Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2014 MNO Fishing Challenge Smackdown-enter at your own risk:)  (Read 226681 times)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Sorry Borgie, could only manage a few inch upgrade.  On the plus side though Roberto heard The General was coming to Pine County and got the flock out of there.   ;)
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
    :doah:   Got to go to the GIMP to score that one.   :bonk:   It may take a while.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 09/22/14, 06:20:03 PM by DDSBYDAY »
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Take a few years if you like.  It doesn't matter anyway.  That upgrade is about as useless as a union thug.  However that little thing would be a trophy for them. 

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
still going here, got a rainy river trip and multiple hone hole trip planed , it aint over till its over.
It's soooo cute that the young un thinks that the Thugs have any chance of winning the 20114 Challenge, let alone climbing out of 7th place!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
I hate to break the bad news to you Bore, but it be over for the Slugs!!!!!   :surrender: :surrender: :surrender:
The Eve of Destruction rules, Babee!!!  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   The "Union Thugs" will be knocking on the eve's door very shortly.  Just like the old saying.  "When the going gets tough the Union Thugs kick  :moon: "
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
                   Good News for the 1st and 2nd place teams :surrender:

Looks as if I'll have to be put on injured reserve for an unknown length of time. I've been fighting with a re-occurring kidney stones problems and spent 5 hrs. in the emergency room yesterday. I've got some procedures scheduled in the near future and have my fingers crossed. It's the worst pain I've ever had and that includes a prior heart attack years ago.

Anyhow I've been grounded from any future fishing trips so my teammates will have to pick up the slack. Go get um boys! :happy1:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts

Looks as if I'll have to be put on injured reserve for an unknown length of time. I've been fighting with a re-occurring kidney stones problems and spent 5 hrs. in the emergency room yesterday. I've got some procedures scheduled in the near future and have my fingers crossed. It's the worst pain I've ever had and that includes a prior heart attack years ago.

Anyhow I've been grounded from any future fishing trips so my teammates will have to pick up the slack. Go get um boys! :happy1:

Sorry to hear you are dinged up Lee. Hope you feel better soon.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

Sorry to hear you are dinged up Lee. Hope you feel better soon.

+1 get better soon.  Maybe you should steal the lucky horse shoe the Bears are holding on to for dear life.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   Sorry Lee.  Kidney stones are bad business.  I feel awful that you are out.  Out of respect for you and your contributions to the challenge maybe we should call this years challenge a draw and continue it next summer starting from scratch.   :coffee:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
   Sorry Lee.  Kidney stones are bad business.  I feel awful that you are out.  Out of respect for you and your contributions to the challenge maybe we should call this years challenge a draw and continue it next summer starting from scratch.   :coffee:

Now I know why the union thugs are at the bottom of the barrel. As if that wasn't low enough you's guys have somehow managed to scrape a hole in the barrel and are hanging on to the bottom rim. You'll have to come up with a brilliant ploy such as my legit excuse for not finishing at the top of the heap. Maybe something like :scratch: a massive storm is coming or something like that. NO! :banghead: I think that was last years excuse you used.

Any how there is a slim chance I'll see that one more trip this season.
« Last Edit: September 09/23/14, 03:29:38 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope you're feeling better, Lee!!  :happy1:
And that slim chance that you may get one more trip in ain't nearly as slim as the chance of the Smugs climbing out of last place!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

Offline Retired on Osakis

• Master Outdoorsman

Sorry to hear about your health issues. Hope you are on the recovery trail soon. It looks like the General's northern upgrade wasn't that big. We need a 36.5 inch pike to take second place which I think is doable. I'd need a 41.25 inch to move into first and I don't really think that is going to happen. Going to be hard enough moving into second. Not finding the big ones yet. Don't even know if they exist in this lake.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope you're feeling better, Lee!!  :happy1:
And that slim chance that you may get one more trip in ain't nearly as slim as the chance of the Smugs climbing out of last place!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Never say that the Union Thugs have no compassion.  We gave you all a way out of a Thug Thumpin.  My Union brothers prepare to get busy and leg sweep the leader board!!  Remember no one ever thought the twinky could be stopped.   

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
Never say that the Union Thugs have no compassion.  We gave you all a way out of a Thug Thumpin.  My Union brothers prepare to get busy and leg sweep the leader board!!  Remember no one ever thought the twinky could be stopped.
Hmmm, then you should have called your team "The Twinkies" which would be pretty appropriate for three guys that obviously wear pink Tutu's, and ballet slippers!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Then to say you gave the rest of the teams a way out of a Thug Thumpin is hilarious, since no one has been anywhere near you duds at the bottom of the board for the entire season!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Eve of Destruction rules, Babee!!!  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Retired, you should have kept your $5 and bought powerball tickets.  you'd have better odds of winning that then moving into second.  With all the fish you've never posted over the years I'd say we are pretty safe.  Better hope one of your teammates decides to hit the water again. ;)

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
Retired, you should have kept your $5 and bought powerball tickets.  you'd have better odds of winning that then moving into second.  With all the fish you've never posted over the years I'd say we are pretty safe.  Better hope one of your teammates decides to hit the water again. ;)

Says the guy that drives around the lake looking to borrow a quarter and a ruler only try to take a pic with an etch a sketch.    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Sorry DDS I only deal in Grants and Benjamins.  Plus the fish I catch are so big they need a HD ruler not one of those that the union bugs use that fit inside their pocket protectors.  The only thing I'd ever use an etch a sketch for is to see if it would leave as big a marks as an AP switch as I beat you over the forehead with it. ;).  But the way it looks is I'd have to drop it off a 6 story building and hope it lands on you as you are at the bottom.
« Last Edit: September 09/23/14, 10:48:24 PM by The General »

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
   The "Union Thugs" will be knocking on the eve's door very shortly.  Just like the old saying.  "When the going gets tough the Union Thugs kick  :moon: "

:doah:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

:doah:

I think it might be best if you just stick with something that your really good at DDS!

Many BWCA Reports

• Master Outdoorsman
Like I mentioned before Private, I've posted fish in the past. Maybe nothing spectacular but still fish. I just never bothered posting any this year because with Lee on the same team I knew whatever he caught on his Ely trip would beat anything I had. We'll see what you have to say when I catch that northern that's going to knock you out of second place. I would expect you'll be doing a lot of  :cry: :cry:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Like I mentioned before Private, I've posted fish in the past. Maybe nothing spectacular but still fish. I just never bothered posting any this year because with Lee on the same team I knew whatever he caught on his Ely trip would beat anything I had. We'll see what you have to say when I catch that northern that's going to knock you out of second place. I would expect you'll be doing a lot of  :cry: :cry:
I never bothered posting fish blah blah blah.......if I had a dollar for every unskilled fisherman that has said that from past challenges I'd pay the thousands of dollars it take for you and DDS to take fishing lessons. :happy1:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
I never bothered posting fish blah blah blah.......if I had a dollar for every unskilled fisherman that has said that from past challenges I'd pay the thousands of dollars it take for you and DDS to take fishing lessons. :happy1:

Don't try to tick off Retired on Osakis General! You haven't seen him when he gets upset.

« Last Edit: September 09/25/14, 03:09:36 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Pfft......his loose teeth would be sticking in my knuckles as he fell to the ground.

• Master Outdoorsman
Pfft......his loose teeth would be sticking in my knuckles as he fell to the ground.
What appears to be teeth at first glance are actually bone shards from your hand sticking up through your flesh. The falling to the ground would be from laughing  :rotflmao: at the little girly punch you threw.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

You don't want to upset any of The Grave Diggers. You could be added to our collection. :happy1:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
What appears to be teeth at first glance are actually bone shards from your hand sticking up through your flesh. The falling to the ground would be from laughing  :rotflmao: at the little girly punch you threw.

This isn't a movie where things don't APPEAR as they are.  Just be glad you only got hit once with the left.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   Ya in the movies anything is possible.  They made sissy Eastwood out to be a tough guy.  In reality he was a bigger girly man than TGO.   At least John Wayne played himself.  He was not an actor.  He just shot and punched people when he felt like it.   

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
         Some old fisherman were seated around the campfire :campfire:

Some old fisherman were seated around the campfire out on
the lonesome prairie, and with the pride for which these men
were famous, it was a night of bravado, rot gut whiskey,
and many tall tales...

DDS says, "I must be the strongest,
meanest, toughest fisherman there is.

Why, just the other day, a bull got loose in the corral. It had
gored six men before I wrestled it to the ground by the horns
with my bare hands and castrated that sucker with my teeth."

The General couldn't stand to be bested.
"That's nothing, I was walking down the trail yesterday
and a 15 foot diamondback rattler slid out from
under a rock and made a move for me.

I grabbed that :censored: with my bare hands, bit off its head,
and sucked the poison down in one gulp -
didn't even get a belly ache."

Old Lee from Illinois
remained silent, slowly stirring the
campfire coals with his pecker...
« Last Edit: September 09/25/14, 01:17:46 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
   Ya in the movies anything is possible.  They made sissy Eastwood out to be a tough guy.  In reality he was a bigger girly man than TGO.   At least John Wayne played himself.  He was not an actor.  He just shot and punched people when he felt like it.

Yeah you are right he did play with himself.  When he was Marion he wore rainbows and his boyfriends name was John.  I heard Marion Wayne had a stunt double just to ride his horse and shoot his gun.  What a sissy.  Probably had root beer mixed with water every time it showed him taking a shot of whiskey. 

• Master Outdoorsman

Yeah you are right he did play with himself.  When he was Marion he wore rainbows and his boyfriends name was John.  I heard Marion Wayne had a stunt double just to ride his horse and shoot his gun.  What a sissy.  Probably had root beer mixed with water every time it showed him taking a shot of whiskey.
You and DDS can Duke  training-087 this out while I go out and Make my day fishing. :rotflmao: