Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: New Guy from Iowa  (Read 4561 times)

Offline jessedvw

• Minnow
Hello everyone, I'm from NW Iowa and have been vacationing in near Alexandria for as long as I can remember, a family friend owns a cabin on lake Geneva.  I have only ever fished in MN before but have recently become intrigued with wolf hunting so I figured I would join an outdoors forum and see what advice I can get on the subject, and also get some advice for fishing when I go on vacation.
Iowa Army National Guard
C Troop 1-113th RSTA

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
 ::welcome::  ::welcome:: down there South of the Border.

I used to fish Minnewaska quite a bit during winters, and Lobster in the summer to try some musky action.  I enjoy the Alexandria area.
Nice to have ya on board!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
 ::welcome:: Sorry to hear you're from Iowa. ;D  Just kidding.  Welcome to the site. :happy1: :happy1:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
Welcome and God Bless the National Guard.
 Please come and take a wolf home. Get em out of here.  You gotta really be lucky and quiet to catch one in the open hunting.
 I know that since you are from Iowa you will will be wanting a good catch of bullheads too.

A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline jessedvw

• Minnow
Welcome and God Bless the National Guard.
 Please come and take a wolf home. Get em out of here.  You gotta really be lucky and quiet to catch one in the open hunting.
 I know that since you are from Iowa you will will be wanting a good catch of bullheads too.

Why do you say I want a good catch of bullheads because I'm from Iowa?
Iowa Army National Guard
C Troop 1-113th RSTA

Offline weldgasman

• Outdoorsman
Welcome to MN. Lots of nice lake around the Alexandria Area. We were up around Brandon and Villard Area this winter and caught some nice Sunfish. Reno is good for the Walleyes.

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
No offense intended jessedevw. Every Iowan I have ran into enjoys bullhead. I include myself in that fanclub.  If you ask around you will be surprised at the amount of Iowans that are fond of the wonderful creatures.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Hey Welcome to the site from a another outofstater that Loves Minnesota!  BTW Nodakers like Bullheads too.... :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Offline jessedvw

• Minnow
No offense taken, I guess I never thought about trying to fish for bullhead for any reason.  My brothers and I used to go to the small pond on the farm when we were younger and could catch bullhead out of there all day long.  I go after largemouth more than any other species anymore though.
Iowa Army National Guard
C Troop 1-113th RSTA

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Welcome to the land of MNO jessedvw. The neighbors here are friendly and quite knowledgeable. If we don't know the answers we'll make something up. :doah:  The best part about moving into MNO is that the rent is cheap and friends are plentiful here. I to have come here from a foreign land that is called Illinois.

I stumbled in here back in 2006 and I ain't goin any where else :happy1:

Lee ;)
« Last Edit: January 01/25/13, 08:59:40 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline UplandObsession

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Welcome Jessedvw, Thanks for your service by the way.

Offline Molson

• Outdoorsman
  • My new fishing boat
MTCOMMER is right, Minnewaska is great all summer as well. I've taken walleye and many jumbo perch in the summer as well as an occasional limit of crappie's. Only problem with that lake is you don't want to be caught on the wind blown side of it, the waves get huge :titanic: