Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Minnewaska  (Read 2804 times)

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
 The walleyes were biting earlier in the week and sounds like more people are getting into them around the lake.  I was fishing 13FOW, managed 8 keepers over 2 days, all between 12-16.5 where most were 14ish.  Ice was great, well over a foot, everyone is driving out and there is little snow on the lake, small drifts in some spots, but even a car could make it around.
I tried for sunnies too but couldnt find them, managed a few small perch and this toad largemouth, bout 19". Hit a tear drop jig and an ultralite... so it was a heck of a fight.
Pictured is the catch from yesterday and the bass.

Offline weldgasman

• Outdoorsman
Any current reports on Minnewaska. May be heading that way this weekend. Can send me a pm if not wanting info public. Thanks

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Havent been up there since - But with those cold front coming in, I would get up there before it gets too cold.  Friday and Saturday should be the best fishing, then Sunday the bottom will fall out and itll get cold (probably shutting down the fishing).  I was on the fishing in 13FOW in an old family spot, right on the edge of a weed line.
If you stop into FISH ON right in glenwood, they will have a nice current report for you.  Lots of houses were out in Crappie Town, but didn't talk with anyone out there.  Lots of houses on the 12ft hole off the ballroom.  I think if you can find 14FOW, I think you should be good to go.

GOOD LUCK and let us know how you do.