Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: New to MNO? Please introduce yourself  (Read 377410 times)

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Hi wilsont8.  Feel free to share a bit about yourself and your outdoors interests.  What ever they are, we have a forum for it.  There are lots of very experienced hunters and fishermen here; some are pro level.  So don't be shy and enjoy yourself.

Grute   ::dancinred::
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Uplander

• Outdoorsman
A co-worker told me about this site, so I figured I'd register to be able to see all the "good" stuff!

I grew up in rural NMN (and I do mean rural) for the first 25 years of my life, so I was immersed from the start in the outdoors and all it offers - its traditions, heritage, comraderie, lifestyle, etc.  I love hunting - especially birds, thus my name, fishing, camping, target shooting/plinking, 4-wheeling (I am a certified "jeepaholic" and MV nut), well ... just about any outdoor activity, really.

Now as a "suburban city-slicker" with a family and grown-up commitments, I don't get out hunting/fishing/shooting as much as I used to - or would like to, but am trying to instill the same values and respect for/knowledge of the outdoors in my kids that I learned growing up.
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Uplander, welcome to MNO!  ::welcome::  I think it is great that you are instilling those same values in your children.  I have for kids of my own.  I don't get out as much as I used to or want to.  It won't be long and I will have the kids asking mom to let us go out hunting/fishing more.

I am glad you could join us here at MNO.  Hopefully you'll enjoy this site as much as the rest of us.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Skeeter

• Minnow
Hello my name is Nels Larsen known as Skeeter on the internet. I am 60 yrs old  sad3.gif living in Michigan.  Am retired but not by choice.  I love to fish, deer hunt and fish...   Have 4 grown up children NOT living at him. For boat gas money I sell Restore, Wonderfoam and other boat cleaning products.  Have a great day and thanks for the invite to join this great site. Nels

If any of you have a boat cleaning questions I can help you with let me know.
« Last Edit: September 09/18/07, 09:42:22 AM by Skeeter »
Contact info@mnoutdoorsman for advertising info.

Thanks

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Welcome to MNO Nels!  I am glad you could come and join us here.  We have a lot of boat owners around here.  ::welcome::
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline walleye1

Hello All,

My name is Greg Amsler. My passion is fishing!!! I invented a fishing lure 5 yrs ago that has changed my life. I fish Lake Vermillion. The big man above has blessed us with 8 acres on the lake...Oh yeah I am married... 17 yrs to this worlds most understanding woman. Sorry honey!!! Fishing truly does feed my soul. I believe in catch and release... Our grandchildren are depending on it! I have fished Northern Minnesota all of my life. I am originally from Cloquet Mn. I have lived in Stacy Mn for the last 17 yrs. I am currently looking for a couple individuals to do some October fishing on Vermillion. We will be using my lures... unless someone can come up with something that will out fish them. I do have a few beers but don't like people that drink too many! You gotta know when enough is enough!!! I think Minnesota is the most beautiful place to live. We do have a true 4 seasons and our state has a tremendous amount to offer.Fall is my favorite time of year. The fishing is awesome and the cool crisp mornings really get your blood flowing. I like the site and I think as it grows there will be some fantastic information.My strategy this fall is the same as always.... Go deep young man... 45 to 50 feet.Good Fishing to all !!! Take a picture and let um go !!!

Greg

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club
 ::welcome:: to Uplander, Skeeter and Walleye1.  We are glad that you found your way here to MNO!

We have folks from all over MN, Iowa, the Dakotas and Wisconsin (as well as transplants in other parts of the US) that love the outdoors and love to share their knowledge and experiences with others. Look around the site, stop into the chat shack anytime of the day, and if you have any questions-please feel free to contact any of our able staff and they will help to get your questions answered quickly.

Please feel free to post in any of the forums if you have anything to share, a hunting or fishing question, or just a general thought that you would like to hear others opinions on.

Again, welcome to MNOutdoorsman.com !! 

party3.gif
The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
welcome to all the newest members here at MNO!!

enjoy all the great posts and info!

randy aka bh
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline nnielsen

hi im 24 live in west concord and have a 360 acre wooded farm/huntining grounds down near lanesboro. love to hunt fish camp snowmobile anything out doors. Always looking for ice fishing buddies.

Offline Robbo17

• Outdoorsman
Robbo here.
New to the site. Came over from the other forum site.
Live i Annandale mn. Married with 2 kids. Going to celebrate my 40th birthday tomorrow.
Oh Lord am I that old. I work commercial construction in the Twin Cities. I fish for almost anything.
Currently I am setting up a Ice Fishing League in Wright County. You would not believe how many people want a Ice Fishing League. I'am getting 2 or 3 emails a day. Right now I'm looking at starting 2 or 3 division for our league. I'm going to start turning people down real soon.
Terry

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
welcome nnielsen and robbo17! happy early birthday
robbo!
check out chat too!  a lot of fun later in the eve!

randy aka bh aka bonehead
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128

::welcome:: to the MNO Family NNielsen and Robbo17 !

Happy Birthday Robbo ==>>   party3.gif   :bday:    party3.gif

Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
   ::welcome::   to all of our new friends here at MNO!!

I know you will enjoy this site as much as we do. If you have questions, there is always someone around to help find the answer. Please feel free to share some of your hunting and fishing experiences with us as well in the appropriate hunting or fishing forums. We all love to hear from our fellow outdoorsman!
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline mnscout

hey , i'm an avid outdoorsman, self proclaimed maniac, i'm the one dragging a boat in the fast lane, i get up earlier,  stay out longer  , shoot straighter, cast farther and catch bigger fish. 

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
  ::welcome:: ::welcome:: ::welcome:: ::welcome::
Welcome to MNScout, the self proclaimed maniac! :ROTFLMAO:  I sure hope that you plan on sharing some of your "stories" with us!  You sounds like you would probably hae some really great ones!!  Please enjoy yourself on MNO and if you have any questions, you should have no problem in finding someone to help you here.  Thanks for coming on board!  gg

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
welcome MNscout!
great people and a lot of info here.
check out the chat when it gets back
up.and of course check out the bbq shack
forum! get some good recipes and info there.
and share some of your own!

randy aka bonehead
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline Hunters Dad

• Minnow
My name is chris. I'm a Waterfowl hunter and also love to fish.

Hunters Dad

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Welcome to MNO Chris!  Glad you could come and join us here.  ::welcome::

Are you all set for the opener tomorrow?
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
 ::welcome:: to MNO Chris!!! We have a bunch of waterfowl hunters here on MNO, I know you will fit right in. Take a look around the site, and if there is anything you need or any questions you have, feel free to pm any staff and we will help you get those questions answered.

happy2.gif    ::welcome::
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
welcome to MNO Chris!
you will like it here.

randy aka bh
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
My name is chris. I'm a Waterfowl hunter and also love to fish.

Hunters Dad

So I am assuming that since you are a waterfowl hunter you are probably gearing up for the day ahead of you as I sit at work and type this post....... fudd.gif

Weclome to the site.....don't come back without a full report and pics!

:whistling:

;D

::welcome::

Offline Ken Z

• Her first WALTER
 ::cheers::      I Moved to Minnesota twelve years ago and got the fishing bug! Also love to sit in a stand with my bow. I have two daughters Grace (7) and Isabella (5 months). Nothing better than standing on top of hard water with a beer in one hand and a fishing pole in the other!!

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
welcome to MNO ken z!
you will get a lot of info here and we all hope
you can contribute too! i am a bow hunter too,
havent fished much for a long time. but plan on
starting again.where abouts you hunt at?
i hunt sturgeon lake area.

randy aka bh
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
 ::welcome:: ken z, lots of good people here and good info.

Offline rocklake488

• Minnow
I'm new to MN outdoors. I'm a married, 47 year old father of 2, grandfather of 6, am a partner in a small business with 20 employees. I work hard all week, head north almost every Friday at noon. I started hunting in my early thirties (raised a city boy), and have grown to love the great outdoors. I am an avid bowhunter, muzzle loader hunter, and upland game birds. I have a cabin on a small lake in the Brainerd/Gull lake area, and a small hunting lease near Leader, MN. I like the forums I have read and am glad to be a member.
It's not the story, but he who tells it.

Offline mike nathe

hi my name is mike im 45 i hunt and fish whenever and wherever possible i have a wife and two beautiful
daughters 8 and 6 i live in oak grove on 10 acres but also have a hunting cabin in southwest mn. if it wasnt for work i would hunt all week and fish on the weekends.

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
 ::welcome:: to rocklake488 and Ken Z and mike nathe.  Hey Ken, besides the archery and fishing we have another thing in common -- my youngest one's name is the same as your oldest.
« Last Edit: October 10/01/07, 07:29:00 PM by Grute Man »
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
welcome rocklake488 and mike nathe! ::welcome::
we have a lot of fun here, hope you do too!

randy aka bh
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline blackice

Well Hello! :rock:

I have lurked on this site for far too long! I usually am pretty quiet on the forums and just read but I think I found a home here at MNO. I just want to say what you all are doing here is something great and I want to come along for the ride. I enjoy reading a here alot. I think the worst thing about this site is that it os headed for success. That means two things. On one hand it means you have acomplished a lot and done the right things but on the other hand someday it will be so big that you will get lost so easily! I know there is at least one site in Mn that is like that and as much as I love all the info I find myself getting lost and not being able ot keep on top of things. Anyways, glad to be here and I will try to do some posting but I am usually pretty busy and if I am not at work I am farming and deer hunting happy2.gif

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
welcome to the club blackice!  ::dito on your
comments about MNO! i have had a lot of fun
here. met a couple of people here but hope to
meet a lot more in the future. tell your friends
about us here!

randy aka bh
bonehead149@yahoo.com