Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: timing for 40 hp merc  (Read 2610 times)

Offline BBD

• Outdoorsman
Hey guys I have a 1980 merc 40 HP and was wondering how do you set the timing on it any help? Thanks :banghead:
Work hard Hunt harder

Offline nontypicalhunter

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Please explain in more detail what exactly you are trying to accomplish here.   :Clap:

Offline mathews4ever

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Sorry ma'am but I don't think it is your timing. The initial timing on that motor should be fixed and the timing advance should be controlled by the throttle with little to no adjustment.
"when a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is twenty feet closer to god." -Fred Bear-

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey guys I have a 1980 merc 40 HP and was wondering how do you set the timing on it any help? Thanks :banghead:
Setting the timing on that motor gets complicated,Your best chance would be buying the original manual for the motor. Timing is seldom a problem unless some moved it by accident on any outboard.What makes you think its timing.Whats the motor doing?? I dont come here to often but I will check back and see if you replied
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine