Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: New to MN - Help with fishing  (Read 2691 times)

Offline ekim22

• Minnow
My wife & I bought a home in October just upstream from the confluence of the Crow River into the Mississippi.  On the Elk River side.

I am pretty excited at the prospects of exploring the river this spring & summer.  I've got my eye on heading upstream to the 169/10 bridge, hoping to find some deeper water.

Any advice or general conversation about this section of the river is greatly appreciated.  I managed to fish from shoreline a few days before the colder weather set in and caught about 1/2 dozen smallmouth and 1 small northern.  All on soft plastics.

Offline mnhunter1

• Minnow
Never fished that area but sounds like your off to a good start

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
we used to fish it quite a bit down by the coon rapids dam. Just a plain hook and sinker tipped with a fathead working the eddies. It was a hot as you always had action and never new what you were going to catch.
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Offline ekim22

• Minnow
Thanks.   Does anyone know which "pool" I'm in?

Also - when will I start seeing the first fishing boats venturing back out onto the river and what will they be fishing for?