Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: New to MNO? Please introduce yourself  (Read 377495 times)

Offline Don Stenseth

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Don Stenseth's Wildlife Photos
Welcome. A good friend of mine is from Northome. I cannot remember her maiden name but I know that her Mother still lives there. I will have to ask her her maiden name.
Don Stenseth's Wildlife Photos

www.sitekreator.com/donstenseth

Offline Searcher1970

Just joined here today. Looks like a great place to hangout :dancinred: I'm a 38 year old single dad from the Thief River Falls area. My two true passions are traditional bows and traditional muzzleloaders. Took my first deer in 1984 with my uncles 1957 Bear Kodiak and havent looked back. Currently I shoot nothing but selfbows. Thanks for having me!

Rob

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Currently I shoot nothing but selfbows. Thanks for having me!

Rob

Wow that takes a lot of skill.  I recently got a long bow but have yet to shoot it.  Im spoiled by the high tech arrow rests, sights and such.

Thanks for joining.

Don (aka Grute :dancinred:  )
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
welcome searcher! look forward to your posts.
 ::welcome:: ::welcome::

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Searcher1970

Wow that takes a lot of skill.  I recently got a long bow but have yet to shoot it.  Im spoiled by the high tech arrow rests, sights and such.

Thanks for joining.

What kind of longbow did you get? Actually selfbows aren't that hard to shoot really

Offline Navy2432

• Minnow
I am 49, 2 sons 20 & 23, married 23 (she says soon to be 24) years, live in White Bear Lake, 3 dogs, work at 3M, retired from navy. Since getting out my sons want to get into hunting so now here I am trying to learn new things at this age. We have been enjoying it though. We just had our youngest dog in trainging. can't wait to see how he works out. Looking for new friends to go hunt with & find places to go. Like I said very much a amatuer at this.
John

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Welcome to MNO!  you found the right place for great
info. look forward to your posts!
 ::welcome:: ::welcome:: ::welcome::

randy
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Thanks for posting John (Navy) quite a few of us regulars are from the east metro area, I'm in Woodbury myself.

Great to have you here.
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Navy2432

• Minnow

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake

Thanks for joining.

What kind of longbow did you get? Actually selfbows aren't that hard to shoot really

I think its a Wards.  A buddy here on MNO (KenHuntin) gave it to me as kind of a trade.

Offline MnMoose

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Howdy Folks!! My name is Mike I reside in Blaine MN I am an avid outdoorsman when my time permits!! I love fishing hunting Waterfowl Upland and Deer.
I could type for hours here but it would waste a lot of time...So if ya got any questions gimme a holler!!

Offline mnkev

Name is Kevin and I live in Duluth.  I like fishing for the sport but not the eats.  Like to hunt deers and drink beers.  Taking up bowhunting this year with my brother.  I'm shooting a Mission X3 with a 54lbs draw weight and 29" draw length, and for only shooting it for about 2 months (maybe 10 times) I can hit better with it than my bro who has been shooting his for about 5 years.  Looking forward to the season starting next weekend, but I can't wait for my 3 year old boy and 4 year old girl to get bigger so they can enjoy the thrill of the hunt.  That is where it is going to get fun.  Well that is it for about now.  Thanks for welcoming me and have hunting.
I can hit a quarter at 20, a half dollar at 30, and when it is all said and done I like to drink a 40.

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
glad you found us! welcome to MNO MnMoose and mnkev!
look forward to your posts.

randy
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline Big E

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hello everyone,
 My name is Erik and I sell cabinets, flooring and wood furniture for Edward K. Anton in Brainerd. I'm a avid outdoorsman. I hunt everything MN has to offer.....I mean everything! I believe very strongly in Buck management and read and watch everything I possibly can on it. I hope to gain some knowledge on this site and at the same time share some of mine. I may only be 25 but I've lived and breathed the outdoors for the majority of those years. :newhere:
Let the small bucks walk. Don't assume the neighbors will shoot them if you don't. If you shoot him what chance does that buck have to grow......ZERO!

Offline UncleDave

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome Big E.  post away and often.  If you need info/ideas members on here are very helpful.   :happy1:

Offline DUCKMAN

Hey, I'm Kevin I live near Rochester, MN love to hunt waterfowl,Deer, pheasants and fish local southeastern MN lakes and rivers. I am looking forward to this hunting season. Been early goosin' already broke the ice. with my first Canada goose of the year.
Just another jerk on the end of a line waiting for a jerk on the end of a line.

Offline 1rvguy

I am 52,married 30 years to the same woman who still tolerates me,have 2 grown kids,my son thinks he can out fish,,,out hunt,,,out shoot,,,out run me ( he can!).
I have hunted and fished with the same group of outlaws for 35 years,, all of them like brothers.We have a third generation deer camp near the canada border,,had to add on,a girls wing,,,complete with pink carpet.
All of us count on tradition,,
Rich :newhere:

Offline tmjhamann

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
welcome duckman and 1rvguy
Troy Hamann

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
Hello I am 30 years old,married and have 2 sons. They are 8 and 6. I enjoy hunting birds,squirrels,and ther critters but mostly my passion is deer. I also enjoy fishing but am starting to realize I am not very good at it. I just recently moved to Rush City grew up in Forest Lake. Took up bow hunting 2 years ago and though I have yet to harvest an animal I am completely hooked!

Thanks, Aaron

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Welcome to MNO!
do you hunt around rush city?  look forward to your posts!

randy
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
I can't believe all the new members all of a sudden.  THIS IS GREAT!!   :woot:

Welcome to all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   ::welcome::

Offline buckhunter63

Howdy all, my name is Steve.(buckhunter63) I'm 45 going through the big D and don't mean Dallas.
I have two kids at home with me all the time!! Oldest 15 youngest 11. Both hunt and fish, not as much as we would like to. Sports is going strong at these ages. But we manage to fill the freezer.
Already had some response to a ? on beetles for skulls, and really am thankfull for a quick response. I have been boiling for about 6 yrs. and can be time consuming. And not 6 yrs. continuously, I think you know what I mean. I saw this on craigs list and gave it a try, glad I did.
 Huntin' season is here good luck to all!!!

Buckhunter63 :fudd:

Offline chip189

• Outdoorsman
Hello, I'm 29 yr old guy with wife and 2 kids from the mille lacs lake area. My wife and I both enjoy hunting and fishing.

Offline buckhunter63

Howdy all, my name is Steve.(buckhunter63) I'm 45 going through the big D and don't mean Dallas.
I have two kids at home with me all the time!! Oldest 15 youngest 11. Both hunt and fish, not as much as we would like to. Sports is going strong at these ages. But we manage to fill the freezer.
Already had some response to a ? on beetles for skulls, and really am thankfull for a quick response. I have been boiling for about 6 yrs. and can be time consuming. And not 6 yrs. continuously, I think you know what I mean. I saw this on craigs list and gave it a try, glad I did.
 Huntin' season is here good luck to all!!!

Buckhunter63 :fudd:

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Welcome to MNO Chip and Steve! glad you found us here! what kind of hunting are you
into?

randy
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline chip189

• Outdoorsman
We mostly deer hunt. Both of us hunt bow and rifle and I also hunt muzzleloader. I'm sure we will be starting small game hunting soon as our 2yr old son is obsessed with the outdoors  ;D. Hopefully I will be able to get a short clip of him shooting his bow today on here.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Welcome to all the new members.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline b.henrichs

• Outdoorsman
  • Turkey Hunting is my thing.
im Bryan. im 30 and from Lakeville,Mn. i have a 5 yr. old daughter and i live with my girlfriend of 7 yrs. im in the process of finding a job so i can get my license back and hunt for the 1st time. i just moved down here from Andover,Mn. i just started bowhunting and i just purchased my 1st bow. 2007 Parker TrailBlazer XP i love it. i wanna go hunting but no drivers license and i dont know anyone around to go with.
« Last Edit: September 09/14/08, 11:24:45 PM by b.henrichs »

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO

Offline buckhunter63

Hey, we hunt it all. Goose, timberdoodles, pheasant, grouse, deer, wabbits  :fudd: We also take a trip out west to MONTANA for mulies in OCT. I bow, rifle , and muzzlelaod. The kids rifle hunt for deer, but the boy will start w/ the bow soon. We small game together a little, mostly the boy and I. Looking forwardb to the weekend, so I can bow hunt. WIPPIE!!!!!!!
   buckhunter63