Minnesota Outdoorsman - Minnesota Fishing and Hunting Reports

Recent

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: cookies upper red lake report from the shores of upper red lake  (Read 126220 times)

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 86
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: cookies upper red lake report from the shores of upper red lake
« Reply #720 on: June 09, 2020, 08:15:59 AM »
Talk about dropping the ball.
 Wow what a crazy 6 months it has been. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
 Will start  with opener. She was a bit chilly but that did not keep the fishermen away. The public access was the busiest I have ever seen. Since opener the public access   has been full or near full every day, with the weekends packed.
 All of our guest since opener have had good fishing, the covid did change some plans for some of our guests this year. Our big crew on opener and the week after was quite a bit  smaller this year.
 I have also not spent much time visiting.
 I'll break down the first month as best I can.
 It started off with no problem getting your one over 17. under 17 were a little tougher. It then switched with getting your one over was tougher but under 17 were abundant. Then it went to quite a few smaller fish to weed through.
We have caught walleyes any where form 4 feet to 14 feet of water, We have got fish jigging, trolling spinners, trolling cranks. Bobber fishing, and drifting.
 Memorial weekend we had family up. Our grandson Mathew fished every trip I took the boat out. He has become quite the fishermen.
  Our good friend Jake made it up to look  for the elusive yet still catchable upper red lake crappie. He did find one? I did here of  over 20 caught memorial weekend so there still a few swimming around out there.
 Our good friend Ole came up Saturday so I took him out sunday for a bit. He got a fat 16 and a healthy 19 for a meal,  Today he has  a friend coming up to do a little more fishing.
We have Brady and his buddy coming up Thursday with no one in our other cabin.
 I'm back at the golf course, the back his getting a little worn out but I have been able to swing the clubs a bit. I'm still sensitive to bright  lights form the lingering concussion.
 Brady and his buddy are coming up Thursday for one cabin. I'm trying to get our good friends Wayne and Paull to come up also as the other cabin is wide open.
 The high water has made our lake shore a mushy mess. I still have not mowed down there. We did get some needed rain for the land but did not need it for the lake.

Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 1909
  • Likes Given: 1977
« Reply #721 on: June 09, 2020, 08:21:45 AM »
good to hear ya!! :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
  • Liked: 2848
  • Likes Given: 2507
« Reply #722 on: June 09, 2020, 08:41:58 AM »
 :happy1: :happy1: yeppers…….. good hearing from ya...…...and glad your still moving in the right direction!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 2729
  • Likes Given: 6522
« Reply #723 on: June 09, 2020, 09:12:33 AM »
Sounds like life is good Cookie.  Good to hear from you.

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 86
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #724 on: September 04, 2020, 08:58:07 AM »
I'm never ready for summer to end as I have such a passion for golfing. Going to work everyday knowing I may get to play 9 holes makes it easy to go to work.
 We have a long list of  replacement and repairs this fall as last winter was one of the toughest on our equipment.
 I'm pretty much healed from my car accident last year other then a lingering concussion that has effected my vision just a bit as well as some memory problems, all though hitting 60 may have something to do with that also.
 We have a few reservation down in the books. Doo to the virus we will have to remove the pillows in the houses. I'm also stocking up on lysol to kill has many germs as possible. I really do not know what to expect this year so we will be winging it  like most of the country.
  The summer fishing was astounding this year. It could have a little to do with the high water? I did get to visit Tony the big water dnr speacilist while they were seigning this summer. Again I was amazed at all the little fish they catch when they drag the nets to shore. Even little crappies so we know there still a elusive yet still catchable upper red lake crappie On such a grand lake.
 They also did very well with there test netting so there's still plenty of fish to be caught.
 I have to make this short has something came up  Stay tuned

Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 1909
  • Likes Given: 1977
« Reply #725 on: September 04, 2020, 09:15:04 AM »
good to hear your report Cookie!!!!  and glad to hear yer doing better too!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 1093
  • Likes Given: 1717
« Reply #726 on: September 04, 2020, 09:18:02 AM »
X2.  :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 2729
  • Likes Given: 6522