Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Lakes Oahe/Sharpe Pierre area fishing report for May 9th and 10th 2014  (Read 1117 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
The fishing for walleye is still going strong on both Oahe and Sharpe if you get in the right areas. These areas are primarily related to places that have warmer stained water and are close to or on major spawning areas on both lakes. The northern bite is also good along with some smallmouth bass and plenty of catfish I guided one of my favorite repeat customer's The Leonard's from Atlantic Iowa Doc Keith (Dad) son Doug and his son Cooper. We fished Sharpe at the west bend area catching limits of 17 inch avg size walleye both day's along with a few smallmouth. We were done early so the second day we trailered back to Oahe and finished their trip catching some nice catfish. The walleye were caught using bouncer minnow rigs in around 10 fow and the catfish in around 3 fow. on smelt. The water on Sharpe is very muddy from antelope creek to Joe creek so fishing has been mostly from the bluffs in Pierre to the Dam or the West Bend area. On Oahe the main fishing is in the back of any major creeks or rivers that have running water. The fish are for the most part in shallow warm water .I have not heard of many Salmon coming in. Weather is the key this time of the year so prepare for it as best as you can with the right gear. Watch for very muddy roads on the way to some of the out of the way boat ramps if it has been raining hard. If the wind blows I try to pick area's to fish that I can use it or stay out of it.

Hutch's Guide Service

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch