Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: August 25th to 31st Lakes Oahe/Sharpe, Pierre SD Fishing Report  (Read 1427 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
Lake Oahe is still going strong for numbers of the smaller fish with the avg. small slot fish in most limits around 15 inch's but most stringers include plenty of over 20 inch fish for those fishing in the right depths. That is deep so don't be afraid to get out in 40 fow or more to catch fish. Sharpe is in the full late summer/fall pattern with a lot of the fish coming out of the weeds and becoming more catchable. The bite on both lakes for me is still crawler/spinner or plain hook bouncer rigs but a lot of ways are working both places with plug fishing, minnow fishing, gulp fishing all filling limits. I fished the Sederlin group Steve, Doug and Gary from Kansas to limits of fish every day catching at least 50 fish a day on both lakes. These guys come every year as well as the next bunch of fellows the Lonnie Wann Agri Gro Group and in both cases I have a great time and so do all of them. Fished both of these groups for 1 day on Sharpe and then one day on the river and gave them there choice of spots for the third day and both groups took the river for the last day but it is a real close call right now as both are excellent fishing. The slot fish are nicer on Sharpe with an easy 17 inch limits avg. but there are more over's on Oahe coming in. Limits for both groups and eating plenty of fish at night for appetizers made for great trips for all of these guys. Lonnie Wann's group put on a little tournament on the first two days and guide Dave Spaid won it on Oahe Day one with 16 lbs of fish including 4 over's and I won it on Sharpe with around 14 lbs day two Having no over's but a lot of 18 inchers. That is the story with the fish on Qahe coming from 50 fow and the ones on Sharpe coming from 7 fow so take your pick as you will catch plenty of fish on either Lake right now.

Hutch's Guide Service

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch