Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Books to read in the Garden  (Read 3069 times)

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
To me nothing goes much better with summer gardens is some book reading so I am starting a book reading topic. With all of this hot weather I have been spending time in front of the a/c burning through the Alex Cross series of books. I am a big reader and have no problem reading a book in one sitting. Guess I am a dinosaur as my kid's friends all say they don't know anyone that actually has a library in their house. Matter of fact most of them are proud to say they have never read an entire book their whole lives.

The den shelves hold all the books of Clive Cussler, Minnesota writer John Stanford and now James Paterson's Cross novels, so what are you reading this summer?
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
The Devil in the White City - Erik Larson
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
The Devil in the White City - Erik Larson
If you like turn of the century who-done it books, check out the Issac Bell books by Clive Cussler, good time period books. I will and yours to my amazon book list  :happy1:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I don't do a lot of reading in my little spare time I have. between the daily paper, the minn conservation volunteer, birds and bloom and the whitails magazine I have all I can do to keep current with those.

I did however purchase and read recently, American sniper and seal team six!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

talking about reading, anyone ever read the 2 books a retired conservation officer out of Itasca county wrote???? they are called
poachers caught I believe.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I also don't read a lot of books. This spring I read "Erickson's Outdoor Adventures".  Written by a St. Cloud native, Bob Erickson. 
However, I did a quick look at the papers and magazines i read and here's a list of most of them.
Daily: Star Tribune
Weekly: local papers (3), Outdoor News, AARP, Time
Monthly: Money, Fortune, AARP, Outdoor Life, Minnesota Sportsman, Field and Stream, North American Hunter.
Quarterly: MDHA's Whitetails.
I would let some laps but they hound you to death and after a while, basically give it away.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
one of my favorites is to re leaf "Kill it and Grill it" by Ted Nugent and family
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
 There is still one magazine you old farts won't admit you read/look at the pictures.  $12 for 12 issues.   :rotflmao:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
There is still one magazine you old farts won't admit you read/look at the pictures.  $12 for 12 issues.   :rotflmao:
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: us old farts cant remember which one that is!!! :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!