Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Weekend report  (Read 1272 times)

Offline Russ-Judy

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Just got back after 4 days of fishing and had a blast!

The fish had slowed down with the cold front that came through but are starting to pick up again.

One of our groups ended up with 7 walleyes all in the keeper range after throwing back lots of bigger ones and also took home 2 14" crappies and 2 10" perch.

Another group of 4 took home 7 eyes and would have had limits except they threw back a 14" thinking they would catch lots more. Caught lots more they did, just not another one under 17"

Russ and I caught 6 about 18", I got a 22" and we ended up with 2 keepers and 2 nice perch at 10 1/2". One of the eyes was so close to the slot we measured it 3 times - twice came up with 16 7/8" and once with 17 1/16" so back down the hole it went.

It's really hard to find time to fish with Russ because he is always running around visiting or banking the houses or re-drilling holes or whatever - he just can't sit still.

It was great seeing Putz and Gambler again and watching another IBOT member being initiated on Sat night.
Really GOOD coconut stuff Gambler.  ;D

I can't wait until I can go back!