Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Pierre area fishing report for Oahe/Sharpe April 28th to April 30th, 2013  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
Wind picked up some but fishing remains' good. The walleye are spawning or finishing the main spawn on both Lake Sharpe and Lake Oahe. I helped guide Dave Spaid with 3 fellows 2 from MN. and one from Rapid City. We fished the West Bend Area on Lake Sharpe due to 29 to 30 mph wind and got a 16 fish limit of walleye in around 4 hours. Caught these fish on bttm/bouncer/minnows in around 15 to 20 fow. I then fished repeat customer Troy Swift and his friend John to a catch of 14 walleye along with some smallmouth bass a northern and a catfish. We fished the Cheyenne river arm of lake Oahe catching numbers of over 15 inch walleye but could only come up with 2 fish under the 15 inch bonus rule so did not get all the bonus fish. Caught almost all of these fish pitching Berkeley gulp on jigs in less than 10 fow. Right now the year class walleye that are on in the spawning area's seem to be 15 inchers and up with very few of the smaller walleye around. I suspect the little guys are probably still out real deep but they will show up and when they do the extra bonus limits will be a little easier to come by. Fishing should continue to get even better as spring weather warms the lake water temps.

Hutch's Guide Service

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch