Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Fishing report for Lakes Oahe/Sharpe Pierre area July 9th 10th and 11th 2014  (Read 1068 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
I spent one day guiding on the river in Pierre (Sharpe) 1 day at West Bend (Sharpe) and one day on Oahe catching limits of fish all three days. I spent one day with Steve Bohling and friend from around Lincoln NE. We fished around Pierre and did get limits of walleye that avg around 16 inches fishing with nightcrawler/bouncer rigs in 10 fow. There was not much boat traffic but this was not a week end trip. I then guided the Jeff Bohlken/James Bohlken, Nile Farris/Bob Farris group of guys from NE to limits of walleye at West Bend (Sharpe) and limits of walleye on Oahe. We caught the fish at the Bend in anywhere from 10 fow to 30 fow mostly on crawler/bouncer rigs and on Oahe caught most of the fish on the same rigs fishing in around 20 to 30 fow. The avg size of the walleye at West Bend was around 17 inches and the avg size on Oahe was around 14 inches however they did get one bigger walleye around a 25 incher. The up side to fishing on Oahe is far less boat traffic and we had no trouble fishing alone. Every time we stopped on Sharpe other boats would find and join us. If finding and catching fish with a lot less boat traffic is important to you Oahe is a better choice. It is harder to put together as good as overall avg size fish stringer however but getting a big over 25 inch fish is more likely.

Hutch's Guide Service

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch