Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Leech report yesterday  (Read 2584 times)

Offline fishnutbob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Leech lake guide, Walker, Mn.
Havent posted here for awhile for you leech fisherman what ive seen lately

Fished sat on leech and it was a tuff bite high winds and cloudy water. Fished the west side of the lake and I think the lake just turned over which turned the fish off.

Changed it up and fished a different area yesterday. Light winds so we found that trolling light jigs 1 mile to 1.5 behind the boat 50ft or more put fish in the boat used 1/16 and 1/8 jigs a Northland vegas jig in gold was the hot jig.

Nice fat walleyes and this area had some good perch going with some sorting you had some nice fish. Seems the fall bite is going good on shallow flats in 7ft should continue until we get ice.

Pics

[attachment deleted by admin]
Bob Auel
Leech lake Guide with www.leisureoutdooradventures.com Guide Boat 2007 19' 3" warrior
218-836-2014

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Thanks for the report. I'm heading up Friday after work with my girls. Looking to hook some big fall eyes.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline fishnutbob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thanks for the report. I'm heading up Friday after work with my girls. Looking to hook some big fall eyes.

Wind is bad today you should do well hit the pts the wind is going into today it would be pine pt Duck and Stoney shallow wind is N west Good Luck
Bob Auel
Leech lake Guide with www.leisureoutdooradventures.com Guide Boat 2007 19' 3" warrior
218-836-2014

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Thanks for the tip.  The girls are fair weather fishers so we might not fish to long.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline fishnutbob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Steamboat bay out of the wind :happy1:
Bob Auel
218-836-2014