Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikings, What a mess  (Read 1955 times)

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Well the Vikes are a mess and after the lets play him ok lets not play him because he is guilty before going to trial. Like many others I have had it with the Vikes and now will have to go to plan B which is following a different team on Sundays.. For sure it will not be the Packers or the Bears but I will be watching Denver and Payton Manning,  Anyone else doing the same?
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
yep sounds like all day Adrian........is all gone Peterson!!!!!!

I totally get what he did was wrong but, does he really deserve to lose his job. the average joe blow would deal with it via the court system.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Wicked Jester

• Outdoorsman
Welcome to the club. The last full Viking game I watched was January 14th, 2001. (NFC championship game Giants 41 Vikings 0 ) Since then I think the only thing they lead the league in is players arrested. I prefer hockey anyway so it's no big deal.

And yeah glenn57, the average joe blow would deal with something like this in the court and probably not have his job at risk. But the average joe doesn't have a public image, a code of conduct and millions in sponsorship partners involved with his job. Not to mention that being a professional athlete comes with the added burden of being in the public eye which also leads to the the responsibility to act like the role model you are portrayed as by your employer and the media.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I think Wicked J got it right.  There are a  lot of other things to consider when the accused is a public figure. In addition the owner is taking a $500 million hand out from the public.  Even if he's found innocent of felony child abuse, (probably will not be convicted) he still by his own admission (and photos) beat his 4 year old son until he bled.  There are many things that are not illegal that a person making a living off the public cannot do without repercussions. How much do you think it cost T Woods for each tryst he had?   
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I agree with what you guys are saying all the way. I pretty much was thinking our loud. And maybe looking for more feedback . :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
yep sounds like all day Adrian........is all gone Peterson!!!!!!

I totally get what he did was wrong but, does he really deserve to lose his job. the average joe blow would deal with it via the court system.
Me I dont think I know how it should be handled? I was raised that way.Leather belt was my dads choice of weapons.I was a kid who thought before acting! The consequences out weighted my train of thought of mischief.I learned if I did anything not acceptable what and how I'd pay.After the belt I was led to apoligise or help fix what was broke.Lots a windows with a bbgun,baseball throwin rocks.todays kids dont do what I did when I was young! we made our own entertainment.I do believe the kids today are soft.Look at obesity records! the internet,the games online.Were a nation living on past actions when we were respected.Look at today we're losing our respect everywhere we're Fat lazy sissies!!
« Last Edit: September 09/18/14, 05:04:34 PM by dew2 »
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline Wicked Jester

• Outdoorsman
True dew2, there is something to be said for corporal punishment, but there is also going to far with it. I am glad I don't have to make that decision in this case.

Getting back to the Vikings in general though. I can't imagine they could of played this one worse. They remove him, bring him back, and remove him again (after sponsors started leaving) all within a week. Then when asked if it was a financial decision, the owner says "absolutely not". Who do they think they are fooling? It's insulting to the intelligence of any viking supporter (including taxpayers that don't even care about football) to lie like that. I for one would of at least respected their decision if they either would of gave him the boot to start with and stuck to it, or kept and believed in him from the start and stuck to that. Now they are just a joke.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Maybe it's old age or something but here my take on whipping etc.  I remember getting spanked a number of times, but for the life of me, can't remember a single time why I was spanked.  What's the lesson here!

Dew2, there's a big difference between a non public (celebrity) person, truck driver, bartender, surveyor etc. than one whose actions have a wide spread effect on the employer such as sports figures.  In the sports and entertainment field, image is everything.       
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I remember lots of whoopings.  One that especially sticks out is the time I didn't put my dad's tools away.  Let's just say I never left them lay out again. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood