALLY need to work less I guess...anyway, nice to meet ya!
welcome to mno  :party3: :party3:

Offline Bonnie & Clydes Bar

• Outdoorsman
hello , my name is john i came here to check the site out and i really like it my stepson joe (aka repoman) showed me the site . i live in clitherall mn, i own a bar (bonnieandclydes) 1 of 2 in the little town . if your ever in clitherall come down mainstreet and stop in . 1st beer on me  :toast:  .
id be happy to post on the great fishing we have up here , being in the business im in i here it all . half of my patrons live on  the lakes around here i get good reports everyday .... hope to meet you soon  :happy1:
« Last Edit: December 12/27/07, 08:44:26 PM by bonnieandclydes bar »

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
glad you joined us john! lot of good people here including
repoman ;D
 :tequila; :tequila; :tequila; :tequila; :tequila;

randy aka bh
bonehead149@yahoo.com

• Outdoorsman
thanks bonehead, did joe (repoman) tell you all i taught him everthing he knows about the outdoors ? ;D

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
he must have forgotten to mention that.. ;D ;D

randy aka bh
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
thanks bonehead, did joe (repoman) tell you all i taught him everthing he knows about the outdoors ? ;D

hey john glad you made it  :dancinred: but as far as you teaching me (hmmmm)  :bs:   ;D

• Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: . so when you coming up joe i got the perm out on moan lk already ?

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Welcome to our site Bonnie and Clydes, great to have you here. I'm looking forward to your reports.  :drinking:  :tequila;
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"