Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Lakes Oahe/Sharpe Pierre area fishing report for Sept 29th Thru Oct 6th 2013  (Read 1172 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
About the only thing that has changed since my last report is the weather and it has got bad quick with temps dropping to the thirty's at night, big wind and the first snow of the year in the forecast for Saturday. I guided Milo Allen and his friend Rick from MN. for one day on Sharpe catching limits of nice walleye (avg 17 inch) and then spent the next day pitching jigs tipped with gulp for smallmouth bass on Oahe. We caught lots of bass (avg 17 inch) and they kept a limit of these also for them to take home. A couple of nice guys and also good fishermen. I then guided Dorhan and Cindy Mcellen from western NE. for one day of what was supposed to be a 2 day trip on Sharpe in about as bad of conditions as you can get and still be safe. These two were real troopers sticking out cold rain and 30 mph winds for long enough to get some walleye, bass and northern. They grow tough folks out in western NE but not suicidal so we called the trip early as 50 mph winds and snow are in the forecast. A real nice couple and hopefully we will get to fish again in better weather. The fishing remains good for walleye on Sharpe and great for smallmouth on Oahe when the weather cooperates. As the fishing season winds down I will start to do these reports more on a weekly basis unless there is a big change in the bite. Look for jigs/minnows/ gulp to be the bait of choice as water temps drop.

Hutch's Guide Service

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch