Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: grouse areas  (Read 1856 times)

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
is there any areas within 2 hours or so of the twin cities to find some grouse? I don't have much time to make it up to our family land to do it. I was just curious if anyone had any pointers of where to go. you can PM me the details if ya don't want it on public forum

Offline Wyofish

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Cody, I would also love to hunt some grouse. I'm in Little Falls, and people around here have told me that you have to go an hour north of here to find good populations.  I will let you know if I find some in the area.  :happy1: I know there are lots of pheasants around here.

Offline whiteoakbuck

• Master Outdoorsman
check out McGregor or Hill City area been told they have been doing good up there so far this season.
Hunting is not life and death. It is more important than that.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
   I would start  at Hinckley and go north.
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Taking the girls out grouse hunting this weekend with a friend and his dog.  He has been getting his limit every weekend.  I will ask him where we are going this weekend.  He said something about meeting in McGregor.  He hunts with a pointer and a gps unit on the dog.  His dog ranges farther ahead than most dogs. 
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
for the amount i have been out mostly bear baiting I am impressed with the amount of tree chickens I have seen in the deer river talmoon area!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!