Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2014 MNO FISHING CHALLENGE  (Read 4133 times)

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
 :Clap:  It's that time of year again.  This years summer challenge is just around the corner.  We have a couple of new exciting changes in store for you this year.  The admins have been working on this most of the winter.  Our goal is to increase participation of contestants and rewarding that participation with great fun, friendly competition and good humor.  While change is difficult for some we have concluded that it is necessary to achieve our goal.

RULE CHANGE # 1.    This year the open spots will be limited to 30 contestants.

These spots will be on a first come, first serve basis.  That will give us ten teams of 3.  In the event we don't get 30 members to sign up we will obviously have less teams but they will all have three members so don't wait and be the odd man out. 

Like I said before change is hard for some.   Digest this one and after you have blood pressure back under control check back tomorrow evening for rule change #2.  Be sure to have your Nitro with you.   ;)
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
  New for the MNO FISHING CHALLENGE of 2014

To enter this years fishing challenge each member with the required ten posts that would like to enter the contest:

Rule change #2.  You are required to purchase an MNO bumper sticker.

The cost of the bumper sticker will be 5$ plus 2 way postage.  Your stamp and an additional stamp to return the sticker to you.  Each bumper sticker will be numbered, dated, and signed by Lee Borgersen or myself.  You do not have to have the bumper sticker in possession to be entered.  Your bumper sticker fee must be received by the deadline.

All bumper sticker proceeds minus the postage will be returned as prizes for the contest. 

You will not be included in the sign up until your payment for your MNO bumper sticker has been received.  Lee will give you the exact details soon of how to go about your purchase.

While we prefer you enter by mail, I know that some people like to pay online.  I do have a paypal account and if contacted by pm will accept payment online.  Again payment must be received before the deadline. 

You may pay for other members.  Be sure to include their MNO name, real name and address and include the appropriate postage so we can get their sticker to them.  There is a paypal transaction fee plus postage so if you pay online the cost will be 6 $ total.

Rule change #3  You must post a legal fish to be eligible for ANY prizes.  It does not have to be and upgrade for your team.  Just a score-able, legal fish.   We want to reward participation. 

The rest of the rules will be the same.  The staple item to be used in the  :Photography:  will be announced shortly before the contest begins.  The deadline for sign up will be announced soon.

Disclaimer:

It is not the mission of MNO to falsely mislead or pressure anyone to partake in any of the competitive contests that MNO has to offer throughout the year. All parties that enroll in our various contests/competitions are obligated to read and follow the rules posted for each and every competition before entering.

Any of the few contests that may require any fee or purchase will have any fee or purchase price minus postage  returned to the prize winning  competitors of said contests at the rate of 100% pay back.  MNO is a non profit web-site and also offers many free donated prizes throughout the year.

If you have questions please feel free to ask.  Complaints will deleted.   :sorry:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
and why wouldn't that bumper sticker be the staple item since its signed dated etc?????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
and why wouldn't that bumper sticker be the staple item since its signed dated etc?????

We talked about that.  The reason why is because what if it would fly out of your boat or get lost?  It's not something that can be easily replaced like stopping at the gas station to pick up a new lighter or spinnerbait. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
I'll just mount mine on a board or maybe landing net, tackle box tray etc.

...and then I'll always be reminded of my MNO friends.    ;D
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

We talked about that.  The reason why is because what if it would fly out of your boat or get lost?  It's not something that can be easily replaced like stopping at the gas station to pick up a new lighter or spinnerbait. 
just asking....makes sense!!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

Don't mount it on the landing net or you'll never be reminded.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

just asking....makes sense!!!!

Yep, you bet Glenn just answering your question.  Have a good one Buddy.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well lets get some addresses up! training-087 training-087 :banghead: think this union guys got nuttin better to do???

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts

Don't mount it on the landing net or you'll never be reminded.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  

...another thoughtful comment from my MNO friends.   :happy1:
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv