Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Final Report for 2011  (Read 1441 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
This will be my final report for the 2011 fishing season. It has been an exceptional year in the Pierre area for walleye/smallmouth/northern and catfish. Just recently a lot of salmon started showing up below the dam on Oahe and other places down river indicating numbers went thru the tubes this summer. This would also explain a poor bite for them on Oahe this year. I have been fishing on both Sharpe and Oahe whenever the weather is a go. The bite on both of them is still great and limits of walleye along with limits of smallmouth bass common on Lake Oahe. Most fish are being taken on either jig/minnow or pulling plug presentations. Around 20 to 30 fow on the big lake and around 10 fow on Sharpe. The Dam down river to the Fort George area are all good choices on Sharpe with the Cheyenne river area on Oahe excellent. A lot of big walleye (over 28 inch fish) being caught by those that are good anglers. I think next year is going to produce some real good fishing and may approach old day's action for all species. Although I am not an ice fisherman I have contacts for you for the best on the lake. If anyone is interested in ice fishing/spearing/ coyote trips along with goose/ pheasant winter trips send me an email and I will get you in touch with the outfitters doing trips. That can be a great sport and since South Dakota is one of a few states that allow walleye/Northern spear fishing thru the ice. It is a whole different experience. Pheasant hunting in the Pierre area has been good and some Geese are starting to show up so if we get a little more weather up north shooting geese will get into full swing. I would like to thank all of my customers for the business you gave me this year and hope we will all get to go again in 2012. If theres any way I can help any of you with information, planning trips etc over the winter months either call me or drop me an email. I hope my reports have been helpful and if you scroll thru the pictures of this year and last year catches it can be a great way to plan time periods you might try to get over in next year.

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch