Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What does this? (kinda graphic)  (Read 5470 times)

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
While runnin muskrat traps a few days ago I caught this one that was odd. It was underneath the water and something had eaten out it's eyes.

After skinning it I dug a bit further to find what ever it/they was burrowed in and ate it's brain and lungs.

What would do something like that?

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
I don't know but sell it to Hollywood and you have a sure fire horror mega-hit.

"The Thing That Ate Griz's muskrats Brains and Eyeballs"
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I don't know Griz.  If it were on dry land I would say that it sounds like the work of a weasel.  But you said it was under water so you got me. 

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't know Griz.  If it were on dry land I would say that it sounds like the work of a weasel.  But you said it was under water so you got me. 

OK but how would a weasel fit thru the eye socket. What ever it was wnet through the eye socket to get to the chest cavity. I thought about a blood sucker but they should be buried in the mud this time of yr.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I did not realize it went through the eye socket.  The photo is a little out of focus so I could not really tell.  That is pretty wild Griz.........maybe twas aliens.

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe it was one of those baby seals from the triangle?  ;D
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
  • " Minnesota Outdoorsman supporter"
 ??? just a thought ? when trapping minnows, sometimes there are dead and eating minnows in the trap. along with these black bugs that look like giant cockroaches 1 1/2 long and 1 in wide, flat . these mite be the culprits that are doing the deed! have u ever seen these when you were minnowing ?  :-\
"i am not the KING FISHER , nor the fisher of men , but i am a fisherman "    membership n. 141

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
AHHH, I have seen this before.
the most common name for these are blood sucking wadafugardays.
these are very closely related to, but we should not mistake them with the blood sucking money leeching exwifeasaurus.
when first encountered, they seem harmless enough, but fair warning would advise you to not get to close. they find their way into your soul and eat out your heart. they dont even want it. they spit it out onto the ground :o
you would think that would be good enough for them, but it is not. they find a hearty appetite for plastic too.
once they get a taste of the plastic, it seems to energize them and raise them to a new level of power, which soons sends them  into a mad frenzy. it gets worse. once the plastic runs out, they attack you with a process known as litigation. the litigation eats at your mind causing you to spend everything you own.it seems to be your only defense.
with your heart completely gone, your mind turned to the consistancy of oatmeal, you find it hard to function socialy. you are an easy target.
your best bet is to just roll over and play dead.
hell, it worked for wifeasaurus for fifteen years!

take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Jiggle-I wished you had written a book and had it out when I was single!  Good god, do you have any idea of how many young men could be saved if you'd write this out in a "handbook"?!!!  It could be handed out with the diploma's!  OR better yet, it should be a required class for ALL young men before they graduate from high school!  Just something to think about!  Hell Martha Stewart passes along all of her "worthless" hints, and look how rich she is!  Maybe you could hold seminars on this subject!

Ok, sorry to hijack your post Griz....now back to your regularly scheduled post-"what does this?"
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
That's OK woody.

I'm sure it's some kind of water bug of some sort anyhow but upon my autopsy couldn't find the culprit and thought maybe someone knew.

Hey you are right

and if you want to be really filthy rich write an accurate book on how to figure out a woman. I still don't have all the information needed ya gots any help for the book?
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Bufflehead

• Master Outdoorsman
Ditto what smallmouthguide said.

Crawfish
There's plenty of room for all gods creatures...right next to my mashed potatoes

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
these are very closely related to, but we should not mistake them with the blood sucking money leeching exwifeasaurus. 

Although they maybe closely related, there is one MAJOR difference between the two species.  The blood sucking wadafugardays are much gentiler in that they start their attack on the opposite end of the body than the exwifeasaurus do! :o :o :o
« Last Edit: January 01/17/07, 08:06:23 AM by Dr.Bob »

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Crawfish never thought of that but now that ya mention it it would sound like them cept would they go through the back of the head into the chest and eat the lungs. Maybe if it's a small enough crawfish.
~Thomas Jefferson