Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: the start of a great stand.. i hope  (Read 1489 times)

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
a few weeks back had the idea for a new stand.. (mostly because my buddy's uncle had a truck load of "spare" 4x6's). after a trade.. here's what I did

If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
the legs are 4x6x12... I cut the tops to hold a 2x6 and the legs are cut like a saw horses.. so they will extend out and away from the platform, for stability. the platform is precut to be 4x5.. I've tried bigger platforms and it always seems too big. this is big enough where I can tuck a child off to a side or myself off to one end and can "teach" or be "taught" depending on the kid I have with.
now I've been getting fancy and have think I'm starting to over do this. the walls are pre-cut framing I built in the driveway (neighbors love me). I canted the roof as originally it would have been just too tall.
last summer I picked up a extension ladder at an auction for 20$.. all aluminum and bent at one end.. well half of this ladder will be perfect for the stairs, may be noisy but always sturdy and safe.
this picture doesn't show the framing very well.. but use your imagination
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Lovely. And looks like it could be converted into a "Trojan Horse" if needed.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
well todays the big day. we'll see if the old/new girl will stand. mowed out a new trail to get her back last week. i'll take some pics if it works and Im not too tired