Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: New to MNO? Please introduce yourself  (Read 377434 times)

Offline Finlander

• Outdoorsman
Hi ! My name is John , AKA Finlander. I'm 47 and have been married for 27 years .  We have 2 daughters , 26 and 21, both married . We have lived in Cambridge for 11 years and have been building our next home up between Silver Bay and Finland for 4 years now . Cannot get to much done on just weekends . Not sure as to when that move will be , hopefully sooner than later. I go as much as 2-3 times a month, so I'm basically only in Cambridge to go to work . I'm a Maintenance Tech/Mechanic for RAO Mfg. in Fridley and have been with them for over 14 years .  Winter is my favorite time of year with fall pulling a close second . I hunt deer , ducks , geese pheasants and grouse . I fish any time of year but ice fishing is my favorite . I'm not as hardcore as I used to be but still get out as often as I can . Looking forward to the winter trout opener up in the woods in the next couple weeks .
« Last Edit: January 01/02/08, 07:50:47 PM by Finlander »

Offline rubbertoe

Hi.   Rubbertoe here,  I'm new to this site. I'm 57 and live to fish,But on Dec. 6th I was walking out my back door slipped and really did a job on my right ankle(2 plates 7screws) now I too am screwed,no weight bearing untill atleast Jan. 26 when they plan to take out 1 screw so I can get going again.Other than that all is well. Oh I might be getting a little cabin crazy but so far my family has been tolorant of me.  I have agreat wife that seems to like me still after 21 years and 4 kids that I don't see enough of even though 2 are still at home. I've also got 4 grandsons that keep it all interesting they're young but should make good anchor boys in a few years. I wish you all the best in 2008,good luck on the ice.Hope to see you out there soon as I can swing it. :bump:      Rubbertoe         

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
WOW.  You don't have to yell.  I hope you don't scare the new-bees away.   :rotflmao:   ;D

Just trying to make sure everyone is paying attention to ME!!!  ...otherwise I might just have to start nominating myself for things, like um somebody else around here, how else am I going to get any attention around here?   :rotflmao:  gg

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
A big welcome Rubbertoe and Finlander to the MNO!  Rubbertoe I hope your up and at em' in no time!  Enjoy the site guys!!   :dancinred: gg

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
that woke me up! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

randy aka bh
Bone, I almost missed your tiny little post!  ;D  Glad I could give you a good JOLT this morning!  Have a great day!!   :rotflmao:  gg

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
well gg, i would nominate you.... 
but just cant think of nothin.. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

randy aka bh

ps  ok the queen of chat!
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
WOW.  You don't have to yell.  I hope you don't scare the new-bees away.   :rotflmao:   ;D

Just trying to make sure everyone is paying attention to ME!!!  ...otherwise I might just have to start nominating myself for things, like um somebody else around here, how else am I going to get any attention around here?   :rotflmao:  gg

I don't think theres a chance on Earth that anyone here could NOT notice you.   :queen:

But that's a good thing.    ;D
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)

I don't think theres a chance on Earth that anyone here could NOT notice you.   :queen:

But that's a good thing.    ;D
who? little ol' me?   :rotflmao:  Thanks Grute!!  gg

Offline rushpointstore

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Serving East Central Minnesota Lakes Area
    • Rush Point Store LLC
This site has to be the best!  Hi, I am Vicky (rushpointstore), and rushpointstore2 is Larry.  We own Rush Point Store and Rush Point Realty up on West Rush Lake.  We have had the store almost 12 years now, and cater to the hunter/fisher/sportsman for the area.  We have heard our tackle prices rival some of those big chains out there (we won't mention names!), our orders come in weekly.  Bait is from our local wholesaler, always fresh and lively!  If we don't have what you want, ask. We special order liquors and jigs for our regular customers, from English specialty gins, to handpainted decoys. If you want to move to the area, I have had the most sales on area lakes for several years running now.  I am proud to have earned the trust of our local sellers and buyers. 
   We work incredibly long hours, something I bet many of you self employed can understand.  With three teenagers from college to middle school, time is speeding by with not enough leisure time to enjoy the lake we live on.  Hoping to change that to a priority soon, just ate the last fillet in the freezer last night!  In the summer, you will see us out on " the Big Mac", our ancient houseboat..probably in Little Lake, with kids diving off the roof..pull up and enjoy a libation!
RushPointStore and Realty LLC
www.rushpointstore.com
763-689-1088
Serving East and West Rush Lakes
Goose Lake and surrounding area

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Well thanks for the intro and we're glad you love this site as much as we do. 

Hope to hear reports and such from you soon.

Grute  :dancinred:

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
welcome to MNO! even though you have posted here
many times :happy1:
we used to camp at rushmore campground a lot
during the summer many years ago, always stopped
at your store.
thanks for your reports!

randy aka bh
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
yes , welcome to the mno family  :party3: :party3:

Offline Cedar Creek Outfitters

• Outdoorsman
I'm Sandi from Cedar Creek Outfitters in Pine City and have just started reporting on the fishing in our area. I am 58 and have been married for 38 years and have three grown children and four grandchildren. My husband and I go to Wyoming every fall to hunt - he hunts Muleys and I hunt Antelope - we hunt white tail here in Minnesota and fish summer and winter. We have a farm south of Pine City and raise beef cattle. We have too many dogs and too many horses. My husband is retired and I work at Cedar Creek as the bookkeeper. It's a great place to work - the customers are always happy because when they come in they are shopping or browsing for their favorite pass time - hunting  :fudd: or fishing.  :fishing: 
« Last Edit: January 01/04/08, 08:32:35 AM by Cedar Creek Outfitters »

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
thanks for the reports! and belated welcome to MNO!

randy aka bh
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Glad you joined us Sandi.  Sounds like you have a dream job there.  I hope to one day go for it and do something like that.  Keep us posted on what's new and goin on in your area.

Grute  :dancinred:

Offline WALLEYECHASER

Hi all new guy on the block here and i allready feel welcome here.Im 45 come from southeastern Mn Winona.I fish allmost daily or when ever i can find the time.I live right on the great old man river it self the mighty misissippi and fishin is the best here but love to travel and chase eye's anywhere. :toast:

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club

Welcome Sandi from Cedar Creek Outfitters and Walleyechaser to the MNO family !!  :party3:

The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline LLtaxidermy

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Welcome Sandi and Walleye chaser. Pleasure to have you in our outdoor family!!!!
Lee Ledford
Leland Ledford Taxidermy
507-990-5882

Offline smeese

Whats up~ I am Steve from Mankato. I have gotten out on Washington for some crappies and blue gill but am yet to hook a walleye this ice. Any reccommendations for southern mn lake forums?

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
Whats up~ I am Steve from Mankato. I have gotten out on Washington for some crappies and blue gill but am yet to hook a walleye this ice. Any reccommendations for southern mn lake forums?

Welcome to MNO Smeese! I sent you a PM with a link to our Southern MN Lakes & Rivers forum. Good luck on the ice!   :happy1:   :fishing:
« Last Edit: January 01/06/08, 08:21:26 AM by Outdoors_Realtree »
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline LLtaxidermy

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Welcome to MNO Smeese, good luck on the ice!!!!
Lee Ledford
Leland Ledford Taxidermy
507-990-5882

Offline fishfearme

• Outdoorsman
Hey everyone Im MIke. 36 from MPLS. When Im  not working Im at Mille Lacs fishing. I have a fish house at Barnacles if anyone else is there give a shout out. :toast:
Shut up and fish!

Offline LLtaxidermy

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Lee Ledford
Leland Ledford Taxidermy
507-990-5882

Offline trophy time

• Outdoorsman
Hi my name is Tim and I live in Pequot Lakes, MN.  I own and operate Trophy Time Taxidermy and I am glad I found this site, I think it will be a lot of fun to talk to everyone.
Trophy Time Taxidermy & Antler Reproductions
4025 Cty Rd 145
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
218-568-4856
www.trophytimetaxidermy.com
" Preserving a lifetime of memories "

Offline LLtaxidermy

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Welcome to MNO Tim, glad your here!!!!
Lee Ledford
Leland Ledford Taxidermy
507-990-5882

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
Hi my name is Tim and I live in Pequot Lakes, MN.  I own and operate Trophy Time Taxidermy and I am glad I found this site, I think it will be a lot of fun to talk to everyone.

glad you found us tim  welcome to mno  :party3:

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128

Welcome Mike & Tim, I can't wait to hear about some of your outdoors experiences...please feel free to share your knowledge and experience with us here at MNO!  ;D
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline JamieLynnMN

• Minnow
Hey all! I'm Jamie. 22 years old. New to this site. Looking for some helpful tips on fishing. I'm no expert at all lol. And possibly looking for some new friends along the way!
Thanks,
Jamie

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Welcome to MNO JamieLynnMN, you found the
right place for both! join in and have fun!

randy aka bh
bonehead149@yahoo.com