Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Big snow  (Read 2112 times)

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
  This snow should ruin any lake that was frozen over for the rest of the winter.  Unless we get a rain sometime soon. :banghead: :banghead: :censored:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Luckily it seems like most of the metro lakes didn't have any ice cover before the snow, or there was enough open water that when the wind starts up tonight, it should open it all up again....
That's the hopes!   :banghead:

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
Maybe the weight of the snow will geyser up water and dissolve some of the aweful white stuff.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline UplandObsession

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Well for those of you guys that fish walker, longville, remer area you will be happy to hear not much snow fell compared to what the metro got. 5-6 inches of ice on leech in boy bay.  And now 3-5 inches of snow.

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Thats good news, UplandOb...

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
and i talked to a gal from the talmoon area last nite...............maybe 2 inches!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mathews4ever

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I'm glad to hear that not all the lakes are shot for the season. In the Cambridge area we have 12-15" of snow on top of the 1" of ice on the lakes. Looks like I will be traveling if I want to do any ice fishing.
"when a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is twenty feet closer to god." -Fred Bear-

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Not sure about you guys but that wind last night should have taken care of a lot of the snow.  Some of the lakes that were froze around here opened back up.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   Drove by a couple of metro lakes on my serpentine route to the office today.  Most of the lakes were open in the middle with no standing inches of snow on the frozen edges.  It looked like most of the snow was reduced to slush on the surface.  We may have dodged a bullet.  Unfortunately we will be making ice this week with snow predicted for the weekend.  I am hoping the main lake of Leech was still open.  Anyone know if Minnewaska  was iced up before the snow?
« Last Edit: December 12/10/12, 06:17:19 PM by DDSBYDAY »
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
The lakes area got 3" of  :snow5: and the lakes got some good Ice  :happy1:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   Again I was forced to take a serpentine route to work today. :banghead:  The roads are in worse shape then they were yesterday.  Glare ice everywhere I went.  The metro lakes I drove by are 95% covered with just a light covering of snow.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Good to hear DDS.  Should be making some ice this week. :happy1:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood