Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: what hide would you pick  (Read 2792 times)

Offline lentz

• Master Outdoorsman
what hide would you pick for a hat?

iv been kicking around the idea of making a fur hat for the last year or two and im going to finally make one what pelt would you pick

thinking about making a few if the first one goes well

but coyote, beaver?

any suggestions if I make multiple there will be a skunk hat

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Might want to ask DDS, he has one. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline mathews4ever

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
For aesthetics, I would choose the coyote.
"when a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is twenty feet closer to god." -Fred Bear-

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
If I was young again like you Lentz I would have my mind on completing college by either being a Bemidji Beaver or a Wisconsin Badger. Both make great hats. The Badger hat would present an ornery atmosphere but it is always great to have a beaver on your had.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline lentz

• Master Outdoorsman
ordered 2 black/silver coon hides hope to have time to make the hat in a week or two

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
 Wait a minute i thought we were talking about it keeping your head warm.  If we're talking about looks or being cool.......yeah a fur hat isn't going to accomplish that.   

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline lentz

• Master Outdoorsman
Wait a minute i thought we were talking about it keeping your head warm.  If we're talking about looks or being cool.......yeah a fur hat isn't going to accomplish that.   

my camo crocks and camo/rabbit mad bommer hat get plenty of comments thrown in my direction and most of them are good so a hat I made can only make improvements

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
If your looking for a lady that isn't afraid to gut a deer, bait her own hook, cook a good meal, drink a beer, and keep you warm at night you need one that likes a guy in a cowboy hat.

If your looking for a lady that might have 3 or 4 teeth left in her mouth, takes a bath once a month if you're lucky, and will take half your money some day find one that likes a guy in a fur hat.........ask DDS he'll tell ya. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Again only if we are talking about looks and not keeping your head warm. ;D
« Last Edit: November 11/08/13, 08:06:43 AM by The General »

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Don't be afraid to use the beaver for the ear flaps and coyote for the rest.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.