Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Buffalo Area?  (Read 4117 times)

Offline jebadia

• Outdoorsman
Are there any members from the Buffalo area that might have a suggestion on lakes to try?
I'm new to the area and am looking for some of the little lakes that are producing well. I have seen a lot of heading out on Schmidt's. Anybody have info on this lake?

Thanks Jeb

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Hey Jeb,

Here is a report from a buddy.

Dec. 28th, 06

Fishing on Schmidt's

Have seen alot of houses out on this lake. Fishing the back side of the first small channel on north of the boat landing. Lots of small crappie and a couple of small eyes. Have heard alot of talk about people getting good eyes, not a believer yet.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline jebadia

• Outdoorsman
Well thank you Outdoors_junkie. Hopefully I'll get a few more responses yet.

Jeb

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
I used to fish Parley Lake all the time when I lived in Wayzata.

It has Walleye's and pannies in it as well as some nice pike.

Try to the right of the landing there is an under water point there that should come out into the 20 foot range.

Benny
"What we have here is a failure to communicate"

Offline Pascual

• Outside Rocks!!
I've been out on that lake a few times and have caught crappies and sunnies and the occasional bull.  Not very much for size to them but good for fish chips.  I go a little ways past all the crowd.  Farther north.  towards the west shoreline.  About forty-fifty yards off shore.  The one lake that has been doing it for me has been Granite.  It's a little drive, but get my crappie limit and they are not too small.  half a dozen 11inchers.  for a 10 limit is pretty good size.  The first time I went out i had my limit in 1 and a half ours.  3pm till later is my usual time.  good luck. 
Outside Rocks!!