Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: cookies upper red lake report from the shores of upper red lake  (Read 224497 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Hey cookie, did a guy from IDO make any reservations for a house on the 28th or 29th??

We have tentative plans to fish red in the 29th??? Kind of a retired guys gtg.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I put Cookie's report on the front page. Those guys in the photo's are my great nephew's and my nephew. They wanted to go fishing for my nephew's birthday, so I sent them Cookie's way.  :azn:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks that was a nice surprise.
Not sure  about reservation glen  any idea the name?
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks that was a nice surprise.
Not sure  about reservation glen  any idea the name?
goes by bellentine on IDO!!!!! with the current forecast i'm not sure i'll be doing that now. :scratch: being retired and not really having a schedule i'm not dealing with below 0 temps when it gets 10 below anymore up there. :tut:

oh yea i agree with boar, cookies houses are great!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Are there any reports of vehicles with single axel fishhouses being allowed to head out on the lake?? I have a buddy thinking about heading up mid next week.

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
erry Christmas and Happy new year.
 Been a very busy 2 weeks here on the shores of upper red lake. Every year the week between Christmas and new year its the same thing, With wheel houses becoming so popular they started rolling in after Christmas. Yesterday trying to access to  the lake at hillmanwa's was crazy. A gentleman in front of me walked down to the lake to stop the wheel houses and vehicles coming off so the few trying to get on the lake could go.  Guess they could of used a traffic cop for a bit. I would also say that 70 percent of the fisher people went to the end of the road?
 Jonny boy, I.  Plus Jake has been up a couple times have been moving houses ,replacing radiators, spark plugs, etc. If it has a motor we have had to fiddle with them. Every thing always seems to be fine in the summer and fall, but has soon as the temps drop and the wind howls, we run into problems. Its always been a grind fighting mother nature . This year the lake broke up and refroze numerous times causing some very rough bumpy conditions for the fleet of vehicles and houses. Lot of areas for the fishy's to hide.
 The fishing has been a little tough finding the under 17s. We have seen numerous elusive yet still catchable upper red lake crappies on the internet which should be expected when there is that many lines in the water.
 Jonny boy has found his nitch pointing fishermen in the right direction. On the other hand I'm answering the phones while we  try to work during the day. I'm also still trying to find my groove, having last winter off kinda threw me  through a loop. Also with the covid, visiting with our customers and hanging out a bit has been limited.
 The houses have seen quite a few fish over 17, fat and healthy. This lake sure has a great forage base. I have not seem a skinny looking fish.  Also numerous fish over 21. I said years ago the fish grow fast here then get stunted I guess I can eat my words now. The houses have also seen a lot of smaller pike? That may be where we had been fishing as it was a newer area we had been working.
 With some houses rented during the week we get a little break of having every thing all most rented every day.
 Looking at the books  we have  3 houses open the last weekend of fishing  2 houses feb 19 20th, 1 house this coming weekend florida had to cancel due to the covid.. We have had cancellation due to covid . I expect we will have a few more. California is open  feb 12 13, 19 20,
 I also expect we will be making adjustments in are rates.
 The red baron is in a shop in black duck. I broke down trying to figure out why she will not run right so I bit the bullitt figuring they could figure it out. The way that's going that may of been a bone head move.
 The big red 3/4 ton busted the radiator do to the bumpy lake. We have decided to have a mount built on her so  the v plow can have a back up.

I'm hoping the season can start going a little smoother as we push out to deeper water on this" Grand Lake That Owes Us Nothing"

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Cookie is that pic of the crappie here your pic? recent? back during the giant crappie boom  when we had 15 crappie limits,one limit of 14"-15" crappies would fill a 5 gallon bucket with the tails curled up but not worth beans as table fare at least for me,crappies were so thick once fillet out pan frying they were mushy and mudding tasting,some folks claimed deep frying was the answer but never tried it,not to mention don't have a deep fryer then or now.Smoke they were good tho.

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
I hate to bring up mother nature but she has been kind to us the last couple days.. working on a few repairs on our fleet is much easier when  the sun is shining , and the temps are in the 30s . Jonny found the bad spot in blue thunders lite switch, I mentioned "I think its in the switch". He took a gander and sure enough. !0 minutes later I had on two new connections. Actually it took me a little longer not wearing my cheater glasses the first time I crimped the wrong end.
 Jonny boy pulled the broken radiator out of the 3/4 ton beast. Dragging the road  being so bumpy from the way the lake froze was just to much for a plastic radiator, as she had  broken last thursday. Of course the new used one came and was not right. Improvising Jonny boy was able to bvpass the oil cooler for now.  The red baron is still in the shop . The manager told me they were going to take it out for a test drive and both u bolts broke? Of course its not like you can go down to the parts store and pick up a new set for a 34 year old truck. Last years lake conditions sure took a toll on our fleet of houses and vehicles'. Its never been easy ,challenging yes, fun yes, has more then one curse word been said? "nope" many many curse words and been screamed. Throwing the radiator into the aluminum scrap. I noticed radiators do not last. I think there is about 20 in the pile. There all going to the scrap yard this coming spring.
 Jake rolled in last night with the boys to work and scout/fish. Jonny went out monday and tracked down a elusive yet still catchable upper red lake crappie which of course put a fire under Jake. He loves chasing them true trophy fish. He started guiding full time for all species of fish this past fall. His specialty is Musky, Sturgen, crappies  and the bottom feeding walleye. He also makes some very  very impressive musky baits. There pieces of art to me. Check them out.
JENI BOU BAITS. His guide service is  On the pond outdoors. Mention my name and you might get a discount might.
 Enough of that heres the latest fishing report from our fleet. over the last few days.
 Old minnesota has had my brother and shannon . We figured they landed over 20 walleyes a couple jumbo perch a small pike or two over the last few days, I even got to not only wet a line but land a fish or two. we had a fish fry a couple nights ago and are shooting for another before they head back to Chicago. The yuks/laughs  have been on going as he is quite funny and witty, They say  Laughing make you younger and I think I may of gained a year or two back. Might even been a tear or two.
 Florida had Dave, Scott, Robin and ? Super nice people.  They were having a grand time on a grand lake. Jonny boy hung out with them for a bit sunday night. They had a big fish fry plus had 5 in there bucket yesterday morning.
 Northh dakota  had joel kelly and there son ar? They also landed some fish but had better luck on the tip ups  out in front of the picture window. Again super nice people.
 Elliot and his crew are in kentucky. Elliot had been here before. They were not doing that well but having a blast ., We moved them yesterday so we will see how they did later today when we say good bye. I know jonny boy had gone over with his electronics to try and help them land  more then a couple of fish. I stopped by the first morning they had two lines in when they could of had 7?

Today the hammer and I have been married 43 years , I sure landed a keeper when I met her. Going down those stairs  it was Love at first site. I have always said I love you.  I think everyday. Thats a lot of I love you's 365 day time 43 years plus some times more then once.
 It should or could be a grand day, on a grand lake that owes us nothing

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
congrats coolie and Hammer on 43 years!!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Great report! And congrats on the 43 years Cookie!!! :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
Going to play the good news bad news game this morning. The Good news. The shop says red baron is running. Bad news the bill from trying different parts. I 'm kinda funny , my whole car owning life I become attached to my vehicle's.. My dad owned car lots. Of all the cars I have owned I've treated them like a women. Every single one has been referred to as her or she. I think. Maybe not the plow trucks but I think if a guy looks back over the years on my blogs  they say she.  The plan is to go test drive it "Then Get Her Home"
 Bad news had a no show last night. Out 3 nights rental on florida. Same house got canceled last week due to covid crap.
 I Plan on calling the missing customer un tell his answers his phone.
 Since I started this business I have taken the attitude that things happen for a reason. Some time its hard to figure out why. Example that really jumps out is crashing my car last year when I dosed off. Studying the crash site the car should of came to a dead stop. But buy some miracle. It launched straight in the air.. David was going to go get it that next morning. Figuring out the accident seen. He said my car probably went 30 feet up in the air before landing on all four facing all most facing the direction I went into the ditch.
 So for some reason florida does not want to be rented this weekend? I have always been a take it easy kind of person. Growing up in the  late 60s, 70s it was peace and love.
 Cousin Pete my mentor up here when I fell into this business. He taught me so much . Try not to be in hurry was a big thing. Slow and steady. One year I dropped blue thunder 1 into a crack on the right side. .That year the lake had all these cracks. Buddy Hillman had police tape all over the place out there. Many vehicle's did the same thing that year. I would bet 8 of 10 got damaged yanking them out. Mostly Tie rod ends.
 With Pete's knowledge we got it out in the dark with no damage. It was not easy either.
 The good news  we have caught  some fish  in a fishy area. Doing what's been nick named the cookie shuffle. The biggest key is to find another area too "RUIN" before the bite peters out. Jonny boy spent some time scouting a few spots while Jake and I moved old minnesota, north Caroline to a new area.
 Having just blue thunder I can not take any chances of damaging anything. With chunks of ice out there every ware. I again need to you caution first. The winds after that last big blow packed the snow drifts, then all the Christmas traffic has also created frozen ruts to deal with.. never a dull moment here on the shores of such a grand lake.
 My brother Warren was here for a week. He installed a new toilet in the grey house, which was huge . He fished old minnesota all week landing well over 20 fish.. with us never moving the house.
 My old helper Tony came up with his 2 kids. They also caught some fish. Tony did do some run gunning type of fishing which helped them go home with there limits.
 Kentucky  with Dawson and Mason landed a big pike. at some point yesterday. which may explain the lack of walleye in that spot.
 Jake also brought his kids up to fish while he helped. He also was able to go to some spots and fish tip ups with great success. Plus some quality time with the kids away from there lap tops/video games. The other big high lite for him was chasing down and catching a lost dog. He chased the poor thing around  with his truck and on foot, dressed in ice fishing close including boots.
 The last bad news, good news. I injured my shoulder wednesday , by yesterday after moving and cleaning old minnesota and north carolina  I was in severe pain the worst I have ever experienced. The dr at  the emergency room recommend I see a ortho as the ex rays were negative. Time for a team meeting  have a nice day cookie

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
no show is wrong and good luck with your shoulder cookie!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
no show is wrong and good luck with your shoulder cookie!!!
yea ya would of thunk a simple phone call would of been appropriate! :pouty:

hope that shoulder heals bud!!!!!!!! that happened carrying boar again didnt it!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope it's not a rotator cuff Cookie.  Be careful!

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
Cookie is that pic of the crappie here your pic? recent? back during the giant crappie boom  when we had 15 crappie limits,one limit of 14"-15" crappies would fill a 5 gallon bucket with the tails curled up but not worth beans as table fare at least for me,crappies were so thick once fillet out pan frying they were mushy and mudding tasting,some folks claimed deep frying was the answer but never tried it,not to mention don't have a deep fryer then or now.Smoke they were good tho.
that pic was taken just recently.

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
esterday was a up and down day. The red baron came home, hind site when he unloaded her off the flat bed  I should of had him take black beauty to the tranny shop.. would of saved a 100 bucks.

I  over did it yesterday with the sore shoulder and paid the price last night. The plan today is to throw orders as we have 3 houses to reset by 2 pm.
 I think I can clean and vacuum but I'm going to really focus on not aggravating what ever is damaged.
  I'm going to ignore how long,  and how red baron was repaired and just  be thankful she is home.
 I was able to take her on the lake yesterday with out the plow Tough ride as the road is quite bumpy this year do to how the lake kept breaking up and then refreezing. One year she froze like glass. I could of ice skated off our property all the way to the north shore. This year it could not be more opposite. Every year I hope that it will freeze like that again. Maybe next year I will pray more. Might even do a 'freeze like glass' rain dance.
 Since jonny boy was staying on the lake last night in our canceled the day after they were spose to be here Florida house. I skipped making the rounds with the bad arm.
 We did make a big, not so big move . Abandoning the area we were working.
Curtis and his 2 buddies staying in north Dakota hammered the fish Friday night from 11pm tell 3am. Curtis said the bigger the shiner the better. He booked another trip in a coupled weeks with a different group. I explained to him it does not mean it will be like that again next trip.
 I can not guarantee the fish are going to swim under our houses then bite your presentation. I can put them in what we feel as fishy areas. I can do my best to have them on a fresh spot but that's not always a guarantee either.
 Mother nature can throw a wrench in things as well as mechanical problems .
 California is our furthest house out. Bob And Tiff. They had 5 eaters on the ice and had some decent action on there tip ups. The tip ups were set up for a walleye presentation.
 Bob, Shawna there 2 friends Zack, Katie? were in old minnesota. They also have been running tip ups outside of the house. When I stopped in they were having a grand time on a grand lake They had 5 in there bucket with Shawna having the lead with a fat  19 1/2 inch walleye. I think they said they were going to have a fish fry last night.
 When I was visiting we determined  this was there 11th year. I have said it before, Ben proposed to Shawna in old minnesota all those years ago. Next  trip they bring the rug rats.

Kentucky  plus Montana were set up for two family's with kids. I checked in Jake and Katie with there two young ones.
While Jonny boy checked in Brad , his wife there kids. Being I never went back out to visit not sure how they have done yet. There here again tonight so we will see how they did later.
 Kyle came late for north carolina. He sent a pic of a couple fish so that was a good sign.
 Today the plans is to prep, clean, move 3 houses that are re rented., I also planned on putting the v plow on, being one armed, with out help, there is know way I could put that baby on.
 The sky is kicking over gotta go

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
I saw this  so I'm sharing it as it is funny..
 THE FISHING IS SO BAD. EVEN THE LIARS DID NOT CATCH ANYTHING.
 Any way the fishing has been better then bad. Kentucky and montana had two very nice family's. Jake, Katie, kids Sophia, Otto. Brad, Beth, Kids  Brady darn can not remember the little girls name. Sunday eve into the morning they had a hoot catching more then a few over night. The night bite has been the ticket for us most of the season.  1am to 3am.
there is also a morning bite as the sky starts to kick over. Then throw in the bewitching hour. they had a nice fish fry and took fish home. I was checking in jeff  . The kids were out playing in the distance, Brady's dad threw a football. He dove head first making a spectacular catch, Jeff saw it to as we were looking out the picture window. Reminded me of all the times  Jonny boy and I  played football with Kyan and his dad Larry. Kyan is I think 1 day apart from Jonny boy in age. Larry was my brother inlaw.
 North dakota had a second night of crazy fishing? Again shiners were there goo to bait.
Jeff ,Jessi have been in old minnesota for two nights. They had ate a fish or two ? They also had one on the ice, plus jeff said he missed more then a few. Jessi also lost one off a rattle wheel.
 Chad and his 2 buddies spent there second night in california . They had some action  "I think they had 5 saved as of yesterday"
 Joe and his daughter Page are in north dakota. They have had action also  again after or just before dark.
 They also have caught some fish. My short term memories is interfering with me by the way.
 I know every one has caught a fish or two the last 48 hours.
  Jonny boy and Dan the carpet man  came to shore to get the v plow on red baron.
 I was able to take her on the lake yesterday. She seemed to be running real well. I made the morning rounds plus made a few short cuts in our road system. It kinda funny but I  do not  lay things out like a neighbor hood. There is a reason I do this ?
 I also got to slowly, slowly punch threw some of all the broken ice chunks. I saw a few spots just  south of us that looked very very fishy.
Jonny boy  and Dan got busy moving montana  as I gave the ice castle a good cleaning. "Including my phone". As I was walking in  I reached  for my phone in my inside pocket. As I brought it out it caught the sling I'm wearing. Just like a free throw" nothing but ice hole". I dove as if I was sliding into third base head first. I guess all those years of coaching  baseball payed off.  With only  one arm I  somehow trapped it on the side of the ice hole  where it got away, I got it again  as I gave it the death grip. I  rolled away from the hole phone in hand. I quickly got the cover off it, shook any water out of orifices' then set the edge of it on the defrost in red baron.
 Wow talk about some excitement for me. This was all before noon.
 I had a meeting  around 1 so as I headed in so proud driving my red baron. Just after the bridge  some bumps caused the red baron to blow a fuse and just stop running. Jonny boy said it also happened a few time last year, we think it has a flopping wire some where above the spare gas tank.
 Its never easy, challenging YA? Fun! Most of the time. Stressful !ya ya! all most every single day plan a  can become plan b c d e f g h etc.... 
 Off to say good bye to our guest today, then the plan is to work on the hillmans highway as much a possible without destroying all we have 'On a Grand Lake That Owes Us Nothing'

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
nother crazy busy busy week has gone by. 5 inches of wet snow threw a monkey wrench in things, but as we all know that's nothing new on such a grand lake.
 As the snow was tapering off I was asked to clean up  the first mile after the bridge.  I would say it is the bumpiest section. The red baron was as  ready as we could get.. After talking to my good friend Tom about how to find the short, I relayed what Tom told me  to Jonny boy who found  the loose wire causing the truck to quit running.
 My plan A was back to my mentor cousin Pete "slow and steady".
 Around 3 hours of back and forth moving snow to the south. I headed out to old minnesota. Buddy Hillmans was plowing the next 3 miles . At 4 times the speed of me. As I cleaned up the side road  going to  old minnesota I had too stop and drop off a few things for Wayne and Paul who would be arriving shortly. when I jumped back in to the red baron I had no heat. I quickly shut her down.
 Blue thunder has been sleeping on the lake most of the season . I fired her up, Then headed back to the main road cleaning up our secondary road in the process. While I waited for the guys I continued to clean up around the end of the road as buddy Hillman was finishing the 3 or so miles he had knock out.
 When Wayne and Paul showed up I got them checked in. I fired up red baron and topped her off with lake water, I had some heat again so I limped her home. Today Jonny boy will be pulling the radiator. As another one bites the dust.
 We had guest all week . With Jake rolling in with the boys to help  cleaning, moving, repairing then a little fishing to boot. Not only did Jake enjoy another week fishing. He also got his boys Gabrial and Lakken working side by side with him. There great boys that are learning about hard work, but also  fun rewarding work in the great outdoors. The future is in good hands.
 Brad Turk came up with his daughter Riley and her friend. Brad was so generous to bring me one of his late fathers Bill Turk a oil painting for north dakota.  The painting will spend the next twenty or so years hanging on a wall in north dakota  2 years ago they were able to fish with us spending two nites in north dakota.
 I always want our guest to catch fish , some I really want great fishing. That was not the case this trip. Even in a new area on a new spot that miles marker was horrible . Making that side road for north dakota, minnesota and  north carolina did not pan out.
 Sarah, Carl, Kenny and Terry were here again for they think 6 year. Then Sarah's nephew was also here again Jake Holly Katie Jeromy.  Florida had there best action the second afternoon into the evening where they had numerous bites  keeping 10 in there 5 hour flurry. meanwhile Jake  seemed to be all landing all the fish in north dakota, Jake landed 2 elusive yet still catchable upper red lake crappies. plus had his 3 walleyes. Katie did get a 20 incher I be leave.
Jake also released a few fish as he did not want to party fish. Party yes party fish no.
 There such a great group to have every year. They always give me some home made breakfast burritos. Plus this year they had 4 for Jonny boy. I cooked two in the oven in old minnesota when I was moving it yesterday. Best breakfast burrito I  ever had. Thanks again. Sarah also saved me a french dip that I whoof ed down last night when I came back off the lake at 10. 14 hour day yesterday had me worn out.
 Jonny told Alex and his crew in kentucky that if they found better fishing we would move them. About 2pm saturday the phone rang.. we were moving. They ended up catching  10 after the move plus 6 when they found the spot.
 Brett  and his son Zack were in montana where they took home 5 plus caught a few others.
 Jarrod his brother and friend  were in california , They took home 7 . They were tickled pink. super nice polite younger guys. They  have another trip coming up for the same house.
 Yesterday we moved montana, north dakota ,old minnesota then checked in 3 more crews Hope they did well over the last 16 hours. I did stop at minnesota last night with Steve and his dad Jerry.  It started off slow .They had caught a small pike  and may of lost a walleye at the hole.
 I was beat last night so I skipped kentuckys visit as well as north dakota last night.
 Well off to say goodbye to the Iowa crew then clean, prep, move florida and montana to new grounds.

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
A lot has changed here on the shores/lake of upper red lake.
 Mother nature gave us a wake up call yesterday with high winds . I can only imagine what a mess it may be around the houses  this morning. Jonny boy spent a big chunk of last night dragging buddy hillmans road trying to get rid of drift letting the wind carry it away. There road has not been kind to my radiators this year taking out both 454 chevs. We also had to replace blue thunders.
 We have had guests all week with some success. I did get to spend a little time with some. The new crew of Mike and his buddies were such nice guys. I did get to spend a 1/2 hour or so playing some dice with them there last nighty. They had some fish to take home and also ate a few.
 Tim ,Dan Pete and possibly Mike  were here the 4rth year in a row. They also ate some fish with the first night be there best fishing. They ask about the old guy?  Our friend Ole. They had met him 4 years ago and got a kick out of visiting with him that year hering about his life in alaska
 Old minnesota had Steve and jerry also  repeat customers. They drew the short straw. Even having the house on a fresh spot did not help. They did have better action the second night with the rattle wheels but had a hard time getting them. Again super nice son and dad. They have stayed with us before and even though the fishing could of been better they plan on coming back next year.
 Florida had Jason and his Gal I did not get to visit them . Ii think they got 7 the first night. plus a few more there second night.
Les and Rita checked into montana. They also have stayed with us before. They did a alaska road trip driving over 10,000 miles. Rita teased me with a jarred can of smoked salmon. They had there 2 overs and one just under 17 .

We also had Jordan roll in. He had stayed with us many years ago. It was great seeing him. They were a hand full with the crew of 4 kids  and 4 adults plus 2 pit bulls. I was not comfortable with the dogs so my visiting was limited.
 The sky is kicking over so its time to get moving. Jake is also here helping. Today will be busy as we reset all the house's for the weekend after we dig everyone out.
 Last night we also had a full house with Glen and his girl coming for one night.  Plus Dominic here his second night We also had a couple I've never met staying one night Casey and Matt.

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
The winds did play a little havoc but all in all not bad.. Jonny boy pulled hillmans drag for 5 hours at least  letting the winds take the snow off the main road. Our off shoot road had some drifting but with the red baron re routing was easier then moving all the snow in certain spots.
 We said good bye to glen. He makes it up a couple times a year. He is right up there with being a better fisherpeople then most and is right up there with greek. He never sets he rod down. He is constantly jigging a purple northland  buckshot, totally focused on the vexlar. I'm happy to report he went home with his 3 and his gals 3.
 Matt and Casey  spent one night. They only managed 2 keepers but said they want to bring the kids next year,
 Domminick and his buddy also had a grand time on a grand lake. They left old minnesota in really nice shape which is much apricated . They also had some action just not sure how many they took home. They did eat a couple.
 The rest of the day was spent plowing new trails, cleaning, moving, blocking, banking, augering..
 Yesterday Jonny boy and I headed out to button up the houses, getting them ready for our guest.
 Every thing went well un tell our last guest were on the lake. When the red baron sputtered then quit running. Hitting the key there was nothing there. I had to jump in friday morning?  After checking in Jim and Grace Jonny boy towed me home. It seems one of the 2 batteries took a crap . We got her running  by jumping  the good batterie. I have a new batterie to throw in this morning so hopefully that cure the issue.
  We were also able to accommodate a few wheel houses down by us, plowing them there own little fishy areas.
 Time to tackle that battery as we  say good bye to mike and mark in north dakota. Then plow and pick a new fishy spot for  Randy and his crew, On a Grand Lake that Owes Us Nothing.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
Where does the time go.  I have noticed as you get older time flies buy quicker?
The red baron is in the driveway warming up, with a new battery, a new alternator, a new wiper motor.
 I'm again looking forward to taking her on the lake as we keep moving houses on to fishy areas for us and our guest.
  We had good fishing in my book s last weekend.
  I have been plowing and setting up wheel houses for the past few years to try and help recruit some of the expenses that occur to the fleet.   We are always willing to accommodate a few wheel houses. You can have the peace  of mind knowing you will be able to safely get off the main roads. I or Jonny boy may even  swing buy to check on you through out your fishing adventure. We even can pick up extra supply's for you while were on shore. For me it has and always will be customer service.
 Now for the past weekends fishing report. I set rod up inn his ice castle. he was tickled pink landing numerous fish . They went home with 11 plus a elusive yet still catchable upper red lake crappie.
 Dan and Mel also showed up. We had hem over for dinner saturday night. I made smothered burrito's. So So good. One year I made them in old minnesota for Bob and Jacky. I put the pot of sauce on the stove and gave them directions to stir occasinaly as we did not want the sauce sticking to the bottom. That evening The hammer and brought the rest of the fixing out to the shack. Boy did we laugh. Jacky had Bob and his buddy stirring the sauce all day. The pork was shredded from stirring so much. They were calling her the stir natzi as she rode them all day.
 We had Mark and Mike in north dakota. They ate a fat 18 incher saturday morning for breakfast. saturday night Mike sent me a pic of a trophy  he caught. mid 20s ii was wrong when I said we would never see trophy walleyes. Mike and Mark were old school buddies from ill. They had a grand time on a grand lake.
 Jim  and Grace were in old minnesota. They took home there six plus enjoyed there stay tremendously. Grace teaches pre schoolers. She said she was tickled pink to have her kids back in class.
 Florida had Dan and keith They also had fish for dinner plus I think they took home 5.
 california had Fred and his gal Mel plus there dog. They caught a few fish. They come back in a couple weeks with another couple in kentucky.
 Kentucky canceled on us the last minute. We were able to rent friday night for one night. Kyle rolled in from grand rapids with his wife and daughter. When I came back later that night they had  2 more adults and 3 grands kids come up. They also took home some fish saying they will also be back.
 We also set up darrin up sunday evening in his wheel house. They left with there 6 monday morning.
 Montana had Nick and his crew, they also had our cabin here on land. They caught a few fish but not sure how many.
 The hammer and I spent a few hours in old minnesota last night after another cancelation? I'm going to have to change up our policy. I have had more cancelation this year then the last 10 years combined? I landed  a nice fat 18incher for supper out there tonight. The hammer is out of practice as she lost a nice fish ,landed a small scuffit. She lost more then a few minnows. She might of even swore? After making us a giant chef salad I had the pleasure of taking a nap while she watched one of her favorite movies Dirty dancing. Tonight we will be having dinner on the chana enjoying the movie jersey boys.
 North dakota canceled for the weekend as well as florida and old minnesota. 18 years I have never had 3 houses all cancel the same weekend?
 Time to hit the lake. I just talked to Ryan they were in florida the last 2 nights, he said they caught 20 fish and are taking home 12 Quality fish. The 2 young girls each got to catch there first walleyes. That's just another reason its a grand lake  that owes us nothing. Plus another elusive yet still catchable upper red lake crappie was caught last night.
 Jonny boy was making the rounds this morning to see how Don's crew did over night in north dakota as well as Scott in montana. I have high hopes as again both  house's were on fresh spots

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
We were able to fill one of the 3 houses that got canceled this week.
 The hammer and I will be fishing old minnesota again to night. Jonny boy his gal Heather will be staying out in montana if it does not get a customer in it tonight.
North Dakota got snatched up buy Danny and his family. Danny is a electrician so there could be some bartering as were planning on building a shop for the fleet. I hope it all pans out, only time will tell.
 I'm headed out in a bit to spend some more quality time in old minnesota. I spent the bewitching hour out there last night. I had 3 rattle wheels go off  but nothing there. Ii did manage to get a smaller walleye 13 incher on the chubby darter using the vexlar. he inhaled the lure.
  Jonny boy was using north carolina as our scouting house. Sounds like he hit the mother load.
 WE set up Jim in his wheel house wednesday. He landed a bigger pike yesterday. 35 incher I think Jonny said.
 I also set up Pat in his wheel house. It was in a very fishy area that we had done well at a couple weeks ago.
 I told them if the fishing was to slow in that spot we could plow another driveway today.
 Marlo and Butch also set up by north carolina.
 Don and his crew did so bad Monday in north dakota. I moved the house for them even though it had not been there 24 hours. I put them over in the area that Scott figured he caught over 20 in montana.
Wednesday  morning I go out there to say goodbye. They again had poor fishing? Wow how can a house land over 20 fish with the house next to getting nothing.
 Andrew,  Dave and the 2 boys were in florida for 2 nights. They did just all right. Andrew said leaving the house where it was last fished was fine with him if they could get a discount. They did get enough for a big meal.
 I be leave last night was the first night all our houses were open with no overnight customers.
 Not sure if anyone remembers me talking about the greek. He came up with a invention that helps load your boat.
 When he showed me his prototype 2 years ago I was like that's a million dollar idea. I came up with a name. The first Mate as you can load your boat with no help. It did not stick but thats ok with me. Its  pretty cool as they get ready to launch, they will be donating some of the first profits to big brother. Billy/ the greek mentored 2 young men years ago. James was one of them. He now has become a big part of the new company. I will fill more in as time goes buy a I will also be trying to sell a few to the boaters I get here.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice report Cookie. Love the picture on the home page!!! :happy1: :happy1: