Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: food plot tools.. value  (Read 2012 times)

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
i was looking at k-bid and vandekamps auction has a tow behind disk for an ATV.. what do you guys think the value of this is?

also there is a brush mower on there like the one I have.. it's a bachtold with a kohler motor.. they say it runs.. the one I have is very handy..

If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Online deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Several years ago I went to a plotmaster demonstration.  They were going to "break" ground.  Now, being from a farm, I was interested in seeing what it could do.  The ground was very sandy and contained very little vegitation most of which was dried and dead.  The results were dismal to say the least.  The first ATV used (can't remember size or make) just flat out quit with in 5-6 minutes of pulling the rig.  A second overheated and shut off way before the plot (small one) was anywhere near being considered "worked".  If I remember a third ATV was tried by the guy let the controls fall off the back and the plotmaster cut them to pieces.  Needless to say, I didn't buy one.  With that said, I do know some people who use them successfully.   
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
i have a pile of things we've tried.. modified farm equipement pulled off a rock pile or picked up at an estate sale/auction... our plots are in such a location that even a small tractor wouldn't help as you wouldn't be able to get it back there and once you did it wouldn't have space enough to manuver efficiently. so we stick with tillers/brush mowers and drags.. worked ok this year but I was hoping for a "faster" method to turn the top layer without fryin the wheeler or breaking my back. a small disk may work? I don't know.. if the price is right.. I guess it's worth a shot
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline nic53

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I paid 500 for my disk used. Works good but had to add weight.